[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Pokémon Sun, I want to say that I loved the cast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 856e676e284d3e8ac785a55b8d28aaff.jpg (140KB, 1050x1120px) Image search: [Google]
856e676e284d3e8ac785a55b8d28aaff.jpg
140KB, 1050x1120px
Just finished Pokémon Sun, I want to say that I loved the cast of characters the best out of any Pokémon game. Everyone was memorable in both design and character and most of them managed to avoid feeling one-note even with limited screentime. Lillie had amazing development and I ended up loving her, Gladio's smile cures cancer and while Lusamine is a complete ripoff of Ragyo Kiryuin, I didn't expect them to put such a character in Pokémon in the first place so she still surprised me. Acerola is my daughteru, she's my favorite.

Haven't been on /vp/ since the games came out, what's the general consensus on the cast? Are some more well-liked than others?
>>
>>31706458

Yeah Sun and Moon had the largest memorable cast of characters, and more side characters got development than any game thus far.

Unfortunately the focus on cinematic aspect of the game seems to have detracted from other areas.

Despite the story having the most character development so far, the plot falls weirdly flat after you evolve Cosmoem and beat Lusamine. It just ends. That's it, then go back to Lanakila and take a brisk walk to the Pokemon League. The pacing got fucked up at the end there.
>>
>>31706543
>Villain's threat was purely a self contained family issue that had no major consequences until after you defeat her
>Even then Ultra Beasts don't pose any threat and you just look around some grass from them

Game Freak could have made hunting Ultra Beasts a cool conflict that wasn't just lame as fuck roaming battles. And the Ice Mountain was an unsatisfying Victory Road. They literally tied everything up into a severly boring endgame bundle. You go through Poni Canyon as a replacement VR and then face the legendary, the villain and the Pokemon League consecutively after. So immensely disappointing and rushed as shit. This game feels incomplete.
>>
>>31706666
Nice quads.

OP here, I haven't played the postgame yet and I agree the UBs were underused in the main story (the Tapus too), but I didn't really feel the endgame was rushed. Vast Poni Canyon acted as Victory Road as you said, and it made sense for there to be less fanfare about the Pokémon League since it was just established. It wasn't the most climactic as a result, but I liked it anyway. Also I refused to level grind and Kukui was a really tough hurdle, his mons were about 12 levels above mine and it took a lot of effort to bring him down.
>>
>>31706458
>general consensus
Lillie is the single worst thing to happen to Pokemon and /vp/ would torture her to death if it was possible, Lusamine is shit because she's just evil and doesn't present any deep themes like "everything isn't black and white", Gladion is a Silver rip-off, the story was shit and no one cared about it and just wanted to skip all cutscenes, the customization sucks, the ridemons suck, the region sucks, there was no challenge, Totem battles and trails were shit, everything was rushed, it has barely any content to keep you entertained and what is there is mind-numbingly boring.
>>
>>31706704
>Got quads
Nice. And I can see where you're coming from with the League not being sensationalized in a satisfying. It felt like you were asked to be the first beta tester which I thought was kinda cool. I just wish the path to get there was a bit more complex. In fact I wish every part of Alola's map was more complex than the overall straight line we recieved. A real step down from the caves and routes of previous games.

>>31706745
Gladion was a much better done Silver and an overall great character and rival. Lillie was a fine character but the story revolving around her was a bit much. I agree Lusamine as a villain was greatly squandered but the whole story was actually pretty good.
>>
>>31706799
Nice dubs.

Yeah, Alola was very simple to traverse unfortunately. I liked having Ride Pokémon over HMs but even then there isn't that much to use them on. That said, I've become used to overly linear and simple routes since gen 5 so I wasn't really expecting anything different. Still wish we can get something more complex in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>31706799
Just giving what /vp/ thinks. There's at least two threads of people just to shitting on SM everyday. There's also a good amount of threads that are made specifically to shit on Lillie, with her being nothing more than just generic waifu bait with no personality or character, her development is nothing more than saying "Mother you're a poopyhead". Gladion is just an edgy faggot, a blatant, shitter rip-off of Silver who has no reason to exist other than appeal to edgelords who will think he's cool. The story was nothing but cutscenes serving no purpose other than push more waifu faggotry down your throat and is overall shit.
>>
>>31706853
>Just giving what /vp/ thinks
Because /vp/ is one person
>>
>>31706799
>the story revolving around her was a bit much
I really don't mind that. Story revolving around a character that can speak or will have some development is MUCH better than it being focused on just the silent protagonist or no one. Lillie played a role similar to that of Dagger in FFIX, but with Zidane being made silent.
>>
>>31706853
OP here. I think /vp/ vastly overglorifies gen 5 (BW1 in particular) while shitting too much on XY, so it wouldn't surprise me if the general consensus was against SM. Guess I'll have to stick around a couple weeks and get a feel for it myself.
>>
>>31706872
Because it is what I see everywhere. Even in threads completely unrelated to talking about SM.
>>
>takes the hundreds of anti-SM posts as a sign that everyone hates SM
>ignores the at least equal amount of pro-SM posting

Here's your (you)
>>
>>31706853
>Person whose entire character is about trying to discover her very own identity by breaking away from her mother has no personality
>Guy who acts like an edgy asshole because he wants to protect his best friend but slowly comes to trust others is worse the irredeemably edgy cunt that is Silver
Nah, their entire family was pretty alright. Lusamine being a crazy bitch who wanted to make a personal coddling zoo was a great change of pace from other villains too, but her role as villain was still rather boring and inconsequential.
>>
File: 1486273659331.gif (3MB, 390x357px) Image search: [Google]
1486273659331.gif
3MB, 390x357px
>>31706896
>criticize anything about BW
>get told you're just mad because you can't have a team of 6 gen 1 mons
Fucking hate when this happens
>>
>>31706458
The character and story writing in SM is terrible, Nanu is the only character who is even close to being good.
>>
SM had good characters for a Pokemon game. Nanu, Gladion, and Acerola are among them.

Lillie was...okay, I guess. If this game was about her (which it kinda was) I was hoping that she actually got to be in some battles (like tag doubles or something), instead of being a main character and then having you do all the work. The relationship between the cover legendary and the protagonist is strange because it's not like Gen 5 or 6, where it wants to be with you, but it isn't like the other gens where you just walk up because you're have to stop it. You're just literally a second pick, which made me not want to use it.

Gladion in particular, is quite different and from Silver (Johtofag here). Silver is lashing out due to neglect, while Gladion is trying to stop his own mother, which involved him actually struggling to command null on his own and living by himself, away from his (probably) wealthy lifestyle. Although I think he took a lot of money with him for the motel. He's quite decent and I wish I saw more of him and less of his sister.
>>
"Oh man, someone has a legitimate reason to be irritated and angry? TOO EDGY FOR ME. BTW I hate Hau too" - literally everyone complaining about Sun and Moon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.