[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck is this allowed in the year of our Lord two thousand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: why.png (2MB, 1180x2072px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
2MB, 1180x2072px
How the fuck is this allowed in the year of our Lord two thousand and fifteen plus two?
>>
what makes it worse is that it's not another area that needs to be loaded
>>
>>31764198
>gamefreak is talentless shit that is putting no effort into a franchise that is skating by on the dollars of 25 year old manchildren who treat any criticism as blasphemy
Is this news to you?
>>
Animating gates is hard.
>>
>>31764231
I don't know if that's fair.

Say what you will, but gamefreak made a lot a risky changes.innovation in SuMo. I personally don't like the Island challenge, the subpar graphics, and about 75% of the Alonlan forms, but gf wasn't lazy
>>
>>31764231
they did put in effort this time
they put effort into a stupid gate that has no reason to do what it does in op's picture
>>
File: 1486776804057.jpg (111KB, 800x558px) Image search: [Google]
1486776804057.jpg
111KB, 800x558px
>>
>>31764268
Well, sure. Not lazy. Just incompetent.
>>
>>31764298
This
>>
>>31764317
or lazy and incompetent
>>
>>31764198
Because Gamefreak don't care about imersion.
>>
Because the game has to load the pokemon encounters?
>>
>>31764482
No it doesn't. Using the walk through walls cheat reveals that nothing is loaded or unloaded and skipping gates works perfectly fine.
>>
No one knows, and no one will never know. That's the worst part. They'll never tell us why.
>>
>>31764677
That's amazing, GF's incompetence is off the charts
>>
>>31764198
The answer is difference
>>
>>31765453
The fact that they took effort to actually program this in is even more astounding.
>>
>>31764268
What were the 4.5 alolan forms you liked.
>>
>gamefreak being lazy AND incompetent as usual
This is why we need a new set of devs, because they can't optimise for shit. Fuck, RG took over half a decade to get from conception to release, and Iwata had to bail their arses out during the development of GS when they maxed out the GB cart space with an incomplete Johto.
>>
>>31765566
and also that weird transition to 3rd gen, what with being unable to transfer your 2nd gen bros over
or was that ninty's fault?
>>
>>31765618
Too many differences in the data structure. Things like IVs, personality values, the inability of communication between GBC and GBA games, it goes on.
>>
>>31765532
Vulpix, Nintails, Marowak, and Diglett
>>
File: confused nigga.jpg (22KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
confused nigga.jpg
22KB, 600x512px
>>31764198
what's the big deal?
>>
>>31767485
It's tedious, irritating and entirely unnecessary. The transition is so glaringly out of place and it wasn't needed.
>>
>>31767485
There's a loading zone for almost everything you go through, even those that look like they wouldn't need one.
Same applies to the end of roadblock cutscenes, where instead of your character taking a few steps back you get another loading zone and you're now a few feet away from the cutscene trigger.
>>
>>31767491
yeah but it's like what, 1 second? like seriously
>>
Didn't XY have a few gates that opened normally or automatically without having to load anything? Why the step back?
>>
>>31767495
DO you not get context? It's one second, but everywhere. These loading screens are all over, and break the pace constantly. What do you gain from trying to explain away inconveniences?
>>
It's perfectly simple. The Pokémon team is afraid of camera angles. They're not used to doing true 3D, so they use loading transitions to re-angle the camera.
>>
>>31767967
I do, yeah. I just don't see what's so big about this
>>
>>31767494
>>31767967

this is all reminding me of something...
>>
>>31768027
wew, makes sense
>>
>>31768042
except this is pokemon Sun and/or Moon, not Sonic' 06.

That shit was broken.
>>
>>31768027
Nope. If you clip through the fences, the camera angle changes properly.
What did happen, however, is that GF is too incompetent to animate you opening a fence.
>>
>>31764198
They probably didn't want to have issues with pokérides. If the gate opened realistically, you would probably had had overlaping meshes during the animations or stuff that shouldn't have been able to go through it. But I guess they could have just fixed that by forcing you to get off before going through.
>>
>>31768071
1 to 2 seconds would be lost, regardless of that black screen happening or not.
>>
I wonder though, do any of you guys nitpick other game series's minute stuff such as this? It seems I only see Pokémon fans care this much about consistency.
>>
>>31767485
Same reason how transition loading screens ruined the immersion for me in ORAS.

While in RSE every area smoothly moved on to the next. The world felt more open.
>>
>>31768090
It mostly happens with game series. The prequels set a base for the expectations of the next game, and, especially with Pokémon, due to them being so formulaïc, it's easy to dwell on the tiny things, because everything else is basically the same.
>>
>>31768090
If you consider this too be excessive nitpicking then you only play pokemon or are new to the internet. There have been fanbases far more entitled then the pokemon one
>>
>>31768030
People complained about it in ORAS too. Even if it's not "big" to you, its certainly a valid thing to have a problem with.

>>31768090
what do other games have to do with this?
>>
No full 3d still strikes me as the most unforgivable.
I know /vp/ loves to brush it under the rug but with games like Yokai Watch having full 3d, and VR becoming more and more of a prominent thing, you would think Gamefreak would try to bridge the gap.
Yeah yeah, performance issues. Just divide the excessive poly count on those in-battle sprites and you're fine for battle. There's literally no excuse for no world map 3d though.
>>
>>31768090
Pokemon should consider itself lucky.
Lately I've flat out stopped buying/playing games that take enough strikes. I didn't even bother with Federation Forces and I've played through every other Metroid. Even Pinball.
>>
Should I buy X or Omega R/Alphs S?
>>
>>31768066
and SM isn't?

what about all the glitches and inaccessible areas?
>>
>>31768299
>glitches
What glitches? The ones caused by idiots messing with their game?
>>
>>31768299
I didn't ecounter a shit in my playthrough, and the "inaccesible areas" are a new thing for me you will probably wouldn't share with me, so why should i care?
>>
>>31768289
Have you played Emerald? If yes go for XY, if no go for ORAS
>>
>>31764268
>Say what you will, but gamefreak made a lot a risky changes.innovation in SuMo.
Except they didn't at all.
You could make a stretch to the island challenge but at most that was a name reshuffle.
>>
>>31767494
There's literally a loading zone for no reason in one area of the game according to tcrf.
>>
>>31768299
the fundamental difference is that sun/moon is actually a game you can play and potentially even enjoy
>>
>>31764198
>boot oras to fill bank's national dex
>keep pressing a before going in doors
>>
>>31764231
The people gf actually aims to that arent kids will criticize literally any aspect of a new game they make regardless of whether its a valid critic so they still should care about quality.

Outside of the ocasional bone, gf doesnt care about the people you mentioned.
>>
Same thing with ORAS' black screens between routes when the GBA games didn't have anything like that. Same thing with the gates in DP and BW. Game Freak is extremely incompetent and can't into loading areas when companies like Square put them to shame with huge fucking open worlds in games like Dragon Quest VIII for 3DS.
>>
>>31768523
Why is this such a big deal? You're treating a mildy annoying transition as a incompetence.
>>
>>31768332
>Pelago glitch
>Level up move glitch
>Z Parting shot/Memento glitch
>Rocky Helmet glitch
>QR friendly glitch
>Legit mon being deemed illegal like cross gen evos that originated in RBY
I've heard about an issue where the collision detection can shift over too.

Sun and Moon are by far the least stable Pokemon games since gen 1 and 2.
>>
>>31768523
>Same thing with ORAS' black screens
It really isn't, with ORAS those load zones were necessary to load in the assets of the next area and were used when needed. In Sun and Moon they're all over the place and large majority of them have no purpose when the assets in the area were already there to begin with.

As for DQ you can't really compare the two overworlds either. DQ8 had to reduce the overworld assets from the PS2 versions and make lower poly models for it to work on the 3DS.

Think before you post Mr. Two Genders.
>>
>>31768651
>make lower poly models for it to work on the 3DS.
You can DO that??
>>
>>31768815
Gamefreak can't.
Everyone else can.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.