[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the main games ever get move animations where the Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Alain_Weavile_Night_Slash[1].png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Alain_Weavile_Night_Slash[1].png
1MB, 1280x720px
Will the main games ever get move animations where the Pokemon actually hit each other?
>>
Probably not unless there was a new stadium-like game on a real console
but main game? doubt it, and certainly not on 3ds

Gamefreak can't even manage a few models just standing around without performance issues
>>
It'd take forever to play out. Just look at Eevee's Z move.
>50+ seconds of animation for a better Geomamcy only one unevolved mon can get
>>
>X used fury attack
>bounce
>bounce
>bounce
>hit 3 times!
>>
>>31681015
Z move animations were a mistake
>>
>>31680470
Think of the fps
>>
You'd just have a new complaint about how long they are.

You might have that complaint now, even. It'd take longer if the Pokemon had to move next to each other.
>>
>>31681015
>>31681063
I don't see how it would take any longer, just sort of have a lunge animation.

The real problems though are the number of animations that would need to be made and accounting for the sizes and bodies of opponents.

It's going to look pretty silly if a Weavile uses slash at a Joltik and goes right over it's head but KOs it.

Alternatively, greninja attacking a wailord with nightslash and clipping inside of it for the attack.
>>
>>31681051
The FPS aren't the problem, the animations are.
>>
Just one of two reason why the anime is better
>>
File: pikadance.gif (4MB, 250x216px) Image search: [Google]
pikadance.gif
4MB, 250x216px
>>31681035
I love them for how ridiculous they are.
>>
>>31680470
Mabye in gen 9. Gen 8 will probably mostly focus on HD
>>
>>31680470
>Acrobatics
>Flare Blitz

i know there's more
>>
>>31681271
Ridiculously cute~
>>
They'd have to make animations of every move with every Pokémon that uses it and using it on every Pokémon

Or unless that's not what happens with animation at all
>>
>>31680470
Pursuit
>>
>>31681271
Looking at it now, this is just as bad as - if not worse than - the uninterrupted transformation sequence in most Super Sentai series.
>>
>>31682797
I don't think the poses are meant to be taken seriously by the player, based on Gladion's reaction to Nanu.
>>
>>31680470
Maybe if the next game is on the Switch.....
>>
What if Pokemon battles were 2d again but had Super Robot Wars style animations?
>>
>>31683585
While that would be pretty good, SRW works because not every turns lead to an attack. Pokemon does, however, so that would kinda drag a battle out.

That said, you can toggle the animation on and off usually, but might as well just make a normal 2D game then.
>>
>>31680470
Like Fire Emblem has? No. I'd much rather they not focus on something so pointless. For now, they're fine as they are. Maybe Gen 9-10.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.