[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bw2, xy, oras, and sm have enough features between them to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: 1486390016409.jpg (18KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
1486390016409.jpg
18KB, 270x320px
>bw2, xy, oras, and sm have enough features between them to make the actual perfect pokemon game
>game freak continues to follow the tradition of removing half the good features of every game and placing them with shit features in the next

why are game developers constantly like this? why do so many sequels suck fucking dogshit?
>>
>>31696605
Most money for the least amount of time.

Plus they're not making the games for (You). They make games for the masses, and the masses are either going to not finish the main story or drop it after they do.
>>
I bet you're one of those fags that cried about replacing HMs with PokeRide.
>>
>>31696641
hms were shit, the hotkey menu was no. pokerides replaced the hotkey menu and made me wear a shitty outfit with the worst theme in the game while doing it
>>
>>31696605
They don't have infinite amount of time. Each Generation is so different that they pretty much have to make it from scratch, and there are so many things to focus on. Shitting out a game almost every year makes it hard to add everything in a game in perfect way, especially for a team with as little people as GF. Remember all the good stuff BW2 had? That was because they already used a completed game and just refined and added a few new things, but it still took 2 years.
If you're willing to wait as long as series like Zelda or Final Fantasy takes between releases, you'll have all the features you like. But personally, I prefer having a new game sooner. Most of those things are ultimately small things most people don't care about, including myself, so I don't mind the changes and removals,
>>
>>31696738
thats why every single model in sm is the same as xyoras right
>>
>>31696738
>they pretty much have to make it from scratch
That's why gen 5 had a ton of gen 4 content that was inaccessible, right?

GF are lazy, they don't make each game from scratch
>>
>>31696738
>Each Generation is so different that they pretty much have to make it from scratch
They haven't done that since gen 3 and they've increased their workforce by a large amount since then. Stop trying to justify their laziness.
>>
>>31696753
Pokemon models? A few are updated, and they had to make roughly 100+ new models for Pokemon alone. A full 3D model takes a lot longer to make than a small sprite. The previous ones were fine, so there was no need to update them.
>>
>>31696768
That's the first I've heard of this. I'm curious what was it? I know there's some tiles for a sound debug but not much else.
>>
>>31696605

I'm annoyed that OP uses a pic of a folder that has Prunus Girl in it for this shitpost.

justice for Aikawa.
>>
>>31696738
meanwhile all of XY's clothing was available through hacking in oras
>>
>>31696605
maybe they don't want every game to feel like the same?
>>
>>31696798
>Each Generation
>Generation
>>
>>31696777
https://tcrf.net/Pokémon_Black_and_White
It's not exclusive to gen 5 either. Each gen is pretty much just an altered version of the last.
>>
>>31696738
Look at this shill

He legit believe GF tries their hardest, make all they possible can and are the victims
>>
>>31696825
That list makes sense. Almost all items have the same effect in both Generation 4 and 5, so there's not much reason to change that.
>>
>>31696825
>look at the unused graphics section of DP
>a ton more to add
I'm gonna ask Team Fail if I ever bump into him again
>>
>>31696605
>bw2, xy, oras, and sm have enough features between them to make the actual perfect pokemon game
Replace ORAS with Emerald and add HGSS and I'd agree.

Also, Game Freak is lazy and knows they can get away with it, which is why they haven't tried in years.
>>
File: 1384229248579.png (75KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
1384229248579.png
75KB, 500x285px
>>31696805
Does having Megas make SM feel the same as XY? Do you think something like Contests being a permanent feature in every game would make the games feel too samey for you, or every game having a Frontier?

The way to make newer games not feel like rehashes is to add a sizable amount of new content ON TOP of all the features you've accrued over the years. Game Freak thinks it's more important to get out games yearly and squeeze more money out of their fans than to make actually good games that take 3-4 years of development.
>>
>>31696605
I think you mean Platinum, HGSS, B2W2 and ORAS.
>>
>>31697393
>not including sm or xy for customization
look kids a retard
>>
>>31696605
So you keep buying the next game in hope that it'll be the "perfect" one.
>>
>>31697377
I didn't say that's how I feel, but that's just my theory
>>
>>31696605
Because they're lazy and can get away with it. Now that the accursed 20th anniversary is over /maybe/ they'll try harder for the next installments.
>>
>>31696605
Because you're missing the point that every game that isn't a third version is flawed as fuck, all of the games that people love here were third version that were refined, HGSS, BW2, PTT, all of them were good because they were just adding content to an already existing region.
>>
>>31696605
XY, ORAS and SM are all still on shelves. Guess what is more profitable for a company that has to make a new game every year or two?
A. Make a game with everything everyone ever wanted in it?
B. Add in and take away certain features so that customers would want to buy more games?
Option B easily allows games to stay profitable for a longer amount of time despite newer games being on the same shelf.
>>
>>31696921
Team Fail?! The hell is that?
>>
>>31697442
It never will. Game Freak wants every region to have its own identity.
>>
>>31696605
cause they are retarded and still don't do crowdsourcing for which features to include/remove and how to fix useless pokemon/nerf ridiculous ones/make a proper competitive multiplayer experience
>>
>>31697895
So Game Freak needs to spend more time on their games so that way they can't use the excuse of not enough time.
>>
>>31697972
They need to go back to making third versions, it's the best of both worlds, you get to have a new game every 2 years and you get a great pokemon game that redeems that generation
>>
>>31698001
Sequels can do that better
>>
>>31698034
i consider sequels as third versions too, since they're still the same generation
>>
>>31697945
A guy who does some DS/3DS Pokemon hacking stuff I believe, though I think he does a little more than that. I've talked to him before, but I'm not close with him at all
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.