[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Most wild pokemon are kanto >Incredibly low chance you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: Sun And Moon.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Sun And Moon.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
>Most wild pokemon are kanto
>Incredibly low chance you find any new pokemon
>Some newer pokemon are basically remade versions of kanto pokemon
>No good places to grind
So tell me, why do we love Heart Gold and Soul Silver so much?
Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1486863866962-vp.jpg (307KB, 792x916px) Image search: [Google]
1486863866962-vp.jpg
307KB, 792x916px
>>31762597
Tbh, all this region gave us was Mimikyu and the concept of regional variations, which could have been executed much better.
>>
>>31762597
>>Some newer pokemon are basically remade versions of kanto pokemon
explain
>>
>>31762773
>all the baby pokemon
>Kingdra
>Blissey
>Scizor
>Crobat
>Steelix
Still more
>>
>>31762756
Why are you talking about Alola this is clearly an HGSS thread
>>
>>31762787
HG thread?
>>
>>31762597
I had a chuckle.
>>
File: daily dose.png (198KB, 461x643px) Image search: [Google]
daily dose.png
198KB, 461x643px
>>31762799
Genie of healthy doses
>>
>>31762786
>implying crossgen evos count as "remaking" a pokemon
I thought you meant shit like Gothitelle that was basically just Unovan Gardevoir.
>>
>>31762832
thanks doc
>>
One thing that pisses me off so much about these games is how most of the gym leaders don't even use Generation 2 pokemon
You're gonna make brand new pokemon and not have certain major NPC's using them
>>
>>31762871
That was one thing I was hoping the remakes would do. Rather than just update the graphics I was hoping they'd rebalance the game.
>>
>>31762871
I'm guessing they realized halfway through that most Gen 2 Pokemon are shit.
>>
>>31762597
We hate S&M
>>
>>31764459
I like s, not too much into the m part.
>>
because it actually has a fun post game.
>>
>>31764504
>red
>copypasted frontier
ebin post game
>>
File: 1405544129786.gif (266KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1405544129786.gif
266KB, 420x315px
>>31762597
>>
>>31765015
>Le clapping mens
>>
>>31764845
I fucking wish it had copypasted frontier
battle tree is fucking awful
>>
>No good places to grind
>grind

Who grinds in a children's game? Holy moly.
>>
File: 1480788357947.png (82KB, 320x353px) Image search: [Google]
1480788357947.png
82KB, 320x353px
>>31765090

I actually love how much they increased the difficulty of the Battle Tree relative to the Tower/Maison.

...Which certainly doesn't mean I wouldn't have preferred them put in the full Frontier, while maintaining said difficulty increase. Pray for Frontier in Stars. But we've all read that fucking bullshit that GF dev said about "modern gamers not having the time/effort" to put into post-game content because of mobile phone games.

>>31762597

The fuck? This is also a problem in HGSS, way too many kanto shitters everywhere. And even when there are gen 2 Pokemon, it's mostly early-shitters as well, most of the legit gen 2 are behind low encounter rates.

Go try to catch a Yanma in HGSS. Oh wait, it has a fucking 1% encounter rate on a single route. Sure is easy to cherrypick examples eh?

Are you whining about Alolan Formes? Because they're actually a great idea, and every single one improved upon the originals- and mainly because the original Pokemon were bland as fuck. I hate Geodude and Persian's new look- but they're still better than their original uninspired designs; really says a lot about how shit some gen I Pokemon are. The only failure about Alolan Formes is how few they made.

>No good places to grind

The fuck? Gen 2 had the worst level curve of all the generations, and HGSS didn't even fix it either. They left out the Sevii Islands from FRed/LGreen which could have partially alleviated it.

Sun/Moon has it's flaws without a doubt, but bring some legitimate fucking arguments. "Muh cherrypicked nostalgia" is your argument. Case dismissed.
>>
Half of the Johto mons were supposed to be in red/blue/green/yellow anyway.
>>
>>31762597
>So tell me, why do we love Heart Gold and Soul Silver so much?
I don't. I'd rather play the original GS than the remakes.
>>
>In playing Gold and Heart Gold, literally only Johtomon in my team was the starter
>In playing Moon, my ENTIRE team was Alolamons without even trying

Knew something wasn't gonna be right from the start desu
>>
>>31765375
I don't think you understood the OP at all famalam
>>
File: 1486973364222.png (190KB, 580x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486973364222.png
190KB, 580x480px
>>31762799
Cursed image
>>
>>31762597
Because it was fun and the postgame content kept me entertained whilst posing a challenge. The gimmicks were enjoyable without affecting the gameplay and the walking pokémon feature was cute.
>>
>>31762597
Is it weird that HGSS and SM are my least favourite games, mainly due to grinding issues amongst the many problems I have with them?
>>
>>31762871

>Clair had three Dragonair before, we better change one to Gyarados so it's less redundant
>Morty's Gym doesn't use Misdreavus at all, let's not change that because having the Gastly line for an entire Gym is clearly fine

Archer and Ariana are literally the only Team Rocket members to use Johto Pokemon either.
>>
File: 1472742288334.gif (520KB, 302x270px) Image search: [Google]
1472742288334.gif
520KB, 302x270px
>>31765718
>Archer uses a physical Houndoom
>>
No legit place to grind? Easy, just use the Pokepelago level exploit
>>
>>31762597
That's wrong though, Johto mons are mostly well distributed in the places they appear (except for the few exclusives to Kanto maybe). And since 1/3 of the generation are babies/cross-gen evos, it's normal that they aren't a lot of them.
Also, the region is just next to Kanto, so it seems logical to find the same species in both regions.

Now explain me why Kanto mons are so prominent in Alola and why here new mons have 1% rarities, or only available through obscure ways (hi Mareanie)

Which ones? The starters? The cross-gen evos? Also each gen have regional birds, regional rodent and shit like that and no one bats an eye.
And Unova dex had more 'basically remade versions of kanto pokemon'

>So tell me, why do we love Heart Gold and Soul Silver so much?
Because if you love a game only because of its dex then you probably have some issues.
I honestly don't like RS dex but it's still one of my favorite game.
>>
File: Donkey Kong Noooo.jpg (88KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Donkey Kong Noooo.jpg
88KB, 800x450px
>>31765868
>I honestly don't like RS dex
>>
File: GSC Gym Battle.png (83KB, 762x696px) Image search: [Google]
GSC Gym Battle.png
83KB, 762x696px
>>31762871
Like this?
>>
>>31765375
>Go try to catch a Yanma in HGSS. Oh wait, it has a fucking 1% encounter rate on a single route. Sure is easy to cherrypick examples eh?
Swarms are a thing my guy
>>
Silver is still my favorite game but I do honestly wish there were less Kanto mons everywhere. I guess at the time they just wanted to play it safe. "Look, new stuff, but also the stuff you already like. Please still love us."

I really don't care about the damn level curve people keep bitching about because all Pokemon games are easy.
>>
>>31762597
Because of walking Pokemon my dude

I would literally kill 50% of the entire Pokedex if it meant I could get wallking Pokemon back
>>
>>31766823
Something that pissed me off was that in the originals you could only find Houndour in Kanto. What fucking sense does that make? Silver's still one of my favorites though, Gold is for losers.
>>
>>31766846
Walking Pokemon is nice but it's overrated as fuck. I would never kill 50% of the Pokedex for that.
>>
>>31762597
Because the actual game is great and can be fixed with the Drayano romhack.

The only SM romhacks so far are ass and they don't do anything to fix the fucking cut scenes.
>>
>>31762832
danks thoc
>>
>>31766914
>can be fixed with the Drayano romhack.

Kek. Romhacks are not part of the official game and thus should not be a factor in determining how good a game is. With your logic you could call any Pokemon game good or perfect which is complete bullshit.
>>
>>31766914

t. Bethesda fan

makes sense, considering Gamefreak is the Japanese equivalent of Bethesda.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.