[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that we have mega transformations and ultimate attacks,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

File: z-crystals.png (389KB, 800x279px) Image search: [Google]
z-crystals.png
389KB, 800x279px
So now that we have mega transformations and ultimate attacks, what's the next "cool flavor of the gen" idea going to be?
>>
>>31809892
4th stage evos that add 100 bst and are permanent
Screencap this
>>
More Battle Bond kind of abilities.
>>
>>31809892

More Battle Bond forms

Ash-Pikachu
Ash-Charizard
Ash-Sceptile
Ash-Infernape
Ash-Krookodile
Ash-Incineroar
>>
>>31809892
More alt skins. I cant wait to see sinnoh variants of other mons
>>
File: Armordigivolve2[1].jpg (16KB, 356x396px) Image search: [Google]
Armordigivolve2[1].jpg
16KB, 356x396px
>>31809892

Armor Evolution
>>
Synchro

Add +BST to Pokemon below 600 BST
>>
>>31810257
>metal coat
>>
>>31810269
>Protector
>Electirizer
>Magmarizer
>>
Fusion.
>>
Every type will get a sneaky pebbles
>>
>>31810313

This
>>
>>31810326
Has pokescience gone toofar?
>>
>>31809907
can someone redpill me on this fucking cow meme?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
>>31809892
stands
>>
>>31810326
this image gave me cancer
>>
Ultra Field Effects

Cause an OP battlefield effect to alter the battle for the rest of the match

Can overlap with your opponent's

An all-new level of weather cancer
>>
File: garcario_by_molochtdl-dax7pyi[1].png (383KB, 800x1013px) Image search: [Google]
garcario_by_molochtdl-dax7pyi[1].png
383KB, 800x1013px
>>31810357

Then you're gonna love this one
>>
>>31810382
I am dead
>>
>>31809892

Mega Stones now double as Z-Crystals, allowing the Pokemon to use a Z-Move after they Mega Evolve

However, this takes a lot of energy, and the Pokemon reverts back to normal after the Z-Move is used
>>
>>31810432
This abuse of power needs a great consequence
Halved HP and returning to normal after using z move?
>>
>>31810346
It's not a meme, some stupid faggot is trying to get attention and be an epic kid.
>>
Pokemon battles on motorcycles.
>>
Fusions, where a handful of specific Pokemon sets can be fused to create special forms with unique attributes neither has on their own, but any two Pokemon can be fused to take certain traits from one to the other like moves or stat boosts with the only visual change being the base gaining the material's color palette.

>>31810207
That'll be just for the XY remakes in 2026 where a major gimmick is being able to "make your very own Battle Bond!" with all three Kalos starters
>>
File: 1428582937020.gif (2MB, 400x348px) Image search: [Google]
1428582937020.gif
2MB, 400x348px
>>31809892
>A single-use item that completely negates any one attack
>A "Mew"-type legendary whose signature move instantly KOs Megas
>Vehicle-based battles/Pokemon
>An item that gives 1st stage Pokemon of 3-stage lines +200 BST
>Pokemon that summon their own stands; stand can be changed per Pokemon

Shit they did once and will never expand on despite being actually vaguely interesting when they did do it:
>Pokemon Fusion
>More Megas
>More Z-Moves
>More type-changed forms
>Battle Bond
>Ultra Beasts

Shit the games DESPERATELY NEED but will never do:
>Auto-rooms
>Change Pokemon abilities (and balls) at will
>Remotely control your Pokemon via spiritual bond
>>
>>31809892
Some Pokemon now have 3 typings

The starters will be

Grass/Water/Fire

Fire/Grass/Water

Water/Fire/Grass
>>
"Win the game" button.
>>
>>31810321
Normal, poison, and Bug allready have entry hazards, on top of rock. I am a big proponent for entry hazards from every type, because they would make fights more interesting.
>>
assists
use an attack from a pokemon on your team not currently on the field without switching
>>
I'd love it if they did more attacks that rely on affecting your allies' attacks, but that would require them to use Double Battles.
>>
>>31810207
This. All they have to do is make multiple textures for the same model so it can be according to your skin tone and hair colour. Then this mechanic will be the precursor to decorating and changing colours of your Pokémon in Gen 9. Screencap this.
>>
>>31812919
After there were so many things that looked amazing in double battles during the previews of this gen, when there were only, I want to say three? Double battles in the entire game, I was understandably sore.
>>
>>31812764
A trick room setter ability/Pokemon would be so ridiculously overused.

I'd love to see Fusion of counterpart/duo mons (Plusle/Minun, Seviper/Zangoose, etc)
>>
>>31812972
>A trick room setter ability/Pokemon would be so ridiculously overused.
Why wasn't it a problem with auto-terrain setters? Uber-level statted ones, at that.

Trick Room has such untapped potential but it's so esoteric; it's never spoken of, never used in battle by major characters, its distribution is utter dogshit especially in this gen where EVERYTHING IS SLOW.

If an auto-TR mon was OU, it also wouldn't be that big a problem because by bringing out your own one you could automatically reverse the opponent's Trick Room.
>>
File: applink.png (2MB, 1430x800px) Image search: [Google]
applink.png
2MB, 1430x800px
>>31812732
How original.
>>
>>31812993
Never said auto-terrain wasn't a problem, all the Tapus are overused currently and for the foreseeable future.

Although if they did add a TR setting mon I'd like to see a Tailwind setter as well, it'd really change up team comps - people would likely have a super slow mon on their team in case the opponent had the TR setter.
>>
>>31813024
That would be a great idea.
I would put in auto-wonder room and auto-magic room as well; I know they're nowhere near as useful but just make them available. And I'd give auto-terrain moves to some alternate forms older Pokemon, too.
>>
>>31812764
>Single-use item that completely negates any one attack
So... a better Focus Sash then? Because that's literally what Focus Sash does.

If the Pokemon in question is to be oneshot by a move, it is instead brought to 1 HP and the sash breaks. That is essentially negating the move, because the next turn practically anything will kill the Pokemon in one shot because it only has one HP.

>1st stage pokemon of 3 stage lines +200 BST
So just a better Eviolite for weaker Pokemon?
>>
>>31812908
I was going to suggest something like this. Maybe not something as straightforward as this, but some kind of strategic interaction between party Pokémon during battle feels like a natural evolution of the standard formula.
>>
>>31810480
Brilliant

Captcha: Stop Signs
>>
File: 1487265477219.jpg (32KB, 651x451px) Image search: [Google]
1487265477219.jpg
32KB, 651x451px
>>31810207
>>31810226
>the only Pokemon who get Battle Bond are Gen 1 Pokemon + Lucario
>>
>>31813187
>So... a better Focus Sash then? Because that's literally what Focus Sash does.
No I mean more like a free Mimikyu's Disguise ability as an item.

>So just a better Eviolite for weaker Pokemon?
Yeah basically. They'd probably give it to shit like Pichu or whatever first stages have been neglected over the years to increase their lifespan.
>>
>>31809892
Think about what "place" these gimmicks have had on a specific Pokemon.

Mega Stones brought focus to the item slot. Z-Moves brought focus to the moves themselves.

The other areas a Pokemon can be customized are the ability, type, base stats and teammates.

Personally, I would bet that something like an "assist" function, think Marvel fighting games, will be next. Not sure how it would work, whether the assisted or assisting Pokemon would have an item/move that allowed assistance. Mainly, this will allow some Pokemon to get rid of certain checks as long as their teammate is alive. You could even have utility moves, like Heal Pulse, Encore, or Follow Me, to allow Pokemon to set up easier.
>>
>>31813225
What if all starters (plus Pikachu) got them.
>>
File: 1487303003902.gif (3MB, 800x474px) Image search: [Google]
1487303003902.gif
3MB, 800x474px
>>31812764
Ability Swap technically exists with Ability Capsule, and I don't think GF ever wants to make HA easy to get.
>>
File: HNI_0091.jpg (84KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0091.jpg
84KB, 400x240px
>>31813019
Actually, I was thinking of Mixi Max, down to the visual differences.
>>
>>31813239
Mimikyu's Disguise is literally an upgraded focus sash.
>>
>>31813255
Meta game wise I could see it, but what is the purpose in story?
>>
After evolutions and moves we now want to focus on forms for the new games. We tested the waters with alolan regional formes and people seemed to like them, so we made a form for each of the original pokemon in the new games. Through power breeding you can even have the regional variants change their type to that of the regular forms, which creates ever more customization. - Ohmori, februari 2018
>>
>>31813276
"Pikachu, get in there and zap that Pelipper for Krookodile!"

"Snorlax, take the hit so Gliscor can roost!"
>>
>>31812764
>An item that gives 1st stage Pokemon of 3-stage lines +200 BST
We need to go further.

>An item that gives baby Pokémon +300 BST
>>
>>31813271
Greninja's Battle Bond is literally an upgraded mega evolution.
>>
>>31813255
So what is the berry pocket next? Or the Key?
Or , and hear me out on this, a complicated breeding chain of different pokemon leading up to HA that does the "assist"
Or maybe he latter to help get HA in the first place instead of needing a parent with one
>>
>>31809892
Pokemon now has combination attacks. The generic combo gem simply has the holder choose a teammate (benched or not) and perform a double attack that deals damage based on the holder's selected move and the teammate's strongest move as a two-hit attack.

Special combo gems exists that has the holder and a teammate perform an even more powerful attack if the holder and the teammate are specific pokemon species. Examples of Pokemon that could use special combo attacks
>Lycanroc-Midday and Lycanroc-Midnight (One really powerful rock type attack)
>Machamp and Conkeldurr (One really powerful fighting type attack)
>Gardevoir and Gallade (One really powerful psychic type attack)
>Pikachu and Lucario (Never missing high damaging attack that deals fighting type and electric type damage)
>Alakazam and Gengar
>Gen 8 Grass Starter/Gen 8 Fire Starter
>Gen 8 Fire Starter/Gen 8 Water Starter
>Gen 8 Water Starter/Gen 8 Grass Starter
>>
>>31813294
dude this "thing" would be so fucking late game Ash would never know about it.
>>
>>31813255
>get rid of certain checks
This is what's killing pokemon multiplayer. The idea of a Heatran, the volcano pokemon, making flowers bloom everywhere is stupid enough - getting rid of its natural counter, water types, is even more ridiculous.

It's already been happening since gen 6 (Charizard with Solar Beam and so on).

This kind of crap is what makes people shy away from pokemon. Whatever happened to the classic "water beats fire". If everyone can beat up everyone else then the game just becomes dumb.
>>
File: 841.jpg (29KB, 377x298px) Image search: [Google]
841.jpg
29KB, 377x298px
>>31813385
>>
>>31809892
I honestly hope we don't have anything more.
I'm still trying to get behind the whole Mega Evolution, but Z-moves killed it for me.
>>
>>31813385
If everyone can beat up everyone it becomes fun. The issue is the gap inbetween.
>>
File: 1478228186006.png (310KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478228186006.png
310KB, 500x1000px
>>31809892
>Mega evolution is hyped up as really important
>a ton of the advertisement for XYORAS focused on megas
>Mega evolution is so important it turns out to actually be the point of divergence separating the Megaverse from other Pokemon games
>not only are there no new megas in the very next generation, they can't even be assed to give you the existing stones in game
>a lot of Pokemon that could have actually used a mega form never got one
>only 2 sets of starters got megas
>>
>>31813448
>only 2 sets of starters got megas
I don't mind this so much.
What annoys me is that only ONE set of starters got Z-moves.

Z-moves are a GREAT idea to cover Pokemon that didn't get Mega stones, and they're also a good idea for Pokemon that complement those that do get Mega stones. Since you can only bring one Mega stone and one Z-Crystal, there should really be a LOT more of them for popular Pokemon (that didn't get Megas). Instead they seem to have thought Alola forms filled that niche, which is not the case at all, except for, like, Marowak and Muk.
>>
>>31810313

Kyurem
>>
>>31813470
So why haven't they done more of 'em?
>>
>>31813480

Technically there's Slowbro/Slowking which is a fusion of Slowbro and Shellder.
>>
>>31813468
Z-Moves are garbage except for specific Status moves, Mew's, and on Pokemon like Heatran who are already great and are just using it for emergency coverage. Unless other starters get ones as busted as Mew's, it'll be a waste of time, and if they are as busted as Mew's then the Alolan starters will be left far in the dust with their special Z-Moves.
>>
>>31813521
>>31813480

And Magneton and Klink

Maybe Diglet/Dugtrio.

And the two trade bugs that swap shells

and probably more stuff I can't think of.
>>
>>31813555
>>31813521
Yeah, buy you never fuse those Pokemon, they just evolve spontaneusly.

They need to come up with an item like the DNA Splicers, but one that fuses other existing pokemon togeteher to create new ones.
>>
>>31810226
>more pokemon gaining a resemblance to a guy that doesn't exist in-game
>>
>>31810382
At least it has a muzzle now.
>>
>>31813402
I don't see the fun with the game turning into "whoever strikes first, wins", but well, I'm probably getting too old for this.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.