[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today we celebrate six months of the beginning of the Kalos League

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 18

File: image.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
Today we celebrate six months of the beginning of the Kalos League finals. Let's reflect on this and ask ourselves:

Did anyone actually believe for a second that Ash would win the league?
>>
File: doragon.png (155KB, 492x426px) Image search: [Google]
doragon.png
155KB, 492x426px
Nope
>>
Yes.
>>
File: Ash vs Alain.jpg (2MB, 1100x9000px) Image search: [Google]
Ash vs Alain.jpg
2MB, 1100x9000px
>>31743337
>Did anyone actually believe for a second that Ash would win the league?
I didn't, but watching those who did it getting BURASTO BAAN was amazing
>>
>>31743337
Yes. And I can't say I blame them for thinking so. He had, for the first time, a team of all fully evolved Pokemon. He had an asspull Greninja that pretty much killed everything except Zard and Diantha's Gardevoir. In the League, this Greninja actually one-shot an Altaria with a 20BP NVE move. Then went on to fight a Mega Scepile, taking many hits from Leaf Storm and still coming out fine, cut through Frenzy Plant and defeated that Sceptile with a 4x NVE move and an Ariel Ace. He was the strongest he's ever been, and thus he made it to the finals.

What people failed to see was that Alan and his Zard were even more ridiculous. I remember them overpowering a Zygarde, for fucks sake. He even went toe-to-toe with it even without Mega Evolving.
>>
File: 1471670639015.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471670639015.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>31743400
I watched expecting nothing.

When I saw Greninja down I knew that the shitstorm would be glorious. Based Alan and LIZARDON
>>
>>31743337
I hope that they replay the entire anime in short till X/Y in the 20th movie. I just want to see Ash lose the league 6 times in row... IN HIGH QUALITY
>>
File: 1475920303515.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475920303515.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>31743337
Yes
>>
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/27870128
>>
>>31743337

6... months...

ok I'm out... holy fuck...
>>
>first fully evolved team
>special Greninja video showing it use a huge orange mega shuriken
>title is "Kalos league victory! Ash's ultimate match"
>Ash ALWAYS wins against a rival in the league he has lost to several times before. This has been the case since episode 1.
>the next game confirmes not having gyms (it wasn't confirmed it still had a league yet) so people thought this would be the last league at least for a while
>Extremely OP pokemon able go fuck over pretty much anything up to Champion mega ace tier
>we had no idea if he would win or lose before the episode aired which was the first time that ever happening since the result is always spoiled by new titles or summaries. TPC was hiding the result at all cost.
>Alan and Mega Charizard X was built up as Ash and Greninja's ultimate goal to finnish of Greninja's arch

Literally the only thing that said he would lose was the status que that he always lose. Everything else pointed to him winning. It wasn't retarded at all to think the he would win with everything pointing to it. Of course TPC greed and higher ups wanting to maintain status que won in the end as always.
>>
File: 1479336171952.png (198KB, 961x831px) Image search: [Google]
1479336171952.png
198KB, 961x831px
>>31743627
You seem kinda mad anon. Are you okay?
>>
>>31743627
The writers wanted him to win so they set it all up like that. Their bosses wouldn't let them actually make Ash win so he had to lose. If it were up to the writer Ash would've won and it would've made more sense. But they didn't want their bosses ruin their initial plans so they kept it like they wanted but still made him lose which is why after all that hype it was kind of a letdown
>>
>>31743643
>writes a post explaning why people thought he would win
>thinks I'm mad because of this

?
>>
>>31743627

but...he could win and go to alola for some vacations+training...
>>
>>31743749
it wouldn't have make sense though. Why wouldn't he bring his team with which he won the league, after all they did all the work. And why would he go to school in the first place when he is a League champion. He should be getting ready to face the Kalos E4 instead. It wouldn't have made sense continuity wise.
>>
File: DOWN.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
DOWN.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>31743475
SO MUCH HYPE!!!
>>
>>31743749
>stuttering meme
>>
>>31743337
I was expecting a draw but at the end of XYZ he gives Alan the trophy
>>
At first I didn't, but then news about Sun and Moon ditching gyms came about and it seemed like a good opportunity for them to finally let him win it.
>>
>>31743337
pic related why.

Fuck Alanfags.
>>
Should've had it at a draw or have Flare interrupt the battle.
>>
>>31743627
Literally the only thing they needed to do was to make Ash win against Alan once prior to the league match.
>>
>>31743337
If anything, I'm ecstatic about Ash losing this time. Why? Ash-Greninja that's why. I've never hated a pokemon more in my life. Normal Greninja I can tolerate but Ash-Greninja I absolutely loathe.

In other words, I'm happy that some special snowflake bullshit got btfo'd by an actual mega.
>>
>>31744094
>I'm an autistic retard hating a cartoon frog

You could have just written that
>>
>>31743627
>status que
>>
>>31743627
They were hyping Alan up the whole time, and just to avoid doing another Tobias, they even showed how strong he was by giving him his own Specials. This guy at beginning of the tournament ONE SHOT a Zard Y with a NVE Flamethrower. Zard Y being a Mega Evolved Pokemon, which the anime treated like a really big deal, with good Special bulk. Before that, it one shot an E4's Pokemon.

Ash was really strong this season. That's why he made to the finals, something he never achieved before. Alan, though, was much stronger. There's no bullshit involved here. They constantly went out of their way to show just how strong Alan was. Out of all of Ash's League battles, this was the most fair one.
>>
>>31744094
This. I love Greninja but Ash-Greninja is the dumbest shit the anime has put out.
>>
I wasn't really expecting Ash to win, but I was at least expecting the loss to look reasonable.
>>
>>31744186
But it did? More than any other league loss.
>>
I was hoping he'd win, I was disappointed, but I'm over it and can find humor in it now.
>>
>>31744094
>>31744180
Except that the very reason we got Ash-Greninja forced in the games was so Ash could use him. If he doesn't win, then what the fuck was the point of having this huge anime reference in the games?
>>
>>31743337
No, I did not expect him to win. But the the fact that they never explained the giant orange shuriken is bullshit.
>>
Considering the title and previews deliberately misled people into thinking he would, it's not surprising that many did
>>
>>31743409
>>31744145
>What people failed to see was that Alan and his Zard were even more ridiculous.
This is my only problem with ash losing the league.
Alan is waaaay too good, to the point that it's kinda bullshit how strong his charizard is.
He has never lost a battle and the only time he tasted defeat was when he fuck himself in the ass by doing too much of a good job helping the villain without knowing.
>>
>>31744282
>But it did? More than any other league loss.
Maybe more than others, but it's still kinda bullshit how a Charizard that was already weakened by taking hits in a previous fight, somehow manage to tank a huge fucking water attack and then won using a NVE attack.

>>31744343
The giant orange shuriken was so stupid, it was never brought back and all it did was to look cool, even though it did nothing at all.
>>
>>31744145
What was bullshit about Alan was they way, around 10 episodes prior to the league, he explicitly says he is NOT competing in the league. Then, about 2 episodes before the league, he is shown collecting his eigth badge, and shows up at the league . He collects 8 badges in, at most, half a dozen episodes.

The asspull isnt him winning the league. the asspull is him being there at all
>>
>>31743337
A lot of people had high hopes he would win. They wanted to see him win, which led to them expecting him to win.
That's understandable, consider they had been watching for actual years. Some might even have been watching for longer than some people here have been alive.

Personally speaking, I don't have any attachment to Ash, and thus didn't care about it. In fact, I got, and am still getting, more enjoyment from his loss. If he had won, I doubt it would've been nearly as "fun".
>>
>>31744484
Why? He's strong, so he can win Gym Battles. He has access to Pokemon that can allow him travel faster. Even Lysandre would happily get him around, since in the League, he could collect a lot Mega Energy for him.

To me, at least, it doesn't seem as bullshity.
>>
If he hadn't lost to Alan, they would have had him lose to Shota. As soon as SM was confirmed, his fate was sealed
>>
>>31744383
He lost Siegbold too
>>
File: 1483978802532.jpg (281KB, 1278x737px) Image search: [Google]
1483978802532.jpg
281KB, 1278x737px
>>31744460
>using a NVE attack
He did more than that. Even if it was just BURASUTO, it would still be a 75 BP STAB coming from a Pokemon clearly much higher level than Greninja.
>>
>>31743627
>status que

Remember O is not next to E on the board, thus it was not a mistake but that this faggot thinks that is actually how you spell it
>>
>>31744383
That's understandable, I guess.

Alan was strong. Really strong. That was Alan's gimmick. His character. Personally, I liked that. I like seeing ridiculously strong characters. It's one of the reason I love characters like Shizuo or Claire, from Durarara and Baccano respectively. While Alan's personality was not nearly as likeable, I liked the Pokemon he used, so that made up for it.

This is just a case of to each their own.
>>
>>31744036
Fucking Ash-pandering faggot
>>
>>31743337
I hadn't even watched pokemon anime since mid-way through Johto and I had still heard about the Kalos loss and went "oh, come the fuck on! Really?"

of course, I was also torn between my wish they would move on from Ash and my dislike of Greninja for stealing all the attention from glorious Grass Warrior and glorious fox wizard.
>>
File: 1476213327554.jpg (109KB, 1013x938px) Image search: [Google]
1476213327554.jpg
109KB, 1013x938px
Reminder that had it been a no-bullshit, in-game battle between those two teams, Alan would win EASILY. The moveset Ash was running on his Greninja was shit and wouldn't do anything to Zard.

Ash stood a chance because of anime bullshit. If you dislike bullshit, dislike all bullshit. Calling Alan's win bad because it was "bullshit" is just hypocritical.
>>
>>31744530
>If he hadn't lost to Alan, they would have had him lose to Shota.
It would have been fucking cool if he would've won against Alan and lose to Shota, Alan was ash's rival and ash was shota's rival.
Plus Shota was shown as a fucking strong and smart trainer that trained and studied to defeat Ash.
In the end all i got from the league was ''Don't try to be better than someone else because no matter how hard you try, you're not gonna make it.''
>>
>Alan has 3 pokemon 4x weak to fighting
>Hawlucha gets a single KO
JUST
>>
>>31744646
>>31744663
>Ash has 3 Pokemon weak to Ice
>Weavile gets a single KO
JUST
>>
>>31744113
>person don't like thing but i like thing
>this cannot be possible
>they must be an autism
I fucking love this meme.
>>
>>31744129
>>31744545
English was the third language I learned so of course it isn't fucking perfect.
>>
>>31744663
It was smart by Alan to shut down Hawlucha's speed with Thunder Wave. If that HJK didn't fucking miss Ash would have had a full health Goodra and Greninja vs a damaged Charizard.
>>
>>31745160
But it isn't English.
>>
>>31745260
What's the point in trying to be a smart ass?
>>
Honestly, I did. I actually said "Let's give it a try" when I saw how different ash this time.
With that being said... 6 months, I don't know you but it hurts sometimes for me.
>>
Serena > the League
>>
>>31745337
The League >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SHIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Serena

The League was fun to watch. The battles were well animated and the soundtrack was hype as fuck. Even if people knew Ash was going to lose, they were excited to see how it will happen. Serena, though, was shit. There was nothing likeable about her. Her dancing shit was boring as fuck. Even her cheering during the League was just shit.
>>
>>31745384
t. Misty
>>
>>31745390
What does this have to do with Misty?
>>
File: 4snIWEo.png (38KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
4snIWEo.png
38KB, 633x758px
>>31745384
y-you tell em
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 600x800px
>>31745384
Let's trigger you some more, fag.
>>
>>31745384
Nah.
There are many league, but only one Serena.

The staff made the right choice.
>>
File: 1473611427875.png (393KB, 684x693px) Image search: [Google]
1473611427875.png
393KB, 684x693px
>>31745455
Need help triggering me? Serena was shit, that is a fact. Everyone realizes this, not just Mistyfags. I actually do like the ship, because it pairs a shit character with another shit character.
>>
File: 1484702458502.jpg (144KB, 690x769px) Image search: [Google]
1484702458502.jpg
144KB, 690x769px
>>31743337
I personally didn't. I admit I became less sure when I heard Ash was going to the finals, but sure enough he jobbed in the end like he always does.
>>
>>31743337
I didn't and do not see how others could be dumb enough to.
>>
>>31744113
Simmer down there friendo. I said I hate ASH-Greninja specifically. Regular Greninja I'm ok with and even like a little, but Ash-Greninja was just some top shelf level bullshit.
>>
File: Screenshot (55).png (994KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (55).png
994KB, 1366x768px
>>31743627
>>
>>31745503
Those two look really cute together.
>>
>goodra did literally nothing of relevance
>so did noivern
>pikachu slaughters two pseudos.
The whole match was just shitshow of bad writing.
Somebody was very angry while writing it
>>
File: 34456485.png (9KB, 287x299px) Image search: [Google]
34456485.png
9KB, 287x299px
>>31743337
GF must have been laughing their asses off at all the salty Ashfags who dumped all their common sense after seeing the Shota fight

Trolling at its finest
>>
Goddammit I am still salty over this.
>>
File: oovooroo.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
oovooroo.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
>>31747772
>Goodra's only claim to fame is two battles where it mostly just stood there and did nothing but sponge attacks, and even then only won by the skin of it's teeth.
>>
>>31748140
>writers either were so lazy or so tired of this shit they let that slip
>ywf Ash could have pulled Cameron^2 and fight with 4 mons and outcome would be literally the same.
>>
The anime is shit and so is Ash. This is a fact and not my opinion.
>>
So are you guys ready for alola leaug, were ash's whole team gets sweated completely by lana's primarena, especially his battle bond decidueye. then the next leaug meme will be hydro canon.
>>
>>31744145
Late, but the only thing that felt like BS looking back is Alan's Bisharp actually hitting a Pokemon a second time to me.
>>
I wanted Ash to win just because it's about fucking time we had a new protagonist. I don't understand how there can still be people who aren't totally done with him.
>>
>Implying Sun And Moon Anime will be different from the game

This is about Lillie.
First we get to know her character, next she over comes her fears of touching pokemon. Then we watch her defeat the trail captains and become a powerful trainer. Just like the game, Ash will witness all of this character development.

Ash will defeat the elite four but Lillie will challenge him and he will lose.
>>
>>31749446
It's a good thing you haven't watched the new series, then. Keep thinking that, what you posted is ten times better than the shitshow we're currently getting.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.