[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you use legendaries in competitive then please insert a knife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_9974.png (40KB, 204x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9974.png
40KB, 204x258px
If you use legendaries in competitive then please insert a knife into your stomach
>>
>>31796197
>inb4 "git gud"
>>
>>31796197
But that sounds painful.
>>
>>31796197
>muh legends
No one cares faggot
>>
File: 1485999875068.jpg (68KB, 232x288px) Image search: [Google]
1485999875068.jpg
68KB, 232x288px
>>31796197
>>
>>31796197

"Legendary" is a competively worthless term: most "legendaries" aren't much stronger than ordinary Pokemon.
>>
>>31796236
Poor Articuno, no Pokémon suffers more from the legend stigma than iceburd.
>>
>>31796260
phione, regice and regigigas are probably worse.
All four are PU anyway.
>>
File: 1486789438022.jpg (74KB, 461x347px) Image search: [Google]
1486789438022.jpg
74KB, 461x347px
>>31796197
>>
>>31796197
What if I use Registeel
>>
>>31796197
its impossible to play competitive without at least one legendary or mega on your team,
>>
>>31796197
>legendaries
>posts Tapu Koko
>>
>waaaaah stop using legendaries!
>pseudos, aegislash, greninja, blaziken, and megas are perfectly fine tho :)

Fuck. Off.
>>
File: 1469457363537.png (99KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1469457363537.png
99KB, 480x640px
Since the last thread got archived and OP is a huge faggot, legendaries thread, post your favorite legendary and the set you use it with.

Adamant with life orb
-Leaf blade
-Close combat
-Rock slide
-Swords dance

It isn't the best thing ever, but she can put in some work, and it's a lot of fun to use
>>
You're a garbage player if that's what you complain about. Here's my favorite Tapu Koko set

Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, Discharge, Protect with Fairy Z
>>
it's just another mass of pixels with a bunch of stats and values assigned to it. stop bitching about it and play the fucking game
>>
Bad player complaining is bad and complaining
>>
File: 32504213_p0.png (9KB, 137x172px) Image search: [Google]
32504213_p0.png
9KB, 137x172px
Fuck you too man
>>
I don't really mind fighting Tapu Koko anymore because Muk knocks it out with one hit.
>>
>>31796197
Can I insert a vibrator into my ass instead?
>>
File: 1485640867406s.jpg (3KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
1485640867406s.jpg
3KB, 125x119px
>>31796231
>Casual shitters not running a team with only legendaries
>>
>>31797729
it is in fact the contrary

competitive players will generally use whatever mons are good and fit their team / playstyle, which may or may not include legendaries

casual shitters use in-game team trash like starters and are adverse to using legendaries because it feels like "cheating" in-game where you rarely have quick and easy access to anything optimal
>>
File: 1487202108079.png (399KB, 460x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487202108079.png
399KB, 460x640px
>>31797729
>>
GF must make a mode where every single legendary is banned.

Nowadays over half members of a team are legendaries.
>>
Tapu Koko is a problem, but Garchomp is ok. Ok anon
>>
>>31798571
>This shit again
Your right, we really need to ban Articuno, meloetta and regigigas asap, our poor Pseudos and megas are getting fucked by them so bad
>>
>>31798571
A mode with only Greninja, Garchomp, Aegislash and Megazard Y wrecking the halls.

A mode where Alola-wak has lost its purpose.
>>
OP's idea has merit. Yes, it's true, "legendary" is a blurry category; there are plenty of weak legendaries and plenty of overpowered regular Pokemon. That's not the point though. Just like how it's a no-brainer that box legends are banned because their BST puts them into auto-win territory, legendaries should be banned as a general rule. If you want to use 6 pseudos? Go ahead. Fair game. The difference is pseudos aren't literally handed to you on a platter like legendaries.

At the very least, tournaments should limit it to ONE legendary per team maximum, with no box legends, no ubers, etc. I'd rather lose to Mega Gengar or Speed Boost Blaziken than to Primal Groudon or Mega Fug. At least there's a sort of a fighting chance.
>>
>>31798884
This excuse has got to fucking stop
NO ONE USES THOSE SHITMONS ANYWAY
If you banned all legendaries, those guys would probably go UP in usage compared to now
The point of this discussion is that people want to balance Pokemon more; obviously with superpowered Pokemon with broken as shit terrain abilities or unique Moxies the game is going to centralize right the way up their asses
>>
File: 1478286814667.png (127KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478286814667.png
127KB, 500x500px
>>31799440
>If you banned all legendaries, those guys would probably go UP in usage compared to now
Do you understand bans? they would be banned too you fucking idiot.

And the point is you're generalizing like a goddamn dumbass. Most legendaries who aren't in Ubers aren't good, like virizion, kyurem and kyurem-B, cobalion, celebi, jirachi, mew, the regis, the lati@s, and any genie that starts with a T. Fuck off with your autism of thinking for some reason legendaries are better than normal, this shit happens every gen, it's called powercreep, last gen a shit ton of OP mons were gen 6 mons.
>>
>>31797573
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hydro Pump
It was only modest specs to 2HKO Bro, which was banned, but this thing hits like a fucking truck in UU. UU has so many fun mons it's insane
>>
>>31799991
>Do you understand bans? they would be banned too you fucking idiot.
YES YOU FUCKING RETARD
THATSTHEJOKE.JPG
I was making a point about how Articuno's usage is 0
It's not like after the ban it'll be LESS than 0, is it?

>the rest of that post
Did you fucking read anything I said? I KNOW. I KNOW THAT. The point is, NO ONE USES SHIT LEGENDARIES. So if you ban "legendaries" as an umbrella term, it will still work because it's not like "poor Articuno" and "poor Virizion" will drop in usage - 0 people are using them anyway! They may as well not exist! Legendary users are using this excuse to justify using genies.
>>
>>31803586
The point of that argument is calling you out on your hypocrisy of crying of how all legendaries are broken and should be banned but at the same time acknowledging that there are legendaries that are total shitmons despite their legendary label.
>>
>>31797573
This was one I used to use a lot a few years ago in Black.

Registeel with a chesto berry
Rest
Iron defense
Calm mind
Flash cannon

Or Regirock with a heat rock
Dig
Fire punch
Stone edge
Sunny day
>>
>>31796278
I'd say Regigigas' suffering is more of a design problem
>>
>>31803618
How is it hypocrisy on my end? Okay, let me try and make it simple for you:

Let's pretend there's three legendaries.
>Overpowered auto-terrain setting mon with crazy coverage and unique type combination, used by 188 people
>Pretty middling attacker with good stats and speed but balanced, low defenses, used by 2 people
>Rock/Ice legendary with 30 speed, used by 0 people
By banning ALL of these, the only people who really lose out are those who would use the middling guy. But considering they would almost always lose to opponents using the OP guy, it serves to balance that metagame. There are plenty of other Pokemon to choose from and barring these so-caleld "equally legendary" Pokemon just circumvents the entire issue.

I don't know where you're seeing hypocrisy; that would only work if you thought I was literally every other post in this thread, which I'm not. I also never said "all legendaries are broken" - if anything I'm saying it's bad that SOME legendaries are broken and some are not, yet it's fair game to use either - therefore, no one uses the non-OP legendaries. By banning all legendaries (not in all formats, I'm not a killjoy) in standard competitive play solves all the issues with people using 2 genies, a mega and a Tapu always always ALWAYS winning against people using more sensibly balanced teams. The non-OP legendaries? They're not used anyway. Their usage will go from 0 to 0.
>>
>>31799440
The point he is making is that Legendaries are not inherently better of inherently worse than normal mons. Anyone arguing that any legendary or genies or whatever are broken, they're retarded and know nothing about the game.
>>
>>31803850
>play solves all the issues with people using 2 genies, a mega and a Tapu always always ALWAYS winning against people using more sensibly balanced teams
You are fucking retarded. If they have a sensible, balanced team then they're taking into account big threats in the metagame. Don't talk when the highest you've reached in ladder is 1200.
>>
>>31797573
I remember in GEN V when I used her work up set:
work up
close combat
HP ICE
giga drain

so fun to use.
>>
File: wink.jpg (35KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
wink.jpg
35KB, 500x590px
>>31799440
>If you ban it, it's usage goes up

Put me in the screencap please
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.