[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>following Pokémon >fun minigames with good rewards (e.g

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: Reggiegigas.jpg (26KB, 439x301px) Image search: [Google]
Reggiegigas.jpg
26KB, 439x301px
>following Pokémon
>fun minigames with good rewards (e.g Pokéathlon)
>vs seeker
>Battle Frontier
>home customization
>trainer customization
>Black Tower/White Treehollow
>PSS
>DexNav
>horde battles
>Poké Pelago
>trainer card score
>medals
>Join Avenue

Are these all the features we need in one game?
>>
>>31729088
You left out SOS Battles.
>>
>>31729096
SOS battles are bad content and their role is filled by DexNav and hordes collectively.
>>
>>31729100
>Not wanting to be able to DexNav into a horde and then SOS chain until you get a hexaperfect shiny with its hidden ability
Casual.
>>
>>31729100
I'm not him but I think that they are excellent but need to be fixed in a way, possibly by only being triggered after an adrenaline orb? This could let people who want to chain do so and prevent frustration from people who want to catch whatever is there.
Hordes and Dexnav need some changes as well, namely the return of sweet scent and less of the fucking "can't find it here," which is even more irritating than "help didn't appear."
>>
>>31729100
Personally, I prefer SOS to both Hordes and DexNav. Being able to keep the chaining process in a single battle makes it easier to manage, and minimizes the chance of fucking yourself up if you have to sleep the system in the middle of the process.
>>
File: tfw cirno.png (29KB, 176x137px) Image search: [Google]
tfw cirno.png
29KB, 176x137px
>>31729113
>hordes but with SOS
>>
>>31729088
You missed a couple
>Friend Safari
>Hyper Training
>O-Powers
>>
File: 31568487.jpg (108KB, 959x435px) Image search: [Google]
31568487.jpg
108KB, 959x435px
>>31729124
but anon I need friends to use the friend safari
>>
>>31729145
No you don't. you just come on /vp/ and get friend codes here.
>>
>>31729124
>>31729145
Make it a VIP Safari, so you can grab people off of random internet interactions, and we've got something.
>>
>>31729088
-When you use honey/sweetscent 5 pokemon appear, there is also a chance for a horde normaly walking through grass.
-SOS battles also appear randomly. Especialy on baby mons
-Doublegrass from B/W
>>
>>31729124
If friend safari wasn't just little bricks I would be very happy.
>>
>>31729166
You don't need wide open space. Its not meant to be a big area.
>>
>>31729159
Double grass is a good one, even if just for teaching Smeargle moves.
>>
>>31729088
>>following Pokémon
Just bad!Amie, unnecessary fluff.
>>fun minigames with good rewards (e.g Pokéathlon)
Pokeathlon was a shit gimmick used to lock existing content away. HGSS was terrible.
>vs seeker
Or something similar such as Secret Bases.
>Battle Frontier
Has been in every gen since 2, no reason to expect it to leave.
>home customization
Only if you can pick out a home in the overworld, as in gen 3. Underground bases were dogshit and the resort in 5 was worse.
>trainer customization
Obviously.
>Black Tower/White Treehollow
Why would anyone want this useless gimmick to come back?
>PSS
Yes.
>DexNav
God yes.
>horde battles
Very handy though I wouldn't insist on it.
>Poké Pelago
It's a nice little gimmick, for sure.
>trainer card score
Useless.
>>medals
Meh.
>Join Avenue
If it wasn't shit in execution this time, it could be good.
>>
>>31729088
>Refresh with Amie minigames
>Simple quests like Zygarde Cell collection
>SOS battles
>Totem Battles and Trails
Add these to the list.
>>
>>31729088
Add poke ride on the list as well.
>>
>>31729176
No, we don't need wide open space, but say, an area with unlocking areas or a buildable, customizable safari sector.
The little pens felt idiotic in the context of it.
>>
>>31729184
BT/WT is not a useless gimmick, it's the most fun way to grind exp and money the games have had yet.

Trainer card score is good way to show off your e-peen and how much time and work you've put into the game, time played is too easy to cheat by just leaving the game on when you aren't actually playing it.
>>
>>31729088
>dexnav
pls no
this is as bad as help not appearing in SOS, the only worse thing was the pokeradar
>>
>>31729189
>Simple quests like Zygarde Cell collection
I am fine with simple quests but fuck that collect-a-thon
>>
>>31729202
Disagree completely. The small space with a limit of 3 mons is what made it work so well.

Limiting each pen to 3 mons means that you can switch between sets, more importantly, small pool of mons means its easier to find that one you're going for.

I want that again, especially as a method to catch Starters with Hidden Abilities, to also be able to use whatever Ball I want on them.
>>
>>31729234
No fuck you. It gave me a good reason to explore and rewarded me if I did. It was much better than anything we've had for the last 4 to 5 generations. Gen 1 Legendary birds and Gen 2 Lugia were similar, but they were a one time thing. You only got reward once. While you're still only getting one Pokemon, breaking it into pieces and giving the player something little by little was a fucking brilliant idea.
>>
We need Secret Bases back.
>>
>>31729235
And I disagree with you, as you seem to have misunderstood my post completely.

The 3 mon limit was excellent for making people trade codes but the area itself was terrible. I was not arguing that the idea of the FS was bad or that the 3 mon limit, HAs, or FC trading was bad.
I was saying the pen itself is idiotic, especially for calling the "safari," and would have been able to be implemented better, even something as minor as the steel/electric safaris taking place in buildings and the water ones being on an island would have made it better.
>>
>>31729249
I'm fine with it as long as they include a way in-game to track which ones you already found
>>
>>31729190
No, HMs should not come back but we need another solution than Poké Ride.
>>
>>31729266
Like? Items that do HMs work for you?
>>
>>31729266
Pokeride is the best we'll get.
Hell, I bet that HMs will be back if they do a Sinnoh remake for "accuracy," like the mart being reseparated from the centre in ORAS.
>>
>>31729290
At least if this happens, we'd get 3 new TMs to replace Surf, Waterfall and Fly
>>
>>31729088
Why in the hell did they ever drop the Vs. Seeker. Can't they just give us easy no bullshit grinding material every gen?
>>
>>31729249
It sucks if you don't care about Zygarde though, so much to collect for something that doesn't interest you.

Helpful items, small events like the Karate King in Mr. Mortar or the lore in Sea Mauville are better exploration rewards. There needs to be variety to accommodate more people because not everyone likes or cares about Zygarde.
>>
>>31729249
>Pieces could be literally anywhere
>More importantly, some are day/night exclusive, so at the very least you will have to revisit every place you already checked

It's fun when you find the pieces while just exploring, but the day/night thing is stupid.
>>
>>31729184
>Battle Frontier
>Has been in every gen since 2, no reason to expect it to leave.
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>31729266
Alright how about this
Pokeride still exists, but you also get HMs (except this time they are also forgettable like regular TMs). Teach these HMs to your team and the ride will switch from the default pokemon to the pokemon in your team. For example, the default surf pokemon is Lapras, but teach surf to your mantine and having it in your team will switch the overworld surf ride pokemon to mantine.
>>
>>31729324
>Helpful items, small events like the Karate King in Mr. Mortar or the lore in Sea Mauville are better exploration rewards.
Those have been in every game. We don't need those. We already have those. And those last, at best, 10 minutes. Not even comparable to Zygarde quest.
And I'll bet more people care about collecting a Legendary than getting a Tyrogue.
>>
>>31729364
Or how about this:
Make lists of Pokémon internally in the game's code, each list representing a certain HM, such as Surf. If you have any Pokémon on your team that is on that list, aka. big, aquatic and can carry you above water, you can use it as a Surf Ride.

Sun & Moon's PokeRide kinda sucks for basically just giving you an item for every HM. Those aren't even your own Pokémon.
>>
>>31729364
>>31729394
But why? What is the problem with just PokeRide? They aren't your Pokemon? Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>31729394
I like it.
>>
>>31729394
>Make lists of Pokémon internally in the game's code, each list representing a certain HM, such as Surf. If you have any Pokémon on your team that is on that list, aka. big, aquatic and can carry you above water, you can use it as a Surf Ride.
So kind of the same as HM, without a taking a move slot? Worse than PokeRide. It still forces the player to use a Pokemon they otherwise might not want to.
>>
>>31729088
A Dowsing Machine that it's not complete ass

Looking at you, Stoutland
>>
>>31729394
Aint a thing wrong with PokeRide. It takes me back to Pokemon Ranger games which honestly had the most ideal use of pokemon with traveling around and I'm happy gamefreak actually delivered with integrating that of all things into main games. Only complaint I have it Stoutland slowing down when I want to search for shit. Dowsing machines never had to hinder my speed so why start now.
>>
>>31729501
>Aint a thing wrong with PokeRide
The silly music and ride outfit suck though.
>>
>>31729514
Ok yeah that shit needs to go
>>
Just make key items that serve the purpose of HMs, like a surfboard, scuba gear, etc
>>
>>31729550
But then you'd have to open your bag everytime. And fuck binding them on the dpads if bicycle, dowsing machine and fishing rods also came back.
Sure, it's just a minor inconvenience, but fuck that shit.
>>
>>31729569
Far better than Pokeride though, considering it takes up a button and the d-pad
Also, if it prompts you to use the item when needed it'll be fine
>>
>>31729550
Why? Riding Pokemon for the same reason is much better. Riding Pokemon is something literally everyone wanted since the very beginning, and PokeRide finally allows that. Replacing that with Items has no benefit whatsoever, but takes away the fun.
>>
>>31729249
>>31729264
It actually would've been a million times better if some weren't exclusive to day or night. Then at the very least you just had to systematically search every island only once
>>
File: 1458897230825.jpg (49KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1458897230825.jpg
49KB, 600x1067px
>>31729644
>some exclusive to day or night
And here I thought my trek through every route and area in order as I filled up my dex would be ideal for finding them all. I was already 2 islands in but I guess the ride doesn't fucking end.
>>
>>31729100
They just need to happen less. We can force them with adrenaline orbs, just make them rare normally.
>>
>>31729184
>Why would anyone want this useless gimmick to come back?
As a quick method of levelling maybe? You know that thing sun and moon doesn't have.
>>
>>31729202
We had that in HGSS and it was horrendously bad.
>>
>>31729906
No we didn't. I was wanting was the same FS but with customizable looks, possibly having connected areas.
Not the idiotic safari zone of HGSS.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.