[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The sprite art for RSE was better than FRLG''s, everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: RSE Machop.png (4KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
RSE Machop.png
4KB, 64x64px
The sprite art for RSE was better than FRLG''s, everything is posed so much more dynamically. FRLG's sprites are so dull they might as well have come off of a model sheet.
>>
>>31739812
I know, right?
>>
>>31739812
I disagree, the RSE sprites are colored so ugly and the proportions are weird
>>
I agree, but who even cares anymore?
>>
File: RSE Tentacruel.png (5KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
RSE Tentacruel.png
5KB, 64x64px
>>31739832
You'll have to be more specific when you're saying they have issues with proportions.
>>
File: 19.png (537B, 27x31px) Image search: [Google]
19.png
537B, 27x31px
I always thought this thing looked so much cuter in sapphire. almost made me want to train one
>>
File: RSE Machamp.png (6KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
RSE Machamp.png
6KB, 64x64px
> Machamp was apparently too big in both games

you're all smalltime.
>>
Gen III in general has bad spritework. A big step back from Gen II that they never recovered on.
>>
File: Sneasel.jpg (214KB, 926x578px) Image search: [Google]
Sneasel.jpg
214KB, 926x578px
>>31740074
It would have raised budget exponetially to keep doing the "different sprites for each version" thing, and RSE/FRLG touched up a lot of the player side sprites from GS anyways.
>>
>>31740199
exponentially, huh? say, do you know what exponentially means? also, i dont see how it could consume all the much development time. creating sprites at such a low resolution should be doable for all the necessary mons, for one person, in like, what, a month??? just as a padded guess. so like, 0.01% of the budget.
>>
>>31740199
I'm not even talking about that. In general the sprites just aren't as well made, especially for each system's limitations.
>>
>>31740293
It's a question of perception, the sprites don't look as well made because there were more pokemon to compare them to.
>>
File: Spr_3r_254[1].png (5KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_3r_254[1].png
5KB, 64x64px
RSE's sprites looked like fucking shit mate

This was a terrible first impression for Sceptile
>>
File: Spr_3r_299[1].png (4KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_3r_299[1].png
4KB, 64x64px
And don't get me started on Nosepass
>>
>>31740349
What should have been the first impression? Sceptile's design is pretty crowded compared to Blaziken and Swampert's, and all three were shown with pretty neutral standing postures.
>>
File: 254Sceptile[1].png (899KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
254Sceptile[1].png
899KB, 1280x1280px
>>31740380

The proportions look weird compared to its official art and later sprites/models.
>>
>>31740397
The only difference I can see is the arms posing and the sprite looking bulkier, which is understandable. DPPtHGSS Sceptile has the same proportions but is posed differently, while BW Sceptile is too skinny entirely. The constant animation was a kiss of death for a lot of older pokemon, because their newer stances were much less dynamic.
>>
>>31739812
Some truth in what you say, but the back sprites for your Pokemon are just barely touched up better correctly colored GSC sprites.

FRLG actually redrew back sprites for quite a few pokemon. But sprites were the least of FrLg problems.
>>
>>31739812
and alot of frlg sprite work seemed more like anatomically correct redraws of red and green sprites.
>>
>>31740074
Quite a lot of gen 3's art for old pokemon is redraws of GSC art though.
>>
>>31740397
This is the mistake design, the sprite looks better
>>
>>31739812
RSE graphics are the most different of all. Just look at things like Poochyena, Nosepass, Milotic, etc., they are look too different from future games.
>>
>>31740664
FRLG finally fixed the back sprite for Scyther.

>But sprites were the least of FrLg problems
What problems?
>>
>>31740364
>>
Gen 3 has worst sprites
>>
>>31739861
What the fuck is that
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.