[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm scared. I feel like Sun & Moon are the "Fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: Save me from this curse.png (159KB, 315x319px) Image search: [Google]
Save me from this curse.png
159KB, 315x319px
I'm scared. I feel like Sun & Moon are the "Fire Emblem Awakening" of the Pokemon series.
>>
>>31706356
Then you better stop playing famalam
>>
>>31706356
>I feel like Sun & Moon are the "Fire Emblem Awakening" of the Pokemon series
OP please elaborate.
>>
I think you meant X and Y
>>
Awakening was a better game
>>
>>31706371
not OP, but OP probably means how Awakening changed the standard of the FE series thanks to sales while dividing some fans that prefer the older style of the games vs. the new ones.
>>
>>31706356
If that means next game will be a Fates of pokemon and one after that a remake of a coveted Classic.... Then by all means, sign me up.

I can see it already. 2 versions, 2 regional dexes (about 80 new mons each game), 2 interchangeable plots. Too bad GF is the worst what could've happened code-wise lately. ;(
>>
At least FE was able to stablize after Fates, and IS was able to get of their cash high.
>>
this entire thread is too smart for me
>>
>>31706381
Was about to say this.
But at least pokemon still has its spinoffs, yeah? There's always those to look forward to.
>>
>>31706406
yep, that's exactly what sun and moon did.
>>
>>31706439
What do you mean?
>>
>>31706356
>Alex Jones

I wanna drop the newest PJW redpill from his channel but posting /pol/ shit on /vp/ got me banned once.
>>
S/M are the Sonic 06 of Pokemon
>>
>>31706356
>mfw awakening was my first FE game
>mfw really enjoyed fates
S-should I play the older games?
>>
>>31706756
dw Anon I'm in the same boat as you, I started with Awakening too.
>>
>>31706756
Yes, I'd say you should.
>>
>>31706715
Cause it doesn't belong here. One Alex Jones picture shouldn't be a cause for you to open the floodgates on shit nobody wants to hear you talk about.
>>
>I feel like Sun & Moon are the "Fire Emblem Awakening" of the Pokemon series

You mean in the sense of having waifus?
>>
>>31706756
just play conquest on hard faggot
>>
File: 1.jpg (27KB, 348x197px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27KB, 348x197px
>>31706422
>At least FE was able to stablize after Fates, and IS was able to get of their cash high.
Hahaha no
>>
>>31706892
oh, really? even if it shouldn't, why post Alex Jones in the first place? and true, it doesn't belong here but that's exactly how symbolism and icons work. why post Alex Jones and expect people not to talk about his stuff? if anything, OP is at fault for not posting a pic that has to do with Pokemon in the slightest. it's just common sense, you know? but then they're wondering why somebody tries to derail their thread and why it's literally bound to happen because they let it happen in the first place. you have to realize that's just how it is.
>>
But Fire emblem awakening was a good game
>>
>>31707455
Kek. Nobody is forcing anybody to discuss Alex Jones. Don't try to put the blame on OP just because you and every other faggot on 4chan lacks the self-control/discipline to stay on topic.
>>
>>31707493
>Don't try to put the blame on OP

how could I not? he started it by posting Alex Jones. you can't even deny that. but of course it's not that important being thoughtless and all, even if it's just /vp/, so I was trying to make people like OP think rather than come off as trying too hard to spark a conversation about AJ. I'm off.
>>
>>31706472
No it didn't, Sun and Moon play the exact same way as every other game in the series. There's no real change or additional mechanics to the series that substantially affect it any way. If anything XY are the Awakening of the series and SM the Fates.
>>
Fire Emblem was on its death bed and would have been canned if not for Awakening miraculously over-performing. All the FE vets that bitch about it need to get their heads out their asses.
>>
>>31707585
Trials, Totem Pokemon, SOS and Z-Moves are all pretty big additions.

Granted, I agree that the gameplay is exactly the same for the most part, but this is probably the most ambitious Game Freak has ever been.
>>
>>31707605
I'm not a vet. I played Awakening first and almost quit the series because of it but decided to pick up Fates because I was bored and had nothing else to buy. There were some things I liked better in Fates over Awakening but there were still obviously problems. Some people told me to go back and play some of the older ones and the difference is clear.
>>
>>31707455
When someone starts a thread with an anime reaction image, it isn't expected that the thread will derail into a discussion of the anime.

OP doesn't even necessarily know who Alex Jones is. He might just have thought it was a funny reaction image of a scared man.
>>
>>31707626
My point is that even if you don't like the new direction FE has gone in, it's still better than the alternative. Which is the series being dead.
>>
>>31707660
That's...not actually something everyone's going to agree with. Not everything needs to be an ongoing series, after all. The older games don't gain anything from newer ones being released, after all.

For some people, the series continuing on because Awakening was so successful has no benefits. The continuation of the series means nothing in and of itself, but the fact that it has continued--and succeeded!--by departing wildly from what they love basically tramples on the name of what they enjoyed. They would prefer to have no new games and just replay the old ones, rather than to hear people talk about loving Fire Emblem while hating the games that they consider core to the series.
>>
>>31707614
>Trials
Shit, boring, dont take much time to complete
>Totem Pokemon
Even more shit, even more boring, you whats next
>SOS
Will be ditched in Gen 8 just like mass encounter from Gen 6
>Z-Moves
Will be ditched in Gen 8 just like Megas

Keep calm all other SuMo fags. There is nothing good SuMo stands for.
>>
>>31707660
How the fuck do you figure that when the quality of different aspects of the series has gone down significantly and noticeably since Awakening? I'm convinced we'll never get another Fire Emblem game with a decent plot.
>>
>>31707720
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEEEEE
Literally no one "hates" the old games btw, except the ones that deserve hate like Radiant Dawn and Blazing Blade
Some might say they're difficult and intimidating though, in which case who gives a shit, in any other case you'd say "git gud" and move on
If a series gets popular by deviating from its established norm then that means less people like the norm than those that like the deviation. You're in the minority. Either accept it or whine till you croak, your opinion is insignificant to Nintendo and IntSys anyway

>>31707806
FE plots have always been shit
If you're playing FE for the story you're a retard
Seriously
Yeah Awakening's plot sucked but Fates was tolerable, no worse than the stories of half the series
>>
>>31707857
>FE plots have always been shit
>If you're playing FE for the story you're a retard
>Seriously
>Yeah Awakening's plot sucked but Fates was tolerable, no worse than the stories of half the series

>Since it's been shit for the majority of time it should stay shit REEEEEE

And no, Fates plot was worse than Awakening.
>>
>>31706756
>>31706847
Play the GBA games. If permadeath worries you I recommend a walkthrough and savestates.
>>
>>31706356
That was XY. The problem is that Gamefreak ain't going back to the way they make older games and remakes will follow the way of the new games. ORAS just proved that.
>>
>>31707945
You said "another FE game with a decent plot"
I informed you there was no such thing as an FE game with a decent plot
My argument has nothing to do with "staying shit"
>>
>>31707720
>The older games don't gain anything from newer ones being released, after all.

>what is Echoes

Older games getting remakes is something that can still happen. Especially with the series approaching 30.
>>
>>31708081
This is why I laugh when I see the things people expect out of a D/P remake. Yes, that's right. D/P remake, not Pt. The salt will be glorious. I expect we'll get another Battle Maison reskin in the D/P remakes as well.
>>
File: tumblr_msp986SiQT1sfyzjao1_500.jpg (106KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msp986SiQT1sfyzjao1_500.jpg
106KB, 500x667px
>Awakening
>Saves the entire franchise from destruction
>Fantastic plot and gameplay
>Husbandos and waifus everywhere
>Great soundtrack
>One of the best 3DS games ever made

I don't see what your problem is OP.
>>
>>31707614
I think the worst was the handholding. Absolutely fucking terrible. All the gameplay mechanics would have been great if the game actually let me play it without mountains of dialogue, waypoints, and the shit-tier anime plot.
>>
>>31709459
>>Fantastic plot and gameplay

Plot is average at best and gameplay is terrible and unbalanced.

>>31709459
>>Husbandos and waifus everywhere

I should've never responded. This is why so many older FE fans see Awakeningfags as a joke.

>>31709459
>Great soundtrack

Nope. Fates's soundtrack shits all over Awakening's.

>>31709459
>>One of the best 3DS games ever made

Not even close.
>>
>>31707605
Except no more FE would be preferable to Awakening, though I'm glad we got Conquest at least.
>>
>>31709538
Why'd you quote his post 4 separate times
>>
>>31707857
>Radiant Dawn deserves hate
delet this
>>
File: 1479110256030.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479110256030.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
>>31707766
can you fuck off please
>>
>>31707766
>yfw they make a XYSunMoon combination sequel
>yfw they integrate both Megas and Z Moves
>yfw they reintegrate gyms with thoughtful trials and totem challenges
>yfw they mix up mass encounters and SOS
>yfw they make Zygarde relevant towards invading Ultra Beasts
>yfw they redeem both Gen 6 and 7 at once
>>
>>31706356
The absolute lowest common denominator?

That's what sells, better get used to it.
>>
>>31710541
>they mix up mass encounters and SOS
my fucking god
>>
File: Thracia.webm (627KB, 560x358px) Image search: [Google]
Thracia.webm
627KB, 560x358px
What is the "Thracia 776" of Pokemon?
>>
>>31710541
My dick is hard
>>
>>31706356
so whats next OP
are you gonna say waifu pandering didnt exist before Sun & Moon too?
>>
>>31712540
If it was it wasn't this blatant.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.