[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Smogon just get rid of this thing again already? It literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Mega_Sableye.png (138KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Sableye.png
138KB, 400x480px
Can Smogon just get rid of this thing again already? It literally ruins competitive Pokemon.
>>
File: 051Dugtrio[1].png (573KB, 828x828px) Image search: [Google]
051Dugtrio[1].png
573KB, 828x828px
>>31753802

Mega Sableye isn't the problem, Dugtrio is.
>>
>>31753802
>>31753810
its neither, the issue is them together. They need each other to be the cancer people get so mad against, but you can't ban specific pokemon, so we must consider which is more usable for stall teams without the other to decide who should be banned.
>>
>>31753828
Mega Sableye is the reason stall teams even exist in the first place.
>>
>>31753853
stall goes back to gen 2 when sableye didn't even exist, and it only got access to prankster in gen 5 and the mega on gen 6, dugtrio has had arena trap since gen 6
>>
>>31753853

Dugtrio has been a stall staple since at least Gen 5
>>
>>31753802
>ruins competitive
Git gud scrub
>>
>>31753853
You mean Chansey. Literally every stall team traces back to Chansey/Blissey.
>>
Stall is unique in that it's not any particular Pokemon that's broken, but the combination of said Pokemon

Mega Sableye prevents hazards from being set up (except if you're Mold Breaker Excadrill), and Dugtrio traps and kills your stallbreakers

Unaware Quagsire and Clefable shit on your set-up sweepers
>>
>>31753802
>only good in Smogonbaby rules
>"ruins competitive Pokemon"
good one
>>
>>31753966
Chansey and Blissey have uses outside of stall, though. M-Sableye's sole purpose in OU is literally just to propagate stall.
>>
>>31753997
It keeps rocks away so I can use Volcarona.
>>
>>31753997
blissey does, chansey doesn't
>>
>>31753828
Trapping abilities are inherently uncompetitive because they're a free kill button, so it's Dugtrio who has to go. We need to see Mega Sableye in action without the support of trappers before a fair judgement can be made. Even in the ORAS suspect a lot of people were convinced that Dugtrio was the actual problem and voted to ban Sableye only because they had to.
>>
>>31754021
Chansey is a blanket check for pretty much every dedicated special attacker and can spread status and do cleric duties with relative ease. Sure it's set up bait for a lot of things but it can always outplay them.
>>
>>31754021
>he's never heard of Chansey offense
>>
>>31754039
>>31754041
by this logic M-sableye can also be an offensive special attacker with calm mind while using W-o-W to spread status, on top of being a great physical wall and status sponge
>>
I'd compare using Sableye Stall to using Funbro. Sure it's not a completely foolproof strategy and it is beatable, but in more cases than not it'll create a long, long, LONG battle that's more of an endurance test than an actual Pokemon battle. That's why I want to see it gone, it just completely sucks the "game" out of the game.
>>
>>31754054
I mean Calm Mind Sableye was a thing for a while. Point is, sure they excel at their roles in Stall but they aren't particularly bad in balance either.
>>
this has to be the most broken gen yet after genwun tbqh
>>
>>31754067
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure gen 2 is considered the worst singles gen ever, which is partly why doubles where introduced soon after.

>>31754066
Yeah, just like pretty much every stallmon.
>>
>>31753802
No, it ruins Smogon. Competitive is fine. Smogon is stupid anyway though, so who cares?
>>
>>31754088
Gen2 singles is bad but not the reason why doubles was made, and while it is bad it had to do with the fact that most Pokemon didn't have any real offensive presence, in a way it's the reason why gen3 added Choice Band and more boosting moves.
>>
>>31754101
>more boosting moves.
yeah, gen 2 was curse: the meta
>>
I also wanted to point out that ORAS RU faced a similar issue back when Dugtrio was still here, with Alomomola+Dugtrio cores. Although full stall wasn't really used, the principle was similar, in that they used Dugtrio to trap anything that could threaten Alomomola. They suspect Alomomola, but didn't vote to ban it, they suspected Dugtrio shortly after, and banned it. Afterwards, Alomomola hasn't been a problem for the rest of ORAS RU lifespan, and I think the same would probably apply to Mega Sableye as well, if Dugtrio were to be banned.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.