[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do the denizen's of /vp/ feel about these games. I personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: sunmoon.jpg (53KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
sunmoon.jpg
53KB, 578x327px
How do the denizen's of /vp/ feel about these games.
I personally didn't like them anywhere near as much as the other main titles. I want to hear about them from the other side of the opinion, what is it they like about the games and other stuff.
>>
>>31811691
I miss the national dex. Like that was most unforgivable, perhaps only tied with removing the PSS and forcing the shittiest player interface in the franchise on us.

I also don't like the region and it's lack of dungeons, but as a subjective thing I hated being forced to interact with characters I didn't like every 20 minutes. Difficulty was standard pokemon game, but I attributed most of the game's to exploring and puzzles and these games are REALLY lacking on that front.
>>
I'm a big fan of S&M
>>
>>31811787
so no one tied you up and forced you to play the game?
But seriously, what did you like about it.
>>
>>31811799
It's a joke, dude.
>>
>>31811813
>>31811799
In all honesty, I haven't gotten around to playing it yet so I don't have an opinion.
>>
>>31811691
Tapus and UBs makes me not want to play online.
>>
i like the pokemon, i do think the games are the worst in the series yet.
trials were more annoying than fun for me and Lusamine was the worst antagonist ever. also, after she tries to destroy everything by opening a portal to a different dimension, the police doesn't give a single fuck about her...?
>>
I'm fairly neutral about it, wasn't horrible but wasn't spectacular.
I like the designs of the cities though.
>>
>>31811691
Favorite games in the series. It got a lot of things just perfect. There was only one thing I wish it had more of, that was dungeons. Other than that, it had everything I wanted. A few things were downgraded, but are still there, such as losing PSS for Plaza. But Plaza still does the job, so I don't mind it as much. There were some other things it removed, such as Triple Battles, but I never cared for them so it doesn't affect me in any meaningful way.

It also added a lot of things I always wanted in Pokemon. For one, Pokemon not always just sitting in Box. And letting you ride Pokemon. That was fucking awesome. Getting rid of HM in process just adds to that. Alolan forms were great idea and I love the fact they don't take themselves as seriously, and while Z-Move doesn't bring as much change to the table as Megas did, I still liked using them simply because of how cool they looked.
While I LOVE the idea of Gyms, the Trails were fun. Gyms are, in the end, just glorified, but simple battles. While most Trails aren't something special, but still different and fresh. And fun. Totem battles are a whole new thing, and they felt like actual bosses.

I'll emphasize on the fact I loved the story. For the first time, I battled Trainers for a reason other than "Become the Champion". I wanted to see what happens next. It felt like an actual adventure, rather than just being thrown into one battle after another for the sake of battling. For the first time I cared about the human characters more than my Pokemon.

Immersion is something SM did the best. It made the world feel the most alive it's ever been. Characters from other region appearing and characters moving to other regions made the world feel connected. Small details like the Trainer being present in battles, Battle poses or towns not having most of its houses face a single direction. The region itself was a lot more realistic. Everything also just looked beautiful.

Overall, I love SM.
>>
>>31811691
It was alright, far from the best games, but far from the worst aswell, I feel like i'm more neutral on these games than anything. Online has been kinda fun this gen though, so that makes me like them a bit more than I probably should.
>>
Worst games in the series, I can't understand why anyone would think otherwise.
>>
I really liked them.
>>
It lacked the immersion other games had. Before you were on an adventure that was largely up to player in how they played, but now they force you on a rail and 100% railroad you into interactions with lackluster characters.

The worst part was probably the region, due to O3DS limitations it felt very empty and lifeless in comparison to other cities(Even ones in X/Y, which I had assumed were a new low before this).

Really they cut down on both the adventure and exploration aspects and thats what I really wanted out of pokemon, immersion rather than a generic plot that Pokemon didn't need.
>>
I'm glad they removed hms but ride pokemon were things I didn't like in X/Y. Give me a little boat or something, and most of all I miss the bike. The best part about it was going fast WITHOUT holding B, like you need to do on Tauros.

Glad I pirated, wouldn't have wanted to support these games because they just cut too much content I enjoyed in the process of adding little first world things like sending party mons to the PC.
>>
>>31812061
Games were very stiff, yes.
This felt less like a region and more like a series of benchmarks you have to beat in order to access online.
I have played since the Gameboy era and I can safely says these are the only games I've outright hated.
>>
>>31812061
>(Even ones in X/Y, which I had assumed were a new low before this).
Funny, people loved to cry about how big Lumiose was.
>>
>>31811691
Just because it isn't boxart doesn't mean it's much different. No one cares what you think.
>>
>>31812095
It gave the illusion of being big but most of it was empty.

Overall I hope the games don't keep down this route. Removing HMs was nice and all but I miss the national dex and they really screwed the pooch allowing custom tourneys but removing alternative battle styles.
>>
>>31811691
This post reeks of underage.
>>
>>31811691
I can say I liked the music.
From a gameplay standpoint everything is a step down: they removed a bestiary in a monster catching game, removed battle types, THE PLAZA. Fishing if I'm nitpicking. Early access megastones in limited torneys.

Subjectively I disliked Lillie and really want regions to have dungeons and puzzles again.
>>
>>31812097
>boxart
what are you going on about?
>>
>>31811691
I loved SM and would defend it tooth and nail. I just put almost 350 hours into it and I'm feeling burnt out. I don't want to replay it and there is nothing more I want to do after I beat it. After I do the last few Island Scan pokemon that I want I don't know what I'll do. Don't get me wrong. Any retail game that gives you 300+ hours of fun is deserving of the highest praise. Pokemon games have so much variety that you should want to do multiple playthroughs or do a lot of things after you beat the game. SM is a fantastic game but as a pokemon game it's jusk good.

I should have finished playing XY before I played SM. I feel about XY like how I feel about RBY. Graphics wise they look like a chore to play. This coming from the guy who thinks Gen 3 looks amazing.
>>
And the long cutscenes kill any replay value, too
>>
>>31812242
People (or just a samefag) constantly (almost daily) made multiple SM hate threads without any quality discussion. These threads always had the same SM boxart image.
>>
>>31811691
theyre my favorites for a load of reasons but two main ones.

1. The Tropical Setting
2. Introduced Drampa

Now saying that, in my opinion the postgame is all that really kills it and it kills it dead. After beating the E4 and doing the UB quests, the game comes to a screeching halt. nothing to do and no reason to go anywhere anymore.
>>
>>31812433
>1. The Tropical Setting
what did hoenn do wrong?
>2. Introduced Drampa
DRAMP PAP?
>>
>>31812428
>replying to this faggot
Do you really think this is not the same faggot as always?

>or just a samefag
There's no "or". It is the same faggot. He even used the same filename for the first dozen threads, and started changing that a bit after he was called out. Even this thread has the same filename as a lot of other SM hate threads.
>>
>>31812428
thanks for that, even though I don't like the game, I don't participate in hate threads.
I started this thread because a genuinely wanted to know what people who liked the game thought and give examples to why they liked it. I wasn't aware of this image being used in that ay, I picked it because I prefer it to the 3Ds boxart.
>>
>>31812128
>It gave the illusion of being big but most of it was empty.
SM in a nutshell
>>
>>31812436
Hoenn was more Jungle tropical imo whereas Alola is more Resorty

DRAMP PAP
>>
File: 1481113212205.png (471KB, 658x812px) Image search: [Google]
1481113212205.png
471KB, 658x812px
i feel the same way about SM that i do about XY: they're games that could've potentially been the best in the series, yet gamefreak opted for handholding, casualization, and genwun references over actually trying to make decent games but both gens 6 and 7 do have some really solid pokemon designs, which i honestly care about more than anything else. ultra beasts are the coolest shit and i sincerely hope they expand on them in the next game
>>
>>31812569
SM can get away with handholding, casualization and genwun references because it's SM and not XY
>>
>>31811691
I dislike them. I haven't played it in over a week and have only played it for about 50 hours total.
>>
>>31812097
Another butthurt fag who can't accept the fact that people don't like his shitty favorite game.
>>
I'm struggling to like and stay engaged with SM so hard, but I just can't. It's missing so many of the things that made me like the past couple of gens.
>>
>>31812436
Hoenn does tropical far better.

>>31812599

What?!
>>
>>31812698
i think what he means is that XY was so shithouse, SM looks leagues better by comparison, despite suffering from most of the same problems as XY
>>
>>31811691

I like the atmosphere, the music and most of the new pokemon. I know alot of people hate it but I like the plaza and been spending a ton of time on Battle Tree. The updated breeding mechanics are a godsend and hyper training imperfect shinies is a winner in my book as well. They aren't flawless games but I really enjoy SM.
>>
>>31812789

But XY was far better than SM.
>>
>>31811691
I lost all drive to play after I beat the main story. Haven't even seen the battle tree yet.
No natdex left a really sour taste in my mouth and the regional dex is one of the weakest so far, quality-wise
>>
i for one love Sun and Moon
>>
>>31811691
I haven't even finished it.
They removed everything I loved about Pokemon.
>>
>>31812698
Basically deceptive marketing made sun and moon look considerably better than X and Y.
>>
>>31813122
On the subject of marketing, I don't know why I let myself become rehyped for SM after the three month-long news drought ended. It was such an obvious red flag.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.