[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So help me remember which ranger game was which. Also rank them.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: Pokémon_Ranger_Coverart.png (116KB, 256x230px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_Ranger_Coverart.png
116KB, 256x230px
So help me remember which ranger game was which. Also rank them.
So Pokémon Ranger thread I guess
>>
Shadows of Almia a best
>>
Almia was way better than the first game. Never played the third.
>>
Almia is my favorite ranger game, The one you posted was great as well. Got me into the series. It was a nice game from the main games. Never played Guardian Signs but I don't think I want to
>>
Overall I'd probably say Almia>Signs>Ranger. Signs had some neat concepts and I like it, but I remember liking Almia more for it's story and region. Just have a lot more fonder memories of it over Signs, I guess.

As for Ranger 1, it's alright. Though I remember it being pretty frustrating mainly because of the capture mechanic (Which Almia improved on massively, thank god) and other small details it was alright. You have to start somewhere, and I still have a few memorable moments from it.
>>
File: XY11_EN_113.png (139KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY11_EN_113.png
139KB, 245x342px
>>31763546
>Shadows of Almia > First Ranger Game> Guardian Signs.
The first one was fun. Almia was much better and was even more fun. And then Guardian Signs was just boring and uninteresting.
>>
i played the first one and i want to play the other 2, but i'm pretty sure i'm gonna end up fucking up my 3ds screen, i will totally play them when i have cash to upgrade my O3ds for a new3ds tho.
>>
File: 1464363094541.png (64KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1464363094541.png
64KB, 316x202px
>What's this? You no care about Keith? You not good friend?
>>
I really liked 1 and 2 as a kid. Played Guardian Signs for the first time in late 2015 and didn't think much of it.

My gut feeling tells me 1 and 2 probably don't hold up but i can't say for sure since it's been so long since i last played them.
>>
I played the first one and the thing where the Counter resets when you release the mon is a little annoying, especially if you're dealing with Charizard for the first time.

Chasing the fucker all over the place was pretty annoying to start with.
>>
>>31763546
One of those mons is not like the other hint: it's charizard
I remember liking the first one and the second one about equally, but I haven't played either in years. Never got around to the third one, and based on this thread it doesn't seem like I missed much. Still have a manaphy from the first game, too.
>>
Fuck you guys, Guardian Signs was good.
The Pinchers were way better than "Team Dim Sum" and the school shit in Almia was unnecessary. I prefer the past missions in Guardian Signs to going through that.
Also FIELD MOVES UP THE ASS in Almia.
>>
Shadows of Almia>Guardian Signs>Original
Shadows of Almia having the school and on the job section really made it interesting. Region was interesting as well. Guardian Signs is like Alola in that it's too rural. Island region and everything. Moreover, guardian signs played up on the gen 2 and 1 legends, so I wasn't as interested. There wasn't as much shiny new paint. Rangers was fun, but fuck steelix and charizard.
Also, rip ds screens.
>>
>>31764779
C'mon dude, they're the 4 trials you had to face
>>
>>31764829
I remember that much (especially flygon zipping around). The punchline was that charizard isn't a dragon type.
>>
>>31763546
Ranger was the one where you had to capture Pokemon in one continuous circle. If you took your stylus off the screen then you had to start again.

Shadows of Almia was the one with the school and the Ranger Union.

Guardian Signs was the one with flying and riding the legendary beasts.

I personally thought Guardian Signs > Shadows of Almia > Ranger.
>>
Guardian Signs > Shadows of Almia > Original
>>
Anyone that shits on guardian signs didn't play it or is someone that's unironically swayed by which pokemon they used as if it makes a difference in ranger.
>>
File: 2 vs 3.png (441KB, 811x297px) Image search: [Google]
2 vs 3.png
441KB, 811x297px
>>31764407
What do you think?
>>
File: 2 vs 3 pt2.png (52KB, 512x192px) Image search: [Google]
2 vs 3 pt2.png
52KB, 512x192px
>>31764407
Better comparison here even.
>>
File: 2 vs 3 pt3.png (58KB, 512x192px) Image search: [Google]
2 vs 3 pt3.png
58KB, 512x192px
>>31765118
cont
>>
File: 2 vs 3 pt4.png (65KB, 512x192px) Image search: [Google]
2 vs 3 pt4.png
65KB, 512x192px
>>31765147
and more
>>
File: 2 vs 3 pt5.png (50KB, 512x192px) Image search: [Google]
2 vs 3 pt5.png
50KB, 512x192px
>>31765178
and last one just for good measure

Keep in mind all three ranger games were on the same system. No excuses for almia here.
>>
I haven't played Guardian Signs yet. My cartridge for it is legit and "works", but the old owner must've treated it like shit since it only reads half the time and cuts off regularly. It makes trying to get into it a pain.

Of the first two I like the original more, the core gameplay generally felt more pick-up and well-tuned, it also was the only one which had HAL work on it and it generally feels like there was more love and care put into the game and I think there's a connection between those two things.

Almia is alright but the way enemy HP works allows for way looser design on enemies, there're more just plain bullshit attacks because the devs figured you can just continue from where you left off. The more RPG elements are neat though with the Styler upgrades, as well as being able to choose your partner.
>>
Guardian Signs is god tier
I really like how they revamped the whole shitty pokeassist system and made it so that you can you the actual pokemon to attack foe pokemon
Also, it has actual multiplayer and being able to actually ride flying pokemon up the sky was really fucking neat
Shadows of Almia was fucking ass
The bosses were piss easy (besides Spiritomb) and the story was a clusterfuck
Also, FIELD MOVES UP THE FUCKING ASS
Even the first game was beter than Almia
Guardian Signs>Pokemon Ranger>Shadows of Almia
>>
>>31765093
>>31765118
>>31765147
>>31765178
>>31765188
Which one is supposed to look better/
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.