[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vp/, what's your favorite type and why? Pic related for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 13

File: oy.png (118KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
oy.png
118KB, 500x517px
/vp/, what's your favorite type and why?

Pic related for me. Didn't like them much in gen 6(aside from clefable, and mega mawile), but the tapus, mimikyu, and shiinotic really won me over.

Plus, seeing people continue to bitch about them is fucking hilarious.
>>
File: best type.jpg (94KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
best type.jpg
94KB, 500x530px
Ghost because I like spooky things in reality. Not like horror movies or whatever, but like hauntology crap.

A shame that it's just mediocre in competitive at the moment, since the only ghost getting any love right now is Mimikyu.
>>
Fighting types because they inspired kid me to stop being a bitch and learn how to bulk up, fight and endure
>>
>>31677579
Fairy is my favorite type desu.
I hated dark, fighting and dragon types, so when I found out that they resisted and were SE against them, I about died outta pure ecstasy. Then I found out they cucked over Bug, which was an added bonus, because I hate bug types too.

But then, but then, I found out Poison was strong against them, and that made me even happier, because I love poison types, but not as much as fairy
>>
>>31677608
wtf I love anonymous now

completely agree but the bugfags are going to swarm your post like they do everything
>>
File: m178.png (572KB, 1000x1000px)
m178.png
572KB, 1000x1000px
I love Steel so much.

Objectively speaking, of course it's very strong and has the best defense. I find it amazing that "technology" in general would be considered an elemental type of its own.

But within that type there's still a great deal of diversity. There is mawile, lucario, empoleon, a-sandshrews and whatnot. And that's not talking about my favorite legendary; I want to hug whoever decided Time would be represented by Steel.

https://youtu.be/XgiDQa0zSi4

It's so perfect.
>>
For the longest time, id say steel was my favorite type, but nowadays i realize that all my favorite pokemon seem to be Poison types.

I cant really explain why i like them, but poison types are the hype shit. Especially my boy Crobat.
>>
Ghost.

Not for any game mechanic reasons. Purely just a result of basically loving almost every pokemon design of the ghost type (excluding crap like cofra-fag and spirit-dumb).
>>
File: Ice660824.jpg (998KB, 1500x900px)
Ice660824.jpg
998KB, 1500x900px
>>31677579
As a concept, it'd be Poison - I love the ideas and variety that come to them.

Ice, however, is my favourite for being such a simple and elegant type with very straightforward properties. Very relaxing.
It's definitely the type with the highest ratio of Pokemon I love within the type to ones I'm not particularly fond of.
>>
>>31677608
>hating that many types

True autism.
>>
Dark, as a type they have many funny and interesting personalities that overall make Pokemon a better game (ex. Incineroar, Scrafty, Krookodile, Honchkrow, Garfielf). Also, they have some of my favorite moves of the series: Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Foul Play, Darkest Lariat, etc.
>>
>>31679028
Dark isn't my favorite, but I do really like that a lot of their moves are ones that don't "play fair", it really fits in well with the theme.
>>
>>31677579
Fairy, Ghost, Poison, Bug, and Dark are my favorites. I just really like the designs and themes of those types of mons, I guess.
>>
Flying types have been my favorite from the beginning.

There aren't that many flying types that I dislike design wise and even more that I incorporate into my team as much as possible (like skarmory and crobat).
>>
File: 1449509968224.gif (866KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1449509968224.gif
866KB, 500x281px
>>31677579
I love Grass. Always liked nature aspect powers- Venus in Golden Sun, Green in MtG, Swamp Thing in comics. The early gens didn't really sell the theme to me enough, but ever since this guy rolled around I've been set. It's just a shame it's such a shitty type from a gameplay perspective. Can't believe Ghost and Dark got buffed before Grass.
>>
It was normal, but then most of my favorite normal types were turned into fairy types. I'd say that there are still enough normal types that I like to make it my favorite, like Bouffalant, Lopunny and Staraptor

The reason I like normal types is mostly because my favorite animals IRL happen to be farm animals and birds and a good portion of normal types are based off of farm animals barring normal types like Porygon, Lickitongue and Regigigas.

It's a shame that most of them are fairly weak so I was really glad gf gave Lopunny, Pidgeot and Audino mega forms.
>>
File: IMG_1322.jpg (62KB, 640x692px)
IMG_1322.jpg
62KB, 640x692px
>>31677579
I really like Grass, it's not a type that I usually actively seek to use, but so many of my favorite mons are Grass I might as well consider it my favorite. Bug and Steel are super close seconds, too. Also,

>Shiinotic
God-tier taste, OP.
>>
I like ground types but I haven't seen too many people that say they like it. Which is sad, b/c it's one of my favourites. Dark and water are probably my favorite types. Use to really like Dragon (still in my top 5 tho) , but as I got older it lost its charm. Still has some of my favorite pokemon dispite how normie it may seem.
>>
Dark.

I don't really have a reason. I just looked at all my favorites awhile ago and noticed most of them were Dark-types.
>>
>>31677579
Ghost
I've always really liked spooky things, and lots of ghosts are my favorites
Mimikyu, Gengar, Giratina, Gorgeist...
It's a neat type!
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 600x600px)
image.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
I love grass and bug type. Bug because I adore the things in real life, and grass because I'm usually a fan of plant themed forces. And leech seed is my favorite move.

>>31681726
I don't specifically like ground as a type, but a lot of my favorites are incidentally ground types. Torterra, flygon, marowak, whiscash, mamoswine, and camerupt to name a full team.
>>
>>31681841
Are you a stallfag?
>>
fighting cause self cultivation is awesome and cool
>>
>>31677579
Electric is my favorite type some of the coolest designs and human integration lore, but mono normal is the way for me with gigantic coverage
>>
>>31677589
>everyone thinks ghost is top 3 taipu all gens
>gengar nerfed
>realize ghost isn't that great
:(
>>
>>31682321
Nah. I only played competitive in D/P NU and my team was t-wave spam with marowak and cacturne. I guess it did run hippopotas for sandstorm damage.
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 800x705px)
image.jpg
116KB, 800x705px
>>31677579
Fairy and Bug are my favorite types, I just really like a lot of the designs. Fairy not as much, but I love the concept and really adore stuff like Primarina, the Tapus, Mawile, Granbull, etc.

Seeing dragonfags and competitivefags get pissy over fairy type was an added bonus. Shame about the bug resist though
>>
>>31682574
If it makes you feel any better, ghost mons almost always have interesting designs. Many are object mons, but it's pretty crazy seeing how creative GF can get when it comes to ghost types
>>
>>31677589
>>31677748
>>31681766
These anons have good taste.

I've always like Haunter's classic design where it was skinnier and pointier. 4th Gen gave me Giratina. Started getting into competitive back in 5th Gen. 6th and 7th Gen just gave me more ghosts to love.

I do seem to like a lot of electric and steel types as well.
>>
File: 1486170506698.png (98KB, 600x468px)
1486170506698.png
98KB, 600x468px
>>31677579
Poison. It's a great type with a lot of interesting mons including some of my favorites. I feel like it got a lot of love this gen with two interesting poison types that are pretty damn good.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.