[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How we fix Tapus and their Terrains? They're awfully overpowered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 3

File: 1486503405654.png (219KB, 456x271px) Image search: [Google]
1486503405654.png
219KB, 456x271px
How we fix Tapus and their Terrains?

They're awfully overpowered and centralizing. It's like giving Drizzle to Keldeo.
>>
>>31717917

Hold item that automatically sets up terrain when the holder switches in.

If everybody has terrain, nobody does.
>>
no need to fix them. Just have Pokemon to make use of the opponent's terrain added to the ones who take advantage of your terrains of course.
>>
>>31717917
Remove them from the games
Megas, Z-moves and genies too
>>
>>31717917
Nah, they're fine. There's actually some rock-paper-scissors going on there so they're not nearly as bad as Landorus.
>>
Decrease Lele speed
Nerf horn leech
Don't let fini learn swagger
Koko is fine
>>
>>31717962
>le cancer chicken of unlimited momentum
Kokofag detected.
>>
>>31717962
Lele isn't even that fast and its offensive typing isn't amazing. Koko has better offensive typing but worse offensive stats since bad physical movepool, outside of Thunderbolt/Volt Switch it's not gonna hit that hard.

If anything it feels like GF actually put some effort into making these things more or less balanced.

It's been a while since there's been a good Psychic type, the Tapus are fine. Nowhere near as bad as genies.
>>
>>31717984
I don't use tapus or ultra beasts. I think you are butthurt cause you don't know how to use a fucking earthquake
>>
>>31718015
Metagross is the only steel that won't mind boosted Psychics.

Lele is much stronger than Gardevoir was.
>>
>>31717917
Either remove their fairy typings or make the Terrain become like Primal weathers as in they are only active when the Tapu is out and deactivates when they leave the field.
>>
>>31717929
Not to mention, no more Scarf Tapu Lele bullshit or Tapu Bulu 2OHKOing what should be a switch-in
>>
>>31718015
>the Tapus are fine. Nowhere near as bad as genies.
It's amazing how the genies meme has been so deeply ingrained that people refuse to believe the Tapus are more cancerous than the genies.

Never in my whole life I've ever thought "Shit, I don't have a Landorus-T counter" because Landorus despite being so good chances are you'll have at the very least one check for it if you make a half-decent team. Short of making a shitty team on purpose or a joke gimmicky team you'll literally always have something that can put a stop to it one way or another.

With the Tapus? I don't have that luxury, specially Lele.

Lele has completely killed priority and fighting types and Fini has completely killed status moves. That's two play styles and 1 type completely made useless thanks to the Tapus. Oh, and let's not forget how there's pretty much no reason to use other fairies anymore because of how overwhelmingly good the Tapus are too.

Fuck off with your genies are cancer and the Tapus are totally balanced meme.
>>
>>31718107
Thanks. The genies meme got too far, even in VGC.

In VGC genies were mostly used to stop bullshit like Kangaskhan and Salamence from running over your team.

Terrains are just too strong and can support the whole team.
>>
>>31718292
this
just give them auras instead of terrains if you have to do something
>>
>>31717917
nerf the boost, seriously that's the only problem
>>
The terrain boosts are too strong, it's like they all have Gen 6 Parental Bond, normalize them to 1.2x instead of 1.5x.
>>
>>31717917

Tapus are now the first mon to have two abilities at once, their terrain ability and levitate.
>>
>>31718392
But Terrains ARE like several abilities, Koko for example has an Electric Adaptability and Insomnia.
>>
Nerf Fairy. I'm not one of those retards that scream about fairies being broken but a little nerf wouldn't really make it bad
>>
>>31718107
>Fini has completely killed status moves
that's just straight up wrong
sleep is kill because both koko and fini counters it, para is kill because of the huge nerf it got, making it near useless, but burn is still as useful as it was before
>>
Except for the damage nerf it got, that is.
>>
>>31718463
Agreed. It needs another weakness and a few other types need to resist it. As it currently stands, Fairy is just a better Psychic type, since it can hit Dark types.
Offensive Poison still doesn't really exist, so that leaves only Steel type to serve both defensive and offensive.
>>
>>31718463
They should make it weak to Ice. It fits (think fairy kingdom vs castle of the villain, which is always shrouded in a blizzard) and it would help Ice a bit.
>>
>>31718582
Either Ice or Fire would be good choices (since the latter can be used by man to destroy land in order to build on, and it can get out of control really quickly (wildfires)).

Fire really doesn't have much, or hasn't had much presence lately, excluding Heatran iirc.
>>
>>31717917
How do we fix terrains? We don't, they're not broken. There are dozens of pokemon who can learn terrain moves, and nobody runs them except the tapus. And nobody runs Terrain extender. Tapus are good on their own, the terrains are just boosts
>>
>>31718015
>Nowhere near as bad as genies
>calrissian is the only genie in OU
>bulu, the least used tapu, is sitting at 12% usage
uh huh
>>
Nerf terrain boost to 1.3x instead of 1.5x and make them last one turn less would probably work. And in my opinion, have psychic terrain mitigate priority damage rather than negating it.
>>
>>31718598
>Either Ice or Fire
Why not both?
Most types have between 3 and 5 weakness.

Go ahead and remove fire's resistance to ice too. Ice was fine in gen 1, gen 2 ruined it and gen 6 murdered it.
>>
>>31718582
Ice does not need more super effectives, it needs more resists. Grass needs more super effectives.
>>
>>31718107
>Lele has completely killed priority and fighting types and Fini has completely killed status moves
All wrong, fighting types have been dead a long time and everyone still uses priority and Burn and Toxic still exist and are heavily used. Para is more dead but the nerf is mostly the reason.
>>
>>31718636
Vs 40% usage for genie boy? Yeah seems reasonable.
>>
>>31718582
Make it weak to Psychic instead
>>
>>31718619
>switch in something to remove Psychic Terrain
>still have to eat a 130 special Psychic at full power

Yes they're broken.
>>
>>31718710
>Switch in a dark, get a free turn
Huh, really?
>>
>>31718693
he's comparing the LEAST used tapu to the MOST used genie to highlight the difference.

the least used genie is below 1% in ou. genies in general are less centralizing than tapus and furthermore less of a threat and more of "something to deal with"
>>
File: 1484276530271.jpg (77KB, 575x350px) Image search: [Google]
1484276530271.jpg
77KB, 575x350px
>>31718716
Enjoy your Moonblast.
>>
>>31717929
Pheromosa would break Psychic Terrain entirely.
>>
>>31718737
So that means that FOUR tapus are usable, meaning they brought much more variety to the table and are substantially less centralizing than Landorous, who overshadows even his own brothers.
>>
>>31718743
After the 2 turns of swap right? Because everyone runs Lele with scarf. And if they don't, I can outspeed a base 95.Or I could use Pursuit So I have time to set up, set out a new terrain, eat a sandwich,fuck gardevoir and do whatever else I want to
>>
>>31718766
whoa what happened to my goalposts howd they get all the way over there

tapus killed resttalk and priority. that's not "bringing variety."
>>
>>31717917
How are they centralizing? They each counter each other and each support plenty of ways to play
>>
>>31718463
>Resisted by Ice,Grass
>Weak to Fire
>>
>>31718781
Prediction is a thing you know...

Only Metagross is a safe switch in. Either way, you're not getting rid of its terrain by switching in a dark type.
>>
>>31718782
They did not kill either of those. Everyone uses Priority still and rest talk is still a thing because anything bulky enough to pull it off well can fuck over Fini fine. Also, they each support plenty of different teams and they counter each other.
>>
>>31718781
> Because everyone runs Lele with scarf
how's elo treating you buddy?
>>
>>31718782
I don't know, maybe you should stop moving them.

Tapus are less centralizing than genies, it's just a fact. UBs are all over the place too. You just have to accept that gen 7 made better pokemon than gen 5 did.
>>
Send the Tapus up to rot, distribute the Surge abilities to Pokemon that don't occupy a niche and could use the boost
>>
>>31718619
>There are dozens of pokemon who can learn terrain moves
Here's the problem retard, using the terrain takes a turn
Unless you're using Tapus
>>
>>31718831
No shit? Really? And terrain is why people use those? That's why everyone uses Terrain Extender right?
>>
>>31718825
>grassy terrain setter with quiver dance
no
>>
>>31718853
>50 Speed
It's fine
>>
>>31718853
The game is beyond salvage now, might as well cut the bullshit and go with the flow. Power creeck is inevitable from now on.
>>
>>31718808
it's over 50% usage at 0, 1500, 1695, and 1825 alike

>>31718804
tapu fini isn't the only one that affects sleep and tapu koko hits a lot harder than fini. and you can't pretend priority is half the threat it used to be.

>>31718813
i like the gen 7 mons better than the gen 5 mons, but that doesn't mean they're healthy for the meta. all they need is a slight nerf to terrain though, not a total rework so i guess in that sense they're better. thank goodness for their learnsets.

>>31718825
that looks nice but i'd love a terrain nerf first to roughly the effect of >>31718682

>>31718838
they're rarely out for 8 turns and you don't want to (for instance) prevent priority moves by your team once lele is off the field, so 5 turns can be better (and if you use terrain extender you can't use a scarf, obviously). your point does NOT mean terrains aren't the problem, it means you aren't thinking about the opportunity cost of using terrain extender.
>>
>>31718825
I'd be ok with this.

Auto weather is fine because most pokemon that gets it is weak.

Paralysis already got ruined because of Thundurus, I'd rather not ruin more fun strategies because GF is stupid and gives them to legendaries.
>>
>>31717917
We don't.

Bring gems back and make weather infinite again. This meta is looking like gen 5 already, so let's just go further beyond
>>
>>31719092
i feel that weather should last 5-8 turns or until the setter leaves the field, whichever happens second. happy medium.
>>
>>31718996
The best you can do is nerf the existing abilities and give a stronger terrain ability to the weaker ones
>>
>>31717917
Make it so Defog removes Terrains.
>>
>>31719242
mite b okay
>>
>>31719203
Or simply replace them with other abilities.

Koko: Static
Fini: Clear Body
Lele: Synchronize
Bulu: Intimidate
>>
>>31717917
If you remocve them then yo uwill have
>Too slow
>Bad stabs
>Bad typing
>Outclassed
>>
>>31719873
>bad typing
good joke bulu is the only one with a bad typing because >grass
>>
>>31719790
Ugh, staticfor Koko? At least lightningrod or motordrive. and Fini should get like hydration or something. Why would it get clear body? And I always imagined Lele getting prankster, but synch works fine.
>>
>>31719909
>motordrive koko
I AM BECOME SPEED
>>
>>31719878
Lele's typing isn't that great
>>
>>31719909
>Why would it get clear body?
>The guardian deity of Poni, it can control water. People say it can create pure water that will wash away any uncleanness.

Anyway, there's countless legendaries with average abilities.
>>
>>31719909
lrod would make koko straight up broken, free switch in + turn to CM
>>
>>31719873
Better have things be underpowered than broken.
>>
>>31717962
>Bulu needs nerfing but Koko is fine

I think someone likes a certain tapu a little too much to stay objective
>>
>>31717917
Lower their primary stat by 20.
Koko goes from 130 speed to 110.
Bulu goes from 130 attack to 110.
Lele goes from 130 spAtt to 110.
Either nerf Fini's HP from 70 to 50, or remove Defog.
>>
>>31717917
Make more terrains and even better Tapus to go along with them. I'll start.
>Spooky Terrain
>boosts Ghost moves by 50% and inverts healing into damage also changes LO recoil into recovery and makes Ghost Curse restore HP for both the user and the target
>Tapu that sets it gets 130 Sp. Attack and 115 Speed
Boom, now Stall is invalidated.
>>31718015
>It's been a while since there's been a good Psychic type
Psychic was the most common type in OU for most of ORAS. Mega Evolution was extremely kind to the Psychic type, both in terms of the number of Psychics who got viable Megas and in how the mechanic lessened the damage they took from Knock Off.
Ignoring Megas, we got Hoopa-Unbound last gen and Gothitelle the gen before who was good enough in Gen VI to get Shadow Tag banned. Reuniclus was OU in Gen V as well.
>>
>>31720575
Yes, let's kill more strategies with even more overpowered shit. Great solution.
>>
>>31720596
Exactly. Make it so that nothing is viable other than Tapu spam.
Give them all Megas, too, so the cancer can metastasize to Ubers as well.
>>
>tapus
Ban them
>surges
Give them to some regular Pokemon too
>>
>>31718015
You don't really understand competitive pokemon so please stop posting.
>>
>>31717917
Buff them even more

Make them so hideously overpowered they get banned with M-Rayquaza
>>
>>31720596
>stall
>strategy
pick one
>>
>>31717917
>gf hates weather wars and nerfs it
>makes these terrain fuckers too good
>>
Simple.
Poison tipped rocks.
Stealth rocks, but deals poison type damage.
Also poisons if one of the Pokemon's types are weak to poison (even if neutral overall). Badly poisons if 4x.
>>
>>31717939
I'd like this. Especially the megas
>>
>>31718107
So much this
>>
>>31720863
Heals health if pokemon switched in his poison type
>>
>>31720512
>Bulu goes from 130 attack to 110.
Nah, Bulu needs all the power it can get. Grass is quite a commonly resisted type which is why they made Bulu have the firepower to break through resists.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.