[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be possible for /vp/ to point out legitimate criticisms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 321.png (310KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
321.png
310KB, 580x282px
Would it be possible for /vp/ to point out legitimate criticisms of a generation (likewise would the inverse be possible) without devolving into genwar flaming and general shitstorms?
>>
Nope
>>
>>31730761
Unlikely.
Someone would either take offense to a legitimate criticism and try to derail the thread with shitposting, or they'd just outright hate on a gen and shitpost anyway.
>>
>>31730761
Depends. If it's Gen 1, 2 or 6 and to some extent Gen 7, it might go well. Don't even touch Gen 5 or 4 though.
>>
>>31730856
>He thinks pointing out flaws in Gen 1 is going to go well
>He thinks pointing out flaws in Gen 4 wont
People generally acknowledge the obvious flaws in a generation, it's only when you try to say that one generation as a whole was better that it really devolves into shitposting. If I say Gen 5 had a shitty experience system mitigated by rustling grass Audinos, I doubt anyone will have a problem with that.
>>
>>31730761
My guess is no
But I'll try

Gen 1
>glitchy as all hell, possible to get stuck and forced to restart your save
>technical limitations of the gameboy left kanto feeling empty and the gameplay barebones
Gen 2
>bad pokemon distribution, new pokemon locked in the post game
>level curve is screwed up
Gen 3
>technical issues prevented old pokemon on GSC from being transferred up
>required buying all main series and a couple side games to complete the pokedex in any of the gens games
Gen 4
>slower than cold molasses, god help you if you try to save after playing for more than an hour
>pokemon distribution fucked, DP with fire types and the cross-gen evos and HGSS having the same issue with johto pokemon only being in kanto as with GSC
>>
Let's make legitimate and objective criticisms.

G1
>bugged as shit
>broken moves
>overpowered psychic type

G2
>empty Kanto
>bad level curve

G3
>encounter rate when surfing
>no day/night
>some very slow sprite animations in Emerald
>retarded villains
>next-to-impossible-to-complete national pokedex

G4
>slow battles
>poor type distribution
>HGSS not improving biggest G2 problems

G5
>poor overworld sprites
>some awkward pokémon sprites animations
>friends popping up at the beginning and the end of each route

G6
>empty areas and pointless teasing
>bad framerate
>poor idle animations
>poor postgame
>bad characters

G7
>linear, as in "awkwardly blocked routes until you go to the right place"
>too many cutscenes
>>
>>31731010
I'll try to reply point by point without starting a jihad

>Gen 1
It's glitchy, but some of them are difficult to trigger. Ghost moves, Energy Conc. and awakening from slepping are the major complaints, but other things like the special stat were as intended by the programmers. The gaemplay being barebones offers a great replayability in comparison to newer gens.

>Gen 2
Pokémon distribution is retarded, nothing to say. The level curve may rise the difficulty of the game in some ways.

>Gen 3
*nods*

>Gen 4
Yep, it's slow. Pokémon distribution was retarded too, but better than gen2. HGSS were very good remakes that unfortunately carried over some issues from the originals.
>>
>>31731044
I agree for all.
Maybe I'll add "Festival Plaza" as a criticism for G7.
>>
>>31731095
Aside from endless grinding and bad ergonomy, it's up to debate.
>>
>>31731044
There's a lot more to be listed for gen 1. And some of your "objective" criticisms aren't really objective because the only words you use to describe certain things are "bad" or "poor."
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.