[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why is Poni Island such a shithole? I mean with Ula'Ula

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: vlcsnap-2016-11-25-12h56m32s732.png (421KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-11-25-12h56m32s732.png
421KB, 1280x720px
So why is Poni Island such a shithole?

I mean with Ula'Ula we know that Tapu Village got fucked up by Tapu Bulu when they tried to build that Megamart and we can infer that Po Town has also been cursed by Tapu Bulu for the failed rebellion against it. Meanwhile all of Poni island is a fucking desolate shithole but there's no explanation as to why. The only residents of Poni island (Hapu and her Grandmother) live like some hermits who shacked up in some destroyed town. But we don't know why Ancient Poni Path is so dilapidated. Additionally there's the oxymoron of Poni island hosting Tapu Fini, who is renowned for purifying water, yet most of the island is arid.

So what's the deal with Poni island?
>>
pick your story:

A: Because Fini brutally murders any settlers she doesn't approve of, and even of those who make it, the wild pokemon run over.

B: It's a shithole because nobody WANTS to live there. If the soil is arid you'd need to put in that much more work to grow the same amount of crops, and from there everything else sucks.

C: There was a civil war across the islands which ousted the old monarchy to install the current administrative republic, and many of the monarchial troops hailed from Poni.
>>
>>31680387
third seems more plausible for me
>>
>>31680387
Or
D. Poni Island was the area in which the Tapu fought against main legend due to it's shrine being there which is why the island looks like a barren rock.
>>
>>31680387
>>31680428
E. All of the above
>>
File: 1374537481270.png (277KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
1374537481270.png
277KB, 500x444px
The only truly moral and just choice to be made about the Tapu are to imprison and punish them, leaving Alola free of their sociopathic destruction.

Prove me wrong
>>
>>31680335
Because it's the real "Victory Road" portion of the game since they didn't finish the actual VR in time and instead it's a short ice path.

The Ice cave Victory Road would have been the highlight of Gen VII and everyone would have remembered it forever, plus you all would have raged autistically over the ice slider puzzles, but they had to release ASAP for the anniversary so reworked Poni Island and cut a bunch of stuff.
>>
>>31681488
They're going to give SM the Kalos treatment and not fix Alola with a third version, aren't they?
>>
>>31680387
B seems most realistic
>>
>>31680335
Gotta admit the design is quite better than Kalos tho, everything was so fucking generic desu
>>
Poni Island is the best island.

The only one where the term "level design" can even apply because the others are so streamlined, insubstantial and just plain boring.
>>
>>31682599
Isn't that just because of Vast Poni Canyon?
>>
>>31682648
Yeah it is, but the other islands suck so much that Vast Poni Canyon alone is still better than them.
>>
>>31681457
Reminder that literally no one in Alola seems to mind about you capturing their Deities for personal use, and the Tapus don't care because they get to fight shit they wouldn't fight otherwise being stuck on their Islands surrounded by Plebeian Locals and Tourists.
>>
>>31681457
based on what evidence?
>>
>>31681994
>SM sequel
>Guardians disappeared, causing massive changes in landscape and weather
>due to Tapu finni's disappearance, Poni has been vastly colonised by people, and is now the most advanced of the islands, with skyscrapers and shit.
>>
>>31682848
Catching the Tapus is not obligatory and thus not canon, just like you could catch Kyurem in BW but it's still roaming wild for BW2.

Canonically the SM protag has Solgaleo/Lunala, possibly the UBs (not Necrozma though), and fought Tapu Koko
>>
>>31682848
Well Tapu Koko seems to be able to freely fly about even if you capture him so I guess they can still go about doing their Tapu duties even after you capture them.
>>
File: 1485824594402.jpg (92KB, 952x759px) Image search: [Google]
1485824594402.jpg
92KB, 952x759px
>>31684612
Nobody brought up canon.
>>
>>31684473
Lele does vile shit with the "healing" scales
Bulu goes berserk on people for fickle reasons
Fini makes suicide mist if anyone goes on the island, but is randomly selective about it
Koko only saves you so it could beat the shit out of Nebby
>>
>>31684628
>Literall no one in Alola cares that you caught the Tapus

That's untrue though
>>
>>31684629
>Koko only saves you so it could beat the shit out of Nebby
Weren't you in danger in the first place only because of Nebby? I'm just saying.
>>
>>31684629
>a bloo bloo the Tapus hurt a few humans after we provoked them it must be their fault
Way to twist what's happening to make it appear as if the Tapus are in the wrong faggot. They've never done anything wrong unprovoked and any retribution that humans got were well deserved for violating a sacred trust the Tapus graciously allowed. Inb4 'b-but L-Lele d-dumps scales for fun'; no you dumb shit it is done out of curiosity and it is not out of some malice, and besides, is it not the person or pokemon's fault for staying within the scale zone when they very well know the dangers of overdosing as well as knowing that Tapu Lele does not fully knows what it is doing? Additionally it was humans who came and settled on the islands where the Tapus lived. The humans are the invaders here and they should be thankful that the Tapus are as willing to integrate as much as they are are instead of being little entitled shits that want everything to bend to their will with no regard for others.
>>
File: IMG_3577.jpg (44KB, 327x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3577.jpg
44KB, 327x340px
>>31681488
>raging over ice puzzles
>in the generation with omnidirectional movement
They were already easy as fuck in Gen 6 with diagonal movement, now they'd be even easier.
>>
>>31684744
It'd obviously be an omnidirectional puzzle silly.
>>
>>31684733
Maybe the tapu, who are pretty much gods, could communicate "hey this is what we are and aren't ok with" instead of just killing people recklessly or being on mengele levels
>>
File: IMG_2337.jpg (18KB, 143x265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2337.jpg
18KB, 143x265px
>>31684748
>omnidirectional puzzle
There has never been an omnidirectional ice puzzle that I know of. The omnidirectional Zelda games, for example, had some slippery ice that didn't lock movement and some four-direction block sliding puzzles. Every game has either not had omnidirectional movement or not had ice puzzles.
I don't even know how that would work. There'd always be some way to cheat and skip sections.
>>
>>31684749
Oh sure, like that's going to work. You think humans are going to try to stop stealing Fini's water because they were told to please stop or that they wouldn't build over sacred ground because Bulu told them that it was a bad idea? No, humans are fucking shitheads and the only language they understand is the language of power.
>>
>>31684733
>>31684773
t. one of the Tapus
>>
>>31684773
We dindu nuffin wrong. We just hard workin peeple who want sum water n shit
>>
>>31684776
But which one would get butthurt enough to type this out?
>>
>>31684790
Bulu, probably.
Quick someone call the drawfags
>>
>>31684790

obviously Lele, Lele literally poisions others for it's own amusement and keeps Olivia a virgin out of spite. Bulu would physically beat the shit outta anyone who insults it, Fini is too indiffernt, and Koko doesn't care about what people think of it. it just cares about playing, fighting and protecting its home.
>>
>>31684822
>Koko doesn't care about what people think of it. it just cares about playing, fighting and protecting its home.
How is it that the war god is literally the kindest and most understanding one?
>>
File: latest.png (452KB, 606x740px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
452KB, 606x740px
>>31681457
Hannibal Chou speaks the truth.
>>
>>31684772
I dunno, but it might be neat if such a thing was attempted.
>>
>>31680335
We don't deserve the Tapus. They're protectors, have great personalities, and strong and beautiful Pokemon.
>>
>>31684790
Fini looks the most "intelligent" of them, Lele is a child, Bulu is lazy, Koko is retarded.
>>
>>31685659
t. Fini
>>
>>31684790
Its more than likely Bulu trying to white night for Lele
>>
>>31682599
>vast poni canyon isn't streamlined
>>
>>31685694
Is he also wearing a fedora?
>>
>>31685720
what do you think that red thing on its head is?

at the very least there's on under it
>>
>>31685814
*tips shell*
>>
>>31684744
>>31684748
>>31684772
>>31685606
I see it as a missed oppourtunity for another ride Pokemon
>>
>>31685874
Avalugg?
>>
>>31685893
Avalug would be great, hell I'd even take Mamoswine again. Ice that you cant walk over but the Pokemon can and you gotta slide on them to push rocks or whatever. Doesnt have to be complex, but its a shit victory road and needs something
>>
>>31680335
What I want to know is what's the deal with Resolution Cave, it's formatted like the cave you find Zygarde in Kalos, you find a Zygarde cell where Zygarde would be, and you also find Guzzlord in the same room.
>>
Alright, the Tapusamefags have solidified it: I'm beating the FUCK out of the tapus in refresh. Fucking cunts

At least with the Ultra Beasts they're just really powerful animals that don't know any better, they can easily be tamed and possibly domesticated if an 11 year old could take them on.
>>
It's the ice island, it's meant to be a very realistic take on a genuine Hawaiian island. Tweakers running wild with Pokemon is very harmful.
>>
>>31680335
Because SM is shit. There's your explanation as to why.
>>
>>31687319
>Alright, the Tapusamefags have solidified it: I'm beating the FUCK out of the tapus in refresh. Fucking cunts
but why? Also what the fuck is a Tapusamefags?
>>
bumping for the truth
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.