[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could someone help explain the logic to the distribution of normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Purugly.png (67KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Purugly.png
67KB, 250x250px
Could someone help explain the logic to the distribution of normal typing?
A lot of normal types are based on real world animals but a lot of Pokemon based on real world animals aren't normal type.
For example why is Wigglytuff fairy/normal but Granbull is pure fairy?
>>
>>31768370
The special side of normal is voice related.

Pyroar got a secondary Normal typing because it roars and shit. Jigglypuff and Meloetta sing. Granbull doesn't use voice at all to attack. It's also the reason Hyper Voice, Boomburst, Sing, etc are Normal.

Physical normal - melee attacks with body parts
Special normal - voice (hyper voice, pyroar, jigglypuff) or speed (swift, razor wind, heliolisk)
>>
What about the likes of Drampa and Girafarig?
>>
>>31768526

Eugh, responded to the wrong fucking post. Was meant for >>31768409
>>
>>31768526
Dragon and psychic are energy types. they don't mean literal psychics and dragons, rather the type of energy power they have. This is why A-Eggsecutor is a dragon and charizard isn't.

Drampa is a normal pokemon with dragonic energy, girafarig is a normal pokemon with psychic energy.
>>
>For example why is Wigglytuff fairy/normal but Granbull is pure fairy?

STAB Hyper Voice
>>
>>31768526
Girafarig is only "sort of Psychic" because it has an extra brain, but the extra brain isn't capable of thinking.

Drampa's typing is just meant to highlight its chimeric design of old man + dragon, I think.
>>
>>31768370
I really wish Purugly was normal/dark.
>>
I want purugly to sit on my face
>>
>>31768526
Drampa is Old shouting dragon.
>>
>>31768370
It's Ironic how Normal is probably the least normal type out there, at least when it comes to defensive typing.

The difference between Normal moves and other Moves is that they are the vanilla of variations.

Like Mega Kick/Headbutt are just a hard hitting kicks/head butts, while High Jump Kick adds martial arts and Iron head is using some biological mechanic that makes your head hard.

My guess defensively for what defines a Normal type is how vanilla the Pokémon is compared to its real life concept/animal (As long as the concept/animal isn't heavily based on other closer types).

So like Heliolisk is Normal/Electric because it's a vanilla reptile with added electricity. And Manetric is Pure Electric because the electricity has become more prominent than what animal it's based on.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.