[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here start Pokemon pretty late? I only started with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: Mina 2.jpg (154KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Mina 2.jpg
154KB, 1200x1200px
Anyone else here start Pokemon pretty late? I only started with Emerald because I was put off by the fucking shitty garbage anime for a long time. I thought the garbage anime was a good representation of the quality of the games, so I avoided them for ages. So glad I was wrong, because Pokemon is pretty much the only stuff I play nowadays.
>>
>>31759190
I started with Diamond.
>>
>>31759190
I started with leaf green because the original games were made the year I was born and babies can't play video games
>>
File: gary oak.png (138KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
gary oak.png
138KB, 500x375px
Nope. Started with Blue.
>>
Not me, but I was amazed by how many of my 20-something peers didn't get into the series until Gen 4. Explains a lot about this board, too, actually.
>>
File: Error.jpg (69KB, 577x631px) Image search: [Google]
Error.jpg
69KB, 577x631px
>>31759190
I started with Colosseum. It was my first rpg and I remember struggling because I barely read anything, thought speed affected attack power and evasion, gave my mons potions and pokeballs thinking they could use/throw them, and thought for a long time that whenever the game said "[Pokemon's] [stat] rose!", it was saying that the effect that played was supposed to be a kind of rose flower.
I got better by the time my brother and I got into the main series with Fire Red where the only mistakes we made where killing two birds because we didn't know what legendaries were, and over-leveling for the league for days because we had no idea how to get to Sabrina/Saffron even after somehow managing to get the last 3 badges.
Maybe if I didn't hate paragraphs as a kid, things would have started smoother.
>>
>>31759234
hello meme-boy
>>
I started with red (US). Missed out on the uglier sprites from green.
>>
I was in elementary school when Pokemon first came to the US and I fondly remember watching the show with my siblings, but the first Pokemon game I owned was actually Pearl. I don't consider it my first one, though, because I never even got to the second gym. I did, however, play and complete White, and have gone back and completed the other games.
>>
>>31760626

Just fucking stop man. Take off the nostalgia goggles.

I started with Red/Blue at 3-4 years old, have played every game since and have replayed all of them in the last 7 or so years.

Gen I and II were pretty shit overall, it's not a big deal, they were old as fuck, Game Freak was new as fuck, and the newer games have improved since, (very very slowly.)
>>
File: 1485467518530.jpg (62KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
1485467518530.jpg
62KB, 719x719px
>>31762711
the fact that you're so defensive that you need to respond to a meme post with that degree of seriousness just shows how underage you are
>>
I'm going to begin with Sun and Moon. I have actually followed Pokemon since Red and Blue but never could actually play because consoles were expensive and my family was dirt poor for a while. Now I have a job and that means I can actually buy this shit for once.
>>
File: 4mosas.png (501KB, 1024x722px) Image search: [Google]
4mosas.png
501KB, 1024x722px
>>31759190
I was obsessed with Pokemon since I was a little kid (especially kabutops) but the first time I was actually able to get a game of my very own was Black 2. I love Reuniclus so I traded for one and made it my best friend
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.