[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we hate this game again? I'm currently replaying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Pokemon-X-Y.jpg (864KB, 3649x1607px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-X-Y.jpg
864KB, 3649x1607px
Why do we hate this game again? I'm currently replaying it now and holy shit I'm having an absolute blast! Maybe because honeymoon season of SM is over but I have newfound appreciation for these games!
>>
File: 1430712066177.jpg (56KB, 680x681px) Image search: [Google]
1430712066177.jpg
56KB, 680x681px
>>31787062
>>
>>31787062
They have their issues but before and after XY my interest in Pokemon (in general) was crazy big

After SM release my interest tanked down for the first time since gen 4 probably

One of the best things about XY is the crazy variety of Pokemon. You'll have big palette of various mons on every route pretty much till the victory road
>>
>>31787062
We had thread like this yesterday. Stop making these.
>>
>>31787062
>>31778185
>>
>>31787062
I'm pretty sure most of /vp/ liked them. The problem is that people are more vocal about which games they dislike than which games they like, so every game has more people saying they hate it than is actually representative.
>>
The only thing I really hated from XY was Team Flare.
>>
they're more fun to replay than SM that's for goddamn sure.
>>
>>31787062
It isn't bad but it is mediocre. After finishing it I remember talking to a friend about it saying how it was technically good but BW/BW2 was still better. I honestly can't remember anything about it other than the confusing as fuck Lumiose City and not being able to access the power plant.
>>
there is very little actual variation between generations
>>
I didn't like this game but i did like the waifus it brought in particular the fairy gym leader.
It's still the only pokemon game ive skipped other than bw2
>>
File: 1434235533860.jpg (437KB, 1508x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1434235533860.jpg
437KB, 1508x1493px
>>31787062
>!
>>
>>31787157
>I didn't like this game
>It's still the only pokemon game ive skipped other than bw2

No offense but how are you supposed to like it if you skipped it?
>>
>your starters can't use Mega Evolution
>you get second Kanto starters that can

I'm surprised the game didn't make you box or release your Kalos starter automatically.
>>
>>31787164
I just played it for 5 minutes before deciding to wait till the next gen to buy a pokemon game.
The starters didnt appeal to me nor did the region/pokemon.
Sm actually does something different to stand out from any other pokemon game ever.
Which xy as far as i know doesnt do.
If they had gone and made Z a third game i would be more inclined to play this gen. But alas no third game ever came out. Because of rushing to the next gen.
I just dont like gen 6 its just that way for me.
>>
>>31787221
Fair enough but honestly if i was to decide if i want to play Pokemon games judging just by the first 5 minutes i probably wouldnt play most of them (if any). But to each their own
>>
>>31787221

Sorry but I find this kinda stupid...You judge an entire game on 3 Pokemon? 3 Pokemon you DON'T have to use during the play through... Have you played the games at all?
Gen 6 had some of the best Pokemon, and they're hell of a lot better than the crappy Gen 7 Pokemon.
How do you know you won't like the game if you've only played it for 5 mins, which is literally the very start of the game? Give it a try.
>>
File: nihilego wp.jpg (595KB, 800x1350px) Image search: [Google]
nihilego wp.jpg
595KB, 800x1350px
>>31787317
Not even that guy but c'mon man. Gen 6 had some great stuff but that's no reason to say 7's were crappy. 7 has great stuff like Golisopod, Araquanid, Buzzwole, etc. I liked XY's stuff like Clawitzer and Noibat but I wish there were some more bug types.
>>
>>31787062
The story and characters are probably the worst of any Pokemon game, and it might be less fuh than B2W2, but it's definitely more enjoyable than SM for me.
>>
I'm not a contrarian jaded faggot like most of /vp/ and never hated XY

It's a very solid addition to the series and the sheer amount of small improvements and quality ofl life things it does moreso then normal in new gens combined with the fact it's had 6 gens of them alone puts it ahead of a lot of the series. I also really enjoyed how much pokemon it threw at you, you had a huge potential variety for team composition. While team flare is lame, Lysandere is one of the better villians in the franchise, the only reason most people don't realize this is it comes right off the heels of gen 5 and N.

It had serious potential for Z to be the best game in the franchise: If it added the frontier, de-causlaized it, and changed a few other things, it would have been easily.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.