[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you'll never be a youth discovering Pokemon Gold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: gold_and_silver_web_store.jpg (308KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gold_and_silver_web_store.jpg
308KB, 667x1000px
>tfw you'll never be a youth discovering Pokemon Gold and Silver for the first time

Also, nostalgia thread?
>>
>>31696536
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM
>>
>>31696536
>OP was either born too late or joined too late
youch, dude. I'm sorry for that
>>
>>31696561
I meant to add 'again' to the end of that, actually been playing since the beginning.
>>
>>31696536
I remember discovering and reading about all the Gen 2 Pokemon as a kindergartener and then doing the same for Gen 3 and then following the prereleases from then onwards.

Seeing the BW dex leak was awe inspiring as I got to get to know dozens of new mons all in one day, but the joy of first seeing new mons get added way back in Gen2/3 just can't be matched.
>>
Man, gen 2 takes me back, remember the nostalgic 8-bit music? Damn, Pokémon has evolved and become an even better franchise, I enjoyed every game so far, but there was something about the original two gens man...
>>
Really liked the art style/coloring that the pokemon were drawn in Gen II

Gold was my first game back in kindergarten and I swear it took me at least 20+ playthroughs of the first couple of hours of the game before realizing that saving your progress was a thing.
>I'd always get stuck on the first route trying to get past first two trainers battling on the road.
>Next day I'd restart with a new starter and try again thinking that I had to have a specific pokemon to get past the road block.
>Finally realized what to do and advanced to the next town, say "ah cool" and turn off my game to go to bed.
>Continue to do this steadily getting faster and a little further in the game
>One time I didn't want to quit my progress so I left my gameboy color on through the night but when I woke up, it was dead because the batteries ran out.
>Wasn't until I think after beating the first gym leader that some random kid in my class at school told me about the concept of saving.
>>
Gen 2 has the best atmosphere

It's my favorite. I'll never forget the hype to the first sequel. Never. Probaby the only time in my life I've had like 15+ friends all doing the same thing at once with about the same about of enthusiasm.

It'll never happen again.
>>
>>31698134
>ywn experience the days of pokemania ever again
>>
>>31698044

Gen 2 art really is the best it ever was.

It's not the best game in the series or anything but...man I miss that art
>>
I really feel bad for the newer fans. This was the best time to be a fan.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.