[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does turning a Pokemon shiny through powersaves do exactly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0201.png (93KB, 460x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0201.png
93KB, 460x390px
What does turning a Pokemon shiny through powersaves do exactly? Does it alter the bytes enough to make it illegal in pkhex? Does it just change the id? I'm a stickler for legality and my 3ds is fully updated. My saving grace is that I have a powersaves, but if even one thing is off legally about the pokemon I dont want it. What do?
>>
>>31726055
I think it changes the ID on the mon so that the PID makes it shiny
Soundhax should update in a few days tho, just use that
>>
>>31726055
It modifies either the TDI or PDI depending on what option you select. The one that turns it into a traded Pokémon rolls the TDI. The one that modifies IVS is the makes the Pokémon shiny but it's irreversible by retooling the TDI.
It shouldn't be illegal by any means.
>>
>>31726089
And the one that just changed the pid? I mean its pretty much like clicking that star in pkhex right? My whole qualm is that there might be bytes or some data that gets fucked up that cant be seen and makes the pokemon less "real" than one acquired in the cartridge

>>31726075
Soundhax? Whats that?
>>
Powersaves is undetectable, which is why I like powersaves. As long as you don't use the ability and move modifiers to make it illegal, it's 100% legit. I'm not really sure why either your trainer ID or IVs have to be changed to make it shiny, but it's easy enough to fix.
>>
>>31726124
Well the one for oras doesnt change the tid, but the pid. Same thing right? 100% "legit"
>>
>>31726119
Yeah. You can change your IVS anyway so there isn't a drawback to modifying your PDI.
>>
>>31726119
Soundhax is a way to play a hacked sound file using the Nintendo 3DS sound app that comes preinstalled. When 11.3 dropped it was patched, but the sound exploit itself to get homebrew wasn't patched. Once the new payload drops, it's right back to PkHexing for us. It's also possible to go EVEN FURTHER BEYOND and completely replace the 3DS's firmware so you don't have to worry about this stuff. Go to the /ekx/ thread or to 3ds.guide for more info
>>
it makes it shiny, obviously
>>
>>31726322
Hahaha what an answer! Have an updoot kind sir
>>
Would changing its ability to its hidden ability still be legal as well as lets say giving it , the move tutor moves it can learn. Asking because I just bought mine recently
>>
>>31727113
As long as that's legally obtainable, yes
Move tutor moves can only be on Pokemon originating from Gen 6
Some Hidden Abilities haven't been released yet, like Intimidate Incineroar and such
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.