[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"how to make Fennekin line's hidden ability not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1481903961184.gif (3MB, 352x407px) Image search: [Google]
1481903961184.gif
3MB, 352x407px
>"how to make Fennekin line's hidden ability not shit" discussion #3582
>people seriously suggest something that raises speed or blocks priority moves
Why? Wizards aren't known for being quick on the draw. Yes, there are specific spells in specific editions of D&D that let you go first, but wizards in general get interrupted very often. A long casting time and risk of interruption is a common way to make spells powerful but balanced in games.
>>
>>31721151
It should've gotten a protean clone
It's a magician, it can cast an elemental aura to increase its power according to the spell it's gonna use.
Makes as much sense as greninja getting it because ninjas can camouflage
>>
>>31721151
I would like magician more if it at least worked like a built-in trick. Like, you have choice specs and use psychic on a physical attacker to lock them and deal damage at the same time. Sadly delphox is too fragile for doing this kind of shit in front of physical attackers.

Maybe magician could make it so that whenever you hit something with an attack, the target's item becomes the same as the user's item. So say you run a scarf delphox, you hit each foe once and they all get locked into the first move they use.
>>
File: 1455062178409.gif (208KB, 312x322px) Image search: [Google]
1455062178409.gif
208KB, 312x322px
>>31721151
>lewd fox
>>
>>31721151
Magician should give every attack a knock off effect (without the damage boost of course)
>>
>>31721213
Perhaps a hypothetical ability that is to Effect Spore what Magician is to Pickpocket? Wizards are great at status conditions.
>>
>>31721385
You could just make it a slightly better Serene Grace. It would then increase the chance of secondary debuff or status
>>
File: 1478483053164.png (62KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1478483053164.png
62KB, 700x700px
>>31721424
I guess, but Mystical Fire's debuff doesn't have a random chance, so that's one more incentive to use Flamethrower instead.
>>
Psychic Surge
>>
Give it an ability that makes it swap stats with its opponent as long as its on the field. (the ability fails if the opponent is higher-level)
>>
>>31721584
What the fuck are you smoking.
>>
>>31721151
Technician or psychic surge
>>
>>31721151
Magic Guard, Fur Coat, Competitive... There are a LOT of things better than fucking Magician, especially when Delphox already gets Trick and Switcheroo.
>>
>>31721151
Red herb solar beam is the only way to use its HA
>>
>Clarity
>Boosts this Pokemon's Special Attack and Accuracy by one stage each if it uses a special attack or status move and is not targeted this turn.
>>
So, Fennekin doesn't have any flinch moves, right? How about Seren Grace? Fire attacks more likely to burn, Psybeam more likely to confuse, Psychic more likely to cut SpD, sounds like a good match to me.
>>
give it fluffy
>>
>>31721151
how about of something like mummy:

Frog spell

When a Pokémon with this Ability hit other Pokemon with a special move, the Ability of the Pokémon will become Frog. Besides spreading Frog in battle, the Ability does not have any other effect.
>>
>Spellshield

>When the pokemon becomes afflicted with a status condition it gets +1 spatk and the status condition is removed.

Now that i think about it, starters only have blaze/torrent/overgrow and their HA right? Why don't they give them an actual secondary ability and make your in-game starter always have blaze/torrent/overgrow?
>>
>>31724586
I like dat
>>
>>31721151
Change magician to magic guard or magic bounce. Gib nasty plot or some form of recovery.
>>
>>31721151
Make Magician work with Gems properly, and its Niche enough.
>>
>>31721151
Problem with buffing magician is hoopa has it as well, and klefki, so you don't want to buff it to the point those would be completely assbroke.
>>
>>31721151
Make Magician be an integrated Knock Off

>>31728130
I love Hoopa but he is a Mystic so GF gives zero shits about him
>>
>>31728130
>Implying anyone will run Anything over Prankster for Klefki
>>
>>31728200
if magician was this >>31721317 you'd sure as shit see it at least as much as prankster. Pure chaos.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.