[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw no petition for a remake with a shitload of new features

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0222.jpg (159KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0222.jpg
159KB, 640x905px
>Tfw no petition for a remake with a shitload of new features
>Tfw no more snagging and purifying to get cool moves Pokemon cant actually learn ever again
>Tfw these games won't ever be acknowledged ever again, and will be called Faraway Land in game forever
>Tfw when one of the most original, fun, and challenging games in the series will never even be mentioned by GF ever again

;_;
>>
>>31757431
>XD
fuck off emotefag
>>
>>31757431
>tfw all the news sites reported that X&Y would be the first 3D pokemon game
>no one even remembers it
>>
>>31757552
>lmao XD fuck off emotefag
18+
>>
>>31757566
First mainline, obviously, since that would mean no one remember the stadium games either.
>>
>>31757552
The funny thing about this shitpost is that op never even said XD, but he did use ;_; and that went completely unnoticed. What exactly has this board come to?
>>
File: 582eaf0200d7c5cf35273f188139a14c.jpg (123KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
582eaf0200d7c5cf35273f188139a14c.jpg
123KB, 1500x1000px
>>31757431
They will never be acknowledged ever again, despite probably being salvageable into a 3DS port in 2 weeks worth of work.

But why bother? The only five people who played and loved these games don't justify the effort.
>>
The only game in the series that doesn't have catchable gen I Pokemon.
>>
>>31758438
>What exactly has this board come to?
shitposting general
>>
>limited amount of Pokémon to catch
>if you knock them out tough luck you can never get them again
>when you do catch them they only know 1 awful move and have to be purified by grinding for hours
>purification is not even available until a good chunck into the game
>deviantart tier characters, world and plot

The challenge, music and doubles were pretty great though.
>>
>>31758493
You can catch them again.
But I agree with the rest of your post.
>>
>>31758493
True.
Nope, you get unlimited chances to catch them again.
>when you do catch them they only know 1 awful move and have to be purified by grinding for hours
Gale of Darkness fixed that.
True
Opinion
>music
Top Tier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZsOwo9rhsQ
>>
>>31758609
>Gale of Darkness fixed that.
All you have to do in Gale of Darkness is to always replace your team members with the last snagged pokemon, it will resist your opponent's shadow moves and your moves will be super effective in non shadow pokemon.
The last battle is ridiculous.
Fixed one problem and created another.
>Opinion
Well, the music is also opinion. But most of us agree that the music is great.
>>
>>31758493
The part where you get a Plusle but not a Minun is pretty stupid too.
>>
>>31757431
and then OP is a fag >>31758716
>>
>>31758713
And the fact that there was a shadow Minun but it was cut from the game.
>>
>>31758493
That's why these games work though. The sad thing about every game is, that some characters/weapons/cards/whatever are better than others simply by default.

Having less pokemon to choose from allows for better balance and is a big part of why boss fights in Colosseum work, unlike in single player maingames.
>>
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-remake-pokémon-colosseum-for-the-nintendo-switch

SIGN
>>
>>31758755
No more remakes fag, just replay with a randomizer
>>
>>31757431
I'm still pissed that Psycho Boost Lugia is banned in SM free battles.
>>
>>31758743
Having less options does not make the outcome more balanced by itself. Red and Blue had the least Pokémon available yet they were horribly unbalanced. I don't remember enough from Colosseum to argue for it's balance, but limited amount of Pokémon should not be used as an argument by itself.

Also a huge part of makes Pokémon fun for me is the huge amount of monsters available. Collecting them all is fun and so is choosing your very own party. Everyone just used the same Pokémon in the Gamecube games, it made me feel like I was playing Final Fantasy instead.
>>
>>31758493
Agreed.

Almost every Shadow Pokemon appears a second time, be it in the Under Colosseum or just a trainer you can battle again.

Sort of agree. Shadow Rush is pretty bad, it and Shadow Moves in general were way better in XD. Opening hearts does take way longer in Colosseum than in XD too, but it doesn't take hours if you're battling, calling out of Hyper Mode, and using Scents.

Agate isn't a "good chunk" into the game, you get there pretty quick.

It's mostly because of the writing. The bits about Shadow Pokemon being soulless, "shutting the door to their hearts", the black aura, and attacking their trainers while in Hyper Mode make it edgier than need be. Shadow Pokemon are just Pokemon that have been turned into fighting machines through the power of some unknown science. They were experimented on. Not any edgier than the story of Mewtwo and Team Cipher isn't anywhere near as bad as some of the recent villains. Snagem is just Orre's Team Rocket. Wes, who is implied to have left Snagem because he wasn't OK with them providing Cipher with Pokemon to experiment on, not only stole the device Snagem used to steal Pokemon, but also blew up their fucking base before riding off into the desert on his motorcycle. He's a badass.
>>
>>31758755
Can we get some meme magic going and make this happen
>>
>Just now realized most areas in Colosseum and XD are named after gemstones
>>
>>31758950
Let's see.
>>
>>31757431
Game Freak is jelly
>>
>>31758907
>Red and Blue had the least Pokémon available yet they were horribly unbalanced
MAYBE it has something to do with the fact that opponents had wild pokemon movepools and used status moves thinking that they would hit you super effectively, but hey, what do I know? Just keep spreading misinformation.
>>
>>31757431
they were never aknowledged or canon
pokemon ranger were more memorable and worthy
>>
All I want from a remake is two things:
>Animations off
>Change the XP rate or lower the levels of Evice's team so you're not forced to grind for ~10 levels before fighting him
>>
File: IMG_0073.jpg (39KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0073.jpg
39KB, 456x320px
>Tfw no ones signing the petition
>>
I FIXED IT OK

https://www.change.org/p/give-us-a-sequel-to-the-pokémon-colosseum-series-for-the-nintendo-switch
>>
>>31758934
Not that guy but,
>Agate isn't a "good chunk" into the game, you get there pretty quick.
Just got there, 7 hours into the game. Sure, I've been playing slowly, exploring every corner, and been switching my mons frequently to "purify" them as much as possible up to this point, but I wouldn't call that "pretty quick" either. Fucking HYPER MODE gets really old, really fast.
>>
>>31757431
>cool moves Pokemon cant actually learn ever again
Only a handful had usable moves and everything that got Heal bell was able to learn it when it became a move tutor. All of the "special move pokemon" are gimmicks at best now.
>>
>>31760011
go away kid
>>
File: 1484900305449.jpg (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1484900305449.jpg
8KB, 256x256px
>MIROR B WILL NEVER RETURN
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.