[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any SOS success stories? I've been trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: a-skeleton-computer.jpg (959KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a-skeleton-computer.jpg
959KB, 1500x1000px
Anyone have any SOS success stories?

I've been trying to coax a Gengar out for the past two fucking hours.
>>
>get a good haunter
>ask someone in the wifi general to help you evolve it
wow that was hard
>>
File: Whis.png (674KB, 701x581px) Image search: [Google]
Whis.png
674KB, 701x581px
Why not just get a Haunter and trade?

Have you no friends, anon?
>>
I did one to find a Jangmo'o with Razor Claw. I found it after a 30-streak.

The first encounter I had after that was a Jangmo'o with a Razor Claw. At least I got a second Razor Claw.

I did it to find a Politoad too and ended finding a shiny Ledian, but no Politoad. After that, never again.
>>
>>31779142
it's faster without SOSing by having a dead butterfree first and a mon with thief second, then just using thief on jangmo-os you encounter

t. someone who used to trade weaviles for literally anything I wanted pre-bank
>>
>>31779097
Found a shiny Magnemite after a 5 pokemon chain. I wasn't even chaining for shinies, I was just looking for a Metal Coat
>>
File: 781656846.jpg (471KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
781656846.jpg
471KB, 1920x1080px
>>31779142
>>31779203
>people chain for items when Compound Eyes exist
>>
>>31779258
To be fair I WAS using Compound Eyes but I didn't know it didn't work with chained pokemon
>>
>>31779097
Ive caught 7 shinies through sos chains. Even Sandile, that pain in the ass. Killed 4 cast forms and 3 rough skin gabites for her. Worth.
>>
>>31779097
I got a shiny Dewpider and Hakamo-o
>>
>>31779186
Butterfree can't be dead in SM for compoundeyes to work. It gets shuffled to the back.
>>
Using SOS so far I've gotten Vanilish, Sligoo, Gabite, Jangmo-o with razor claw, and HA Eevee.

I really fucking hate the SOS system, and if I didn't need to use it to get pokes to complete my dex, I would never use it.
>>
>>31779097
>hunting for Castform/Goomy in the grass trial site
>end up with shiny Formantis
>go to route 17 to look there
>second encounter is a shiny Raticate
Cool shit especially since I spent like 10 hours looking for those assholes with no success. This was the night after I spent 3 hours trying to get Salamence all because I didn't feel like grinding Bagon...
Still took another few hours of SoSing before I got Castform and Goomy and then Vanillish like 3 days later.
>>31779142
I did this too but used Butterfree and Mimikyu both with thief. Ended up with 4 of them total since I had my thief Parasect too.
>>
>>31779097
No.
I tried to get a king's stone to evolve my slowpoke, but after chaining up to 30 i gave up since no slowbro was appearing and i heard it has only a 5% of having a king's stone.
Same with poliwag.
I've been also chaining pokemon at poni gauntlet for experience so i can evolve pokemon for the dex, i'm almost totally done with the dex and i've yet to find a shiny anything.
The sad part is that i'm doing all of this so i can get that shiny amulet and finally get my first shiny, but after i'm done with the dex i probably won't try chaining again because i'm already sick and tired of it
>>
>>31781699
>kings rock
>slowbro
why would anyone do this
just get one off a Hariyama, dingbat
don't forget compoundeyes
>>
>>31781699
Dude just sos chain for a shiny if it doesnt need egg moves. Ive gotten 7-8 shinies through that, with no amulet. After a long chain, it'll be just about confirmed to have good IV's
>>
File: fennel signs of life.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fennel signs of life.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>31779097
I fucking love SOS, it's the only chaining other than chain fishing that ever produced any shinies for me. Going for a shiny Bounsweet next.
>>
File: Bewear.jpg (890KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Bewear.jpg
890KB, 1500x2000px
Chaining is alright

Spent two days trying to get a black sludge from grimers though, that was painful
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.