[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I kinda hate Z-Moves, I don't use them at all in competitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1486266055256.png (367KB, 509x433px) Image search: [Google]
1486266055256.png
367KB, 509x433px
I kinda hate Z-Moves, I don't use them at all in competitive battling, but for christ's sake, it's fucking stupid how they throw a 180 BP move and you can only survive it if your pokemon has a resistance to that move.

Damn.
>>
Guardian of Alola never kill any enemies even if my opponent has 4x weakness to Fairy what the fuck
>>
>>31721869
The only thing I dislike about them is how stupid most of them look. Gamefreak is monumentally lazy so they couldnt be assed to animate the pokemon even moving slightly for some of them, some of them are REALLY kiddy, the dance is stupid, and the text and puns in the names are ugly and dumb.
>>
>>31721892
Gee I wonder why
>>
>>31721896
Twinkle Tackle is the bane of my fucking existence.
>>
>>31721918
Yeah, seriously. It just looks so fucking dumb. I was okay with Fairy as a type at first, but then they really just made it into the "Fag" type.
>>
>>31721892
I really hope this is bait
>>
>>31721892
Guardian of Alola should've been an OHKO move that never misses
>>
>>31721918
Same here. I can get past the name. Maybe even the pose. But the animation I can't stand because there IS no animation. The pokemon literally just slides up without any movement whatsoever, tilts side to side then somehow blasts the opponent into space without even using an attacking animation.
>>
>>31721869
Z-moves are literally improved gems(makes shit like Hyper Beam and Splash worthwhile) except they can't be Knocked Off so a Terrakion holding a Z-crystal can sponge Knock Off's all day and hell breaks lose.

They're great.
>>
>>31721869
You say this as if the majority of mons can survive more than two hits of anything anyway.

Dumb thread.
>>
>>31721975
Z-Moves are awesome! They take away some of the more annoying drawbacks out there.
>First Draco Meteor you use is Z-Boosted ,so it doesn't drop your SpA
>Same thing on Superpower, Leaf Storm, V-Create, and Fleur cannon
>Use Fightium-Z so you can make sure at least one of your Focus Blasts hit
>Also does its job making your Thunder, Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, Focus Punch (lol), High Jump Kick, and Stone Edge hit when you REALLY need it to (and get a little extra power)
>Lets you have the extra power to break a wall, and if you're using an Ultra Beast or Moxie user, or, hell Magearna, you can get power boosts and get a sweep going.
>Allows almost anyone to be a wallbreaker since stallfags have to fear random Z-moves all over the place
Z-moves are the best thing to happen to this game since weather was nerfed.
>>
>>31721896
Worst part is that you can't skip the cutscenes that come with them.
>>
>>31721896
Wait a minute, what if the running animations that were found for all the Pokemon were for Z-moves?
>>
>>31721896
>18 types times 800 pokemon = 14400 animations
wew laddie
>inb4 not every pokeman can learn all types
true, but still who'd go through all this shit for so little
>>
>>31722163
And you're not even taking formes into account.
>>
>>31721975
Terrakion can sponge Knock Offs
Terrakion has Justified and resists Knock Off. If you're using Terrakion and get hit by a knock off, realistically you're gonna be pretty damn happy regardless of what item you just lost.
>>
>>31722556
Yeah but now with Z-Crystals, you lose nothing while attempting to get a boost from a Knock Off. Its the perfect anti-utility mon.
>>
>>31721869
You are fucking retarded, Z-Moves are better than Megas, they can turn a low tier mon like Porygon-Z into a killer machine with Z-Conversion.
>>
>>31722761
>UU last gen
>Low tier
Meanwhile Mawile goes from PU to Uber
I think Megas are garbage, but what you're saying is false.
>>
>>31722102
god this,same with mega evolutions.
just show a bright flash instead.
>>
>>31721918
it made me die laughing when i first used it, so i guess that's what counts
>>
Stoked Sparksurfer is the best one
>>
>>31722761
name five other mons from previous gens that are actually made notably better by a Z-Move like Porygon Z is
Porygon Z is the exception, not the rule
>>
>>31722761
>they can turn a low tier mon [...] into a killer machine
That's literally exactly what Mega Evolution does.
>Kangaskhan: NU to Uber
>Pinsir: NU to OU
>Ampharos: PU to UU
>Mawile: PU to Uber
>Manectric: NU to OU
>Beedrill: PU to UU
>Pidgeot: PU to BL
>Altaria: PU to BL
>Lopunny: PU to OU
>Gallade: RU to BL
>Aggron: NU to UU
(Comparison between non-Mega and Mega in Gen VI tiers)

Why don't you give me a similar list but with Z-moves instead of Mega Evolution? Protip: you fucking can't.
>>
>>31721896
>Toucannon flaps his wings when starting the flying Z-Move
>Folds his wings up and just motion tweens into the sky

Every fucking time.
>>
>>31723321
Salamence
Dragonite
Xerneas
Mew
Heatran
>>
>>31723176
To be fair though the mega cutscene is more than half of XYORAS's lenght now.
>>
>>31723457
You forgot Gyarados. Shoved into BL for Moxie set with Supersonic Skystrike off of Bounce
>>
>>31723924
Thanks
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.