[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want them to make the ultimate Kanto game. Only the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: pokemon_red_blue_main_169.jpg (211KB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_red_blue_main_169.jpg
211KB, 588x331px
I want them to make the ultimate Kanto game. Only the original 151, 3D, online trading and battles, reworked battle mechanics and balancing, etc.

I'm tired of new regions being "remember kanto guys XDD". Just give us the damn Kanto instead of ruining new regions.

Who's with me?
>>
>>31755202
I want to go to Johto after starting in Kanto.

I want FRLG+all the events+3d+online+battle frontier

and I want the 150+new evos for the gen1s, plus the megas, but as post game.

ie magnezone, umbreon/espeon, but only available as post game content.
>>
i just want genwunner pandering to stop in general.
>>
>>31755210
>ie magnezone, umbreon/espeon, but only available as post game content.
People WANT this? Crossgen Evos being locked behind Natdex was the worst part of FRLG
>>
File: 1446018521843.jpg (68KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1446018521843.jpg
68KB, 768x576px
>>31755216
Gen 9 at the earliest I imagine. It has to fail first, which will probably happen at the Switch.
>>
>>31755217
it's literally just beat E4 and have 60 mons in the dex
that's not much time at all, ffs. the main game should be the main game from gen1, the post game should be all the other stuff.
>>
>>31755210
Play PRO

speaking of I never see any PRO threads on here.
>>
>>31755202
The majority of /vp/, those outside of 4chan, and including me think that's a meh idea that could go bad or make it excellent.
>>
>>31755225
What's PRO?
>>
>>31755225
wtf is pro
>>
File: tumblr_mb3rpqoqn71r8l831.jpg (55KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mb3rpqoqn71r8l831.jpg
55KB, 500x400px
That's funny, I also want new games set in Kanto, but with all Pokemon available, Kanto expanded significantly, and the ability to travel to select areas of all other regions.

I'm currently replaying LeafGreen, and it is some goddamn culture shock to go from the diversity of monsters available in XY and SM, to seeing Rattatas, Pidgeys, Spearows, Caterpie and Weedles on every frickin' route.

I think Kanto, if expanded and tweaked somewhat, would be about the perfect size for a Pokemon game. But nostalgia or no, the selection of monsters is piss-poor. Yeah, bring on the original 151, but there's no good reason, at least IMO, to lock out the other other 651.
>>
>>31755232
>>31755242
POKEMON REVOLUTION ONLINE

It's an mmo. the only Pokemon mmo that isn't shit. It's kinda like FRLG and HGSS's love child with up to date pokemon. You start in kanto, go to johto and they just released hoenn last year.
>>
>>31755258
looks like pokemmo except good. Think i'll give it a try.
>>
>>31755258
Explain more
>>
>>31755258
how long until they get a cease and desist?
>>
>>31755333
I thought they'd get one last year.

Hell, PRO is actually making a profit and nintendo fucking took down a rom hack
>>
>>31755344
>Prism wasn't even that good
>>
>>31755202
Me. It was just disappointing how they ruined the Kalos region with a lot of Gen 1 references and instead of creating new Legendaries they only added the Gen 1 Legendaries, and don't make me start with Alola.
>>
>>31755373
plus with gen 6 instead of a re-remake of kanto we just got virtual counsel releases of the original that anyone who doesn't have nostalgia for the originals and is used to the new games would find unbearable to sit through.
>>
>>31755369
You're telling me. my dumbass waiting 9 years for it. I didn't even fucking finish it
>>
>>31755202
Almost every generation has pandered to Red and Blue in some form or another.
>Gen 2: The absolute worst pandering, as Kanto was actually playable in a limited capacity
>Gen 3: The first reboot
>Gen 4: A few cross-evos, but mostly self-contained
>Gen 5: The second reboot
>Gen 6: The last time pandering was this blatant was gen 2
>Gen 7: The third reboot, with more pandering on top of that
>>
>>31755243
One of the things that made me the most sad from FR/LG was how you had 130 something mons (removing legendaries and starters) and yet they chose to repeat the same mons route after route after route. No wild Lickitung, no wild random Tangela, Safari Zone and Ice Cave just make things more rare and exclusive, it's boring as fuck to find pidgeotto all over the place. At least the Sevii Isles were decent.
>>
File: 1480533270332.png (168KB, 654x576px) Image search: [Google]
1480533270332.png
168KB, 654x576px
>>31755202

You must be retarded.

Kanto's route design and level curve are absolute fucking trash- there is no saving them outside of completely revamping them where Kanto is no longer recognizable.

Game Freak isn't particularly dedicated to making Pokemon a balanced game. With only 151 Pokemon, and over half of them being total shit, there is no semblance of "balance." It is easily the least balanced of all generations.

>3D, online trading and battles

You can do that right now in gen VI or VII, it doesn't require a new game. Just bring up from old games/catch gen I Pokemon, (as there are an assload of them in gen VII.)

>reworked battle mechanics and balancing, etc

What the fuck does that even mean? Let's post an extremely vague idea with no explanation followed by "etc." because everyone knows what you're talking about. Oh wait, they don't.

Red/Blue/Yellow were fucking trash games, they were some of my very first games ever played at the age of 3-4, (I got the Japanese versions from my Jap relatives,) and playing them now it is extremely clear that they are shallow, poorly designed games.

Your idea is shit. The best you can hope for are better quality Pokemon games in general if Game Freak can step their shit up, (doubtful,) but they seem to be going for a shorter development cycle, and if the previous few games are any indication that means less hardcore content since most gamers "don't have time for that," in the words of that one faggot developer who thinks the presence of mobile-phone gaming justifies making shallow games.
>>
>>31755510
Gen 2 was more of a direct sequel so it didn't really feel like pandering.
Did you actually play as they came out or are you just saying that they "pandered" because you're looking back now?
>>
>>31755724
I can do both, y'know.

I'll agree that gen 2 wasn't pandering at the time, and I was wrong on that one, but I still see it as having laid the groundwork for every bit that followed. "Oh, gen 2 had gen 1 stuff in it and it was even more popular, let's pander to gen 1 from now on!"
>>
>>31755224
oh, c'mon
it's literally every single level
>what? your golbat is evolving?
>???
but if you are gonna make a full region after the league, that's ok, since you can you them there.
>>
>>31755997
>since you can use you them there
>>
File: 3rd gen.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3rd gen.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
>>31755202
Well, turns out Gamefreak made your wish real a few years ago, OP, congratulations.
>>
>>31757703
>3D, online trading and battles

Idiot.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.