[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>main story, spinoffs, anime, manga, and tcg are all about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1435520357377 (1).jpg (88KB, 677x583px) Image search: [Google]
1435520357377 (1).jpg
88KB, 677x583px
>main story, spinoffs, anime, manga, and tcg are all about singles
>doubles is the official competitive format
>>
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>31787108
>>>>>>>>>official format
It's just the only format they hold tournaments with. Play whatever format you want to.
>>
vgc only started half way through the franchise
>>
>>31787108
i'd be down for a gen that focused exclusively on doubles

like how you got an espeon and umbreon in those gamecube games
>>
File: I_wonder.jpg (22KB, 240x237px) Image search: [Google]
I_wonder.jpg
22KB, 240x237px
>>31787108
The reason doubles is the main format is because it's overall more playable, approachable, and balanced than singles from a competitive standpoint. 3v3 singles is okay (Non legendary ubers like blaziken and mega salamence aren't broken in 3v3), but 6v6 singles is borderline unplayable (Stall, entry hazards, switching every other turn to predict the predictions that the opponent predicted) without ridiculous amounts of balancing by third parties i.e. smogon and you know how popular they are.

Any "official" format couldn't do any sort of smogon style bans (i.e. ban on merit instead of arbitrary labels like "legendary" or "mythical"), which 6v6 singles practically requires. They could, but it would cause a shitstorm due to many disagreeing with or feeling "alienated" by smogon, (citing stupid shit like "Why don't they just allow blaze blaziken or aegislash w/o kings shield") and the Game Freak wouldn't want to acknowledge them anyway, since they'd be admitting that they created an unbalanced mess. Because of this, and the fact that doubles are simply more fun to watch both from an analytical standpoint and a visual one (4 on screen > 2 on screen), doubles is the only metagame VGC will ever use.
>>
>>31787255
>blaziken and mega salamence aren't broken in 3v3
I thought they were even worse in 3v3?
>>
>>31787108
This...
>>31787123
But also this.
>>
>>31787108
>Pokemon generation 7
>STILL no 6v6 ladder
This shit is inexuseable
>>
Battle Royale should be the standard.
>>
>>31787622
My sibling from a different pair of parents.
>>
>>31787634
Didn't think anyone would agree with me there. I'd say it's the most entertaining format to play and watch.
>>
>>31787170
>>31787255
/thread
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.