[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sun and Moon could have been the hypest story of all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

>Sun and Moon could have been the hypest story of all time
What went wrong
>>
>>31678084
They revealed almost everything in the game before the release. A lot of reveals shouldn't have been done. Imagine how hyped everybody would be discovering while playing about Red/Green.
>>
>>31678084
Revealing half the shit before release, and then butchering the potential of the plot by focusing too much on Lillie.
>>
>>31678141
i'd have been pretty lame nontheless
>dude Red and Blue LMAO *fucks off to the battle tree*
>>
>>31678141
While I agree, the addition to these two ingame was lackluster. They didn't fit in Gen 7 like they did in GSC, and GF made no attempts to make them fit in. They could have been replaced by any NPC and nothing would change.

What is with them and revealing everything before release anyways? This started in XY and no one was asking for a new pokemon trailer every week.
>>
>>31678084
are you saying that EoE was good? Haha one of the "hopeless nerds", as mentioned by Anno, has been detected.
>>
>>31678193
It works. SM had a shit ton of trailers and the games sold really well.

The problem is that they revealed everything.
>>
>>31678222
To be fair that can be said with anything, with enough attention, trailers, and hype within those trailers, 100% success rate.
>>
too centralized on people instead of pokémon

they had a golden ticket with the ultra beasts, but in the end all they did was sic nihilego on you twice and show off UB-02 for five seconds before it jobs to tapu koko offscreen
>>
>>31678222
they did the same in ORAS so I dont expect this method to change next game/gen
>>
>>31678084
>Your father could have cummed outside
>Your mother could make an abortion
>instead you were born
What went wrong?
>>
>>31678363
I get more interesting existential thoughts thinking about what if my father shacked up with a woman other than my mother, rather than if I didn't exist at all.
>>
>>31678363
I'm only exist to mock you. To remind you that this moment is the highlight of your sad pathetic life.
>>
File: 1462372148732.png (1KB, 168x141px) Image search: [Google]
1462372148732.png
1KB, 168x141px
>>31678084
>focusing on fucking Lillie too much, leaving absolutely no time to develop Gladion, Lusamine, or anyone else who is more interesting than her

>story is rushed right after Acerola's trial, and no longer knows that the fuck to do with itself once you travel with Lillie to save Lusamine, and feels awkward the entire time

>Nihilego is the only UB that is important to the plot; all the other UBs fuck off to shitty side quest where they're easy as fuck to catch
>>
>Lusamine as a villian had so much potential, but in the end leaving her in UltraSpace would've made things safer than making her lose.

>You have no reason to go after her considering everything that has happened at that point, as well as literally everything that could've given you a reason is relagated to postgame. You only go because Lillie wanted mommy back and you're her bitch.

And a big one.

>Mohn was alive the entire time. And LITERALLY just needed his memories jogged to avoid the entire conflict of the game.
>>
>could be a better story
>we got too many boring cutscnenes instead
this is bullshit
>>
>Aether Paradise could've been structured like a real base with numerous labs, stations, and employees
>Instead we got a hallway and 2 copy and pasted rooms
Why?
>>
>>31678193
>no one was asking for a new pokemon trailer every week.
People were, actually, but it doesn't mean they have to do just because of it.
>>
>>31678700
Sun/Moon severely lacks good maps in general. There is no exploring. There's no looking around. Just walking in a straight line to your next highlighted destination so you can sit through another 2 minutes of cutscene. And its such a fucking shame because Alola looks so beautiful and wide enough for thorough exploring.
>>
>>31678770
Yet, Unova, with a lot of stuff hidden in some alternate ways only accessible with HMs, is the region considered most linear.
>>
>>31678798
Thats because everyone looks at the town map and immediately assumes its a boring hexagon but its actually incredibly spread out and full of exploration. I've never gotten so bored in a pokemon game until SuMo.
>>
>>31678084
>basically get KlK in Pokemon form, with less fighting and more character interactions
>could've been better
There's just no pleasing some.
I'm happy with what we got, and if Pokemon keep up this level of story telling, I'm not complaining. Ever.
>>
>>31678770
I don't know, anon. While there were not a lot of completely optional dungeons, with Zygarde cells being a thing, I went out of my way to explore more in SM than the past few titles.
>>
>>31678828
I wonder if SM's design has anything to with the fact that the game isn't grid based or chibi.
Game Freak constructing a world that makes sense logically but failing to make it enjoyable from a design stand point.
>>
>>31678084
>What went wrong
Ohmori and Masuda
>>
It's pokemon and is unable to hold any type of engaging or coherent story.
>>
>>31678828
>basically get KlK in Pokemon form, with less fighting and more character interactions
Buy this isn't a good thing. Kill la Kill is Kill la Kill and Pokémon is Pokémon. One don't need to try to be the other. Even because it would be a step backwards, it's not like Kill la Kill is better than Pokémon.
>>
Lillie existed.
>>
>>31678084
there was no mess or destruction, there was no war or actual problem caused by most of the UB. There were no puzzles, which isn't particularly story related but the game was such a handholding kiddie hallway that there was nothing even at the simple level of the ruins of Alph puzzles. Don't get me wrong, I know that the Ruins of Alph puzzles weren't the hardest. Like, even the UB could just be caught in a matter of 20mins due to the beast ball.

I also don't understand the fucking flute business. How is Lusamine so fucking stupid that she knows nothing about the flutes and opening portals in a safer way? Like the fucking flute is literally right there on an island with no challenge whatsoever? What the fuck Lusamine?
>>
>>31678141
>implying anyone guessed Team Skull's role prior to release
>>
They were great games that tried to do their own thing, we've had end of the world as know it plot lines for most of the story based titles starting with Gen 3. It was nice to have something more contained, UBs could have been utilized better but I'm counting on Stars to spruce SM up to Platinum / BW2 / HGSS-tier in terms of the story telling especially with Necrozma's existence as well. Overall SM were great a huge improvement over XYORAS which I really didn't like. Not without flaws but a step in the right direction in terms of storytelling and development after Gen 6.
>>
>sun and moon
>both celestial objects
>didn't take place in space
wat
they could've made it so every gym leader is on a different planet or something that would be kool
>>
>>31678084
>What went wrong
Lillie
>>
>>31678770
It has. Half of people missed desert, there are many hiden crawling spots...
>>
>>31679933
Are you new or just stupid? There were a ton of people on /vp/ alone who figured Aether were the real villains and Skull would end up playing second fiddle.
>>
>>31678084
From what I see, many people simply didn't want a story. Many of the story related complaints I see are from people who wish it was back to the excuse plots of early titles, where it barely had any sort of story at all and much of it was player-interpreted. These people strongly disliked having a strict, dialogue filled story for the games to focus on.

I personally enjoyed it while I was playing and thought it was rather well done, but I don't usually play in an interpretive manner unless the game is etrian odyssey.
>>
>>31679933
That was literally the most popular theory. Second was that Skull were actually good guys, and third were just a few retards that thought that Gamefreak was somehow too good at writing stories to make such an obvious twist.

>>31678141
I agree, but in a different direction. I think they revealed an okay amount, but just didnt have the content to back it up.

SM needs more content.
>>
>>31678084
>GameFreak wanted to focus on Hawaiian culture with Z-Moves, Totem pokemon, island challenges, etc.
>story is about a woman on an extradimensional high who abuses her kids

It's like GameFreak's Hawaiian research was just "Hey, pop in that Lilo and Stitch DVD! Time to take notes."
>>
>>31684456
>The trailer park area
Pretty damn accurate to me desu
>>
>>31684456
And yet we didn't even get a Stitch pokemon
Disappointment all around
>>
File: 1464434477475.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464434477475.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>31684482
Sableye
>>
>>31678219
>tv ending fag

Let's not.
>>
>Enjoyable cast of friends/rivals
>Regional breeds
>Badass signature moves
>Best evil team yet
>Subversion of main antagonist
>HM's are history
>Incredibly beautiful landscape
>Straight up fucking alien pokemon from another dimension

If not for the tedious cutscenes, 1st grade as fuck maps, shitty platform for multiplayer interaction, kanto shilling, shitty starters, cast of new very few shitmons and forgettable overall soundtrack this could have been the absolute best pokemon yet.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.