[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Smogon's VGC leader/players abusing Showdown power to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

File: C4kBJXmVUAAXI5k.jpg (58KB, 815x675px) Image search: [Google]
C4kBJXmVUAAXI5k.jpg
58KB, 815x675px
>Smogon's VGC leader/players abusing Showdown power to IP check top players and scout their teams
wew
>>
Not surprised.
>>
>smogonfags will defend this
>>
I see nothing wrong.
>>
>>31769011
VGC is a shitshow, wasn't there some garbage about casters selling people player's teams?
>>
>>31769127
This isn't VGC, it's Smogon's take on VGC. They created a group when Nugget Bridge was hacked in order to gather as much people as possible to have more traffic into their forums and have the Smogon name high on the real tournaments.
>>
>>31769127
I don't think that was anything serious
>>
>>31769011
>Abuse power to check out other people's teams for cheating purposes
>All teams are the same anyways because VGC is shit
>>
>>31769600
ebin uninformed opinion, friend
>>
>>31769600
>constant evolving meta
>different techs being discovered all the time
>"same teams"
good shitpost
>>
>>31769623
>different techs being discovered all the time
Is this a Melee shitpost
>>
File: IMG_0341.jpg (45KB, 251x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0341.jpg
45KB, 251x626px
>>31769618
>>31769623
>Literally only 3 teams in the top 8 have at least one different mon
>And the only 1 out of those 3 has a mostly different team
>>
File: 12631365.jpg (26KB, 480x421px) Image search: [Google]
12631365.jpg
26KB, 480x421px
>>31769730
>actually using shit that's over a year old to prove a point about the vgc meta, which changes every single year

Keep embarrasing yourself, it's very entertaining.
>>
>>31769730
are you aware it's 2017?
>>
Why are people a-ok with people having access to their IP?

Why do these people even have those privileges? Unless these are the guys in charge of the server code?
>>
File: 1478789389031.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1478789389031.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>31769730
>Letting out you are baiting in your very first reply

Come the fuck on m8, my alarm clock is a better shiposter than you.
>>
>>31769796
Yes. I am Aware that it is 2000+17. It still doesn't change the fact that VGC post 2000+15+1 will have copy&paste teams, like they have always done.

The only difference now is that instead of Mega Mom+5 of the same extras like it was for Gen 6, now it's the best Tapu+5 of the same extras. And will only get more stale as time goes on.
>>
>>31769932
See >>31769618 and >>31769789
>>
File: dae.jpg (79KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
dae.jpg
79KB, 980x1040px
>>31769623
>tech
>>
>>31769932
Spotted the retard who only looks at cherrypicked team results
>>
>>31769932
>"I'm aware these teams are outdated. I'm going to post them anyway instead of actually current teams because I'm too busy swallowing dicks to have a proper argument."
>>
>>31769127
the team wasnt even anywhere close to wolfe's real team

smogon is just a bunch of casuals wishing they were good enough to be competitive
every game has them, like duelistgroundz for yugioh.
>>31769730
the only time <current year> is acceptable, retard. and besides that, sets/spreads are still different. also, how is 3 mons not mostly different? you seriously are retarded.
>>
>>31769956
what's funny anon, it's a common term
>>
>>31769963
It makes sense to go back on the last completed season for data instead of using incomplete data of the current season, especially since the rulesets are so much different and people are still experimenting with different teams. Once a standard is silently agreed upon it will be the only thing that shows up.
>>
File: IMG_0342.png (54KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0342.png
54KB, 500x534px
>>31769953
>*Show evidence and states basic knowledge about 1 subject*
>"Well you're just w-w-wrong anon. Y-y-you just don't know what you're talking about. Haha-ha you're dumb."
>*Inaudible damage control*

Classic Reddit response. Why don't you go back there and to Verlisify's channels? 4 Chan is 18+
>>
>>31770036
no it doesnt you fucking idiot
that doesnt work for any other game that exists and it sure as shit doesnt work for pokemon which has maybe 5% of all the used factors from the last competitive season

god just shut the fuck up, you've never played any game competitively.
>>
>>31770036
>people are still experimenting with different teams
The meta is well past that stage, did it ever occur to you that there's just lots of different strategies and team comps you can use this year?
>>
>>31770036
In a format such as this one, there is no standard, and probably there will never be one, because there are just that many viable options to answer for things raising in popularity. This isn't like 16 where there were clearly only a few options because of how stupidly powerful and easy to use they were.

It literally makes no sense to go look at past formats to say the current one is shit. Just because something happened once in a very shitty format, doesn't mean it will happen in every single one to follow. And before you bring CHALK like the good memer you are, let me tell you that: 1. It was the Japanese people that brought it specifically to shit on the Western meta and 2. They got lucky with the shitty tournament structure and managed to get to top cut that way; there were a bunch of "creative" teams that could've gotten there if it wasn't for that.

>>31770045
You've shown literally no knowledge on the VGC scene though. As I said, you were using old results to shit on the current meta, which is incredibly stupid and laughable. But continue shitposting, I'm sure it'll get you somewhere.
>>
>>31770074
>implying i follow vgc at all
i dont know what people run this but judging by last year, its the same cancerous shit
>>31770087
>the meta is well past that stage
can't find any meaningful data past december, and the meta sure as hell was still in that stage then
>>
>>31770112
>admit to not following VGC
Can you just shut the fuck up then?
>>
>>31770112
>assuming things because of the past year and admitting to not follow vgc

Oh dear.
>>
>>31770101
>Old Results
Those were from last year buddy. And the year before that had a similar "Same 5 Pokemon with 1 side". 2017 is looking to be the same with Tapu Koko+Pelipper+4 similar Mons.
>>
>>31770125
>>31770130
no, because the format is trash and last year proves it

ill consider following it if the problems of last year are fixed but theres not enough data
>>
>>31770147
>Pelipper
>that common
please stop
>>
>>31770147
Last year is already old, considering it's literally irrelevant for this format. And read my whole post because you already did what I predicted you would do, so I answered in advance. Also

>koko pelipper
>actually being this ignorant

You can stop now. The advantage of this being an anonymous site is that nobody will tell you fucked up after you drop the discussion. Use that to your advantage.
>>
>>31770169
>not enough data
dude, what?

All you need to know is that 2017 does not have Xerneas, primals, Megas and Dark Void Smeargle. 2016 was a rare one off format
>>
>>31770169
There is enough data if you actually did some research. No, Showdown usage statistics are not relevant data.
>>
>>31770195
Doesn't change the fact that something equally as cancerous can easily fill that void and become overly dominant. Especially with the new broken mons running around.
>>
>>31770224
>broken mons
define broken so I know whether or not you are just mad that outrage spam wasn't a viable strategy after gen 5
>>
Why does the VGC scene has some kind of drama every week? Seriously, there's a shitfest of some kind all the time and there's a new one happening when the last one has not even finished blowing up. How the fuck can these faggots cause so much drama by playing fucking Pokemon? Even the FGC is not such a shitfest.
>>
>>31770224
Yet it still hasn't, even when last year Big 6 was discovered in December. There are no broken mons at the moment, either, unless you consider glue mons like Arcanine and Garchomp (which are picked to deal with meta trends) as broken.
>>
>>31770112
bitch I didnt imply you follow VGC
I said you've NEVER played ANYTHING competitively

I said you're as casual and as utterly trash as can be, and have absolutely no authority to have your "analysis" of any metagame or any game theory to ever be considered, on ANYTHING, EVER.

You have never played ANY game with the sole intention of winning. It's so fucking common of your complete lack of any game sense. It's a skill you carry from game to game you fucking idiot. GTFO the internet.
>>31770147
Pelipper isn't centralizing. It's mostly...
Koko+Chomp (fairy dragon steel)
Arcanine+Fini+Kartana (fire water grass)
Pelipper+Duck (rain)
Trick Room (lots of variants, sun, araquanid, oranguru, mimikyu, porygon, gigalith, and more.)
PorygonZ+Koko (Z Convert TBolt)

And of course Lele gets splashed wherever.
>>
>>31770242
you clearly know nothing about FGC if you honestly believe that
>>
>>31770240
tapus + ubs

not really broken on their own but doubles tends to amplify the strengths of already powerful mons
>>
>>31770250
>I said you've NEVER played ANYTHING competitively

>implying "copy + paste team simulator" is a competitive game

LUL
>>
Oh boy

It's time for yet another /vp/ talking about competitive when they suck ass at competitive and /vp/ talking about formats they don't play at all and /vp/ cherrypicking top cuts to make a format look bad episode
>>
>>31770242
>Even the FGC is not such a shitfest
Marn literally killing Guilty Gear in the west is a bigger shitfest than anything VGC could hope to do.
>>
>>31770263
No? It's actually the contrary to that. Why do you think a shit ton of people aren't running Pheromosa since "it's so broken"? Because, guess what, there arer TWO Pokemon on the opposing field, so they can double target it either directly (single target attacks) or indirectly (double target attacks). None of the Tapus or the UBs are broken, despite their stats being so good on paper.
>>
>>31770299
>T-They aren't broken you just have to carry at least one per team yes or yes
I bet you are the same type of people who says Landorus-T is cancer because it has 40% usage in Singles but turn your head the other side when the same thing is spoken about a Pokemon in VGC.
>>
>>31770263
Kartana is the closest UB to be being "Broken" and even then it's not exactly overpowered.
>>
File: FuTVCykc_400x400.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
FuTVCykc_400x400.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>vgc
>>
>>31770284
I miss Pokemon General
>>
>>31770311
When did I even say that? Also, no, you don't need to carry them at all. People have won tournaments using teams consisting of only breedable Pokemon, but of course you don't know this.
>>
File: Untitled.png (21KB, 471x506px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
21KB, 471x506px
>VGC is balanced guys!
>Just look at these healthy usage stats! There's more variety than Smogon Singles!
>>
>>31770330
So do I anon. Good times that will never return.
>>
>>31770337
>Arcanine at 60%
Is burnup Arcanine really that good?
>>
>>31770337
congrats you finally cherrypicked one
>>
>>31770279
bitch I dont just mean pokemon
I mean any game you fucking idiot
even starcraft
even poker
even chess

you have never once bothered to learn how to play any games, because you're fucking garbage and you know it.
>>
>>31770352
Intimidate + being the only good fire type allowed in the whole format does that.
>>
>>31770363
>Cherrypicked
Those are objective usage stats lad. How exactly are those cherrypicked?
>>
>>31770369
More reason for me to run my Competitive milotic next week
>>
>>31770383
Best not be Adrenaline Orb, Anon
>>
>>31770367
>even starcraft
>implying im korean

>even poker
>implying gambling requires skill

>even chess
>implying anyone over the age of 18 plays chess
>>
>>31770383
People are running Z-Wild Charge to deal with bulky waters.
>>
>>31770383
Thanks for the free boost for my Kartana :^)
>>
>>31770337
>genwun jack of all trades topping all those legendaries and pseudo cancer with min maxed stat spreads
I'm proud
>>
>>31770352
burnup?
no.
he's used for intimidate, while having excellent type coverage, and being unpredictable, very nice to have in singles. he could either be snarl, or physical. gyarados is also popular, and does more damage after a dd, but isnt very good without the z move, and is shut out by koko more easily than arcanine.
>>31770389
I see schools out. Arent your tendies done? Your spam is cluttering the board.
>>
>>31770375
>ladder stats suddenly matter when tournaments have varied results
>>
>>31770397
>Arcanine doesn't have 8 moveslots
How am I supposed to run my Flare Blitz/Snarl/Will-O-Wisp/Roar/Morning Sun/Extremespeed/Wild Charge/Protect set?
>>
>>31770383
what is tapu koko
>>
>>31770397
He's just that good. He can run support, bulky sets to cripple the opponent, can run full offense with either physical or special attacks to good sucess, can be a hybrid, can be used to stop Trick Room, scare away shit like Celesteela, INTIMIDATE, etc.

I love this fluffy dog.
>>
>>31770405
they were done about 30 mins ago but i was busy timing out this scrub in battlespot doubles :^)
>>
>>31770397
>it's okay when arcanine does it!
arcaninefags everyone
>>
>>31770411
in a set of 1, he practically does have 8 move slots, for all your opponent knows.
>>
>>31770408
Do tournaments magically not have people running Arcanine, Garchomp, Tapus, Kartana and what-not or something?
>>
>>31770424
If a Pokemon they like is good then it's okay, if it is a Pokemon they don't like then it is the cancer killing the metagame. /vp/ is full of hypocrites. More at eleven.
>>
>>31770431
People use online ladders to test theory. It doesn't necessarily dictate what they will run when money is on the line. There is a good co-relation, but it's not something set in stone.
>>
>>31770441
>/vp/ is one person

That is indeed some very interesting news.
>>
>>31770242

>best players are teenagers
>"Why are the best players starting shit all the time for no reason?"
>>
>>31770330
>>31770350
>people who remember Pokemon General and remember it fondly
I thought I was the last one left.
>>
>>31770431
>People use online ladders to test theory.
This so much, I wouldn't even trust Showdown to actually practice with because it has so many bugs and quirks about it that don't even reflect the game properly.

It's mostly good for kicking a team together and seeing if you forgot something about it but ultimately you need to breed that shit and use it online to see if it actually works.
>>
>>31770284
>Make it look bad
Hun, it is already makes itself look bad.
>>
>>31770431
Yeah, most teams will have a few Pseudos, Tapus, UBs, Arcanine and Porygon2. But you'd struggle to find a good team which is just six of the top ten used Pokémon. Usage stats don't mean that it's all you need to worry about. The anti-meta in 2017 is very strong.
>>
>>31771821
>because it has so many bugs and quirks about it
What bugs exactly?
I'v been playing on Showdown since mid-late Gen 5, and I've only witnessed 1 mechanical glitch (I'v seen a bunch of issues with New OM bans, as in sometimes seeing Ubermons in them, but only early on)

Said Glitch was also in the OM Hackmons and was a visual glitch when I Mega Evolved with Illusion.
>>
>>31770397
That's only because it's the best intimidate user for this meta and there's mostly no reason to run a different one, if there wasn't a variety of Tapus/UBs to choose from it would be reflected in Arcanine not having the highest usage %.
>>
>>31769967
>how is 3 mons not mostly different
Because 3 !> 6/2.
>>
>>31770337
>Almost 85% of VGC Matches include at least 1 Arcanine.
>>
File: 1752298381263.png (217KB, 410x270px) Image search: [Google]
1752298381263.png
217KB, 410x270px
reminder to not listen the smogon apologists
mostly poor ignorant people who can't afford a 3ds or even get some time to learn the official metagame and not just slap some no item clause stall or volt turn meme team in a whimsical and opinion based fanmade meta
it's a normal thing for some being jealous or hateful against successful people who win actual prizes in front of a big public instead of a pixel badge on some irrelevant forum
those are also the same people who try so hard they end to be attached to some smogon shill youtubers in a maniacal way even thinking their beloved streamers win solely because of the support they give to them
>>
>>31772378
Don't forget that they allow Bounce Gyarados despite it not being legal for tournaments or Battle Spot.
>>
>>31771885
I can't quite remember the specifics but I've seen a few when it comes to the order of recoil effects and how it effects wins, it sometimes registers it wrong and awards the win to the wrong person.

There is also timeout rules, they haven't ever bothered changing them in over 3 gens so Showdown is a lot more lenient on time for making moves, there is also the matter of how it treats timeouts compared to the game.

And then an actual glitch I've seen occasionally is the UI messing up on a few occasions when there is a hiccup in the connection causing moves to not register properly.

Mind you straight up ability/move glitches there were a lot earlier on like Z-Rock Slide randomly targeting things, Emergency Exit activating before Sitrus etc. but they've mostly been ironed out.

>btw I'm retarded
Reposting because I just realized I missed one despite not noticing. Emergency Exit does not work properly and acts completely different from the game on Showdown. So yeah it's not fixed.

>>31772397
They always fuck up the ruleset somehow and it always takes forever to fix.

Like I remember Skill Swap just being straight up banned on the VGC ladder at some point. Sure it isn't relevant in the current meta but it's still a pretty weird thing to screw up.

Intimiate Incineroar was also allowed for a while.
>>
>>31772445
And once Bank came out, Earth Power Gastrodon and similar stuff was allowed. Not sure if it got fixed already though.
>>
I love how the smogonfags try to divert the discussion towards "muh pokeyman choices!" when the real topic was that a big name abused admin powers to stalk a top player's alt account. And was dumb enough to post it on social media.

Switchfags will never change, eh? I hope you turds choke on your stealth rocks and Landorus will fuck your ass until the day you all die.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.