[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How intelligent are Pokemon supposed to be? Like a dog? Like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: book.jpg (93KB, 636x410px) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
93KB, 636x410px
How intelligent are Pokemon supposed to be?

Like a dog? Like a smart monkey? Or like a human who can't speak?
>>
>>31673382
as dumb as OP
>>
>>31673382
it varies from species to species.
Alakazam has an IQ of 5000, and could possible unravel the secrets of the entire omniverse to mankind if it so chooses.

then there's ryhorn who's dumber than a sack of wet rocks.
>>
>>31673382
I guess most of them are comparable to a dog
Also this >>31673462
>>
>>31673382
According to the anime, most are like humans. In the games, most are like smarter animals.
>>
>>31673382

Mr Mime could be your stepfather and your mom could fuck him.
>>
>>31673382
Meowth was a normal meowth that taught itself to speak instead of teaching itself to fight.

It is by no means Einstein by human standards, but is certainly on par with, say, Bonnie.

As such, most pokemon are just thoroughly uneducated rather than unintelligent.

At least in anime.

In games, they seem less-so, but we've still seen mimikyu speak broken English with no formal language instruction. So at least sign language chimps.
>>
>>31673462
>Alakazam has an IQ of 5000, and could possible unravel the secrets of the entire omniverse to mankind if it so chooses.

And yet it chooses to listen to a 12 year old child
>>
>>31673532
But that mimikyu was just saying it's name
>>
>>31673542
just because you're smart, doesn't necessarily mean you make wise decisions.
>>
>>31673546
No it said "Seeeee meeeeee?!"
https://youtu.be/Ma2CpjdV8a4?t=5m40s
>>
>>31673557
I think that guy was referring to the one at Aether House, not the totem.
>>
>>31673462
>>31673542
Pokedex entries are written by children.
>>
>>31673604
No they're written by Rotom
>>
The level of pokemon's intelligence changes as needed from author to author.
>>
>>31673382

In the early days, their intelligent was more akin to animals, and only a certain few Pokemon were stated to be able to understand human speech.

Then the anime made them into sapient creatures, and the rest of the franchise followed. So now they're more like humans who can't speak (save for the ones who can speak human language).
>>
>>31673604
>"right! I have a request for you two. On the desk there is my invention, the Pokédex! It automatically records data on Pokémon you've seen or caught. It's a high-tech encyclopedia!"
>automatically
>AUTOMATICALLY

Nobody writes the dex. The entries just write themselves.
>>
>>31674296
So it's ok to fuck them, right?
>>
>>31673382
Very intelligent when it comes to understanding human language, but not speaking it, as you can perfectly use a Pokémon traded from another country with no problems other than some possible disobedience if you don't have enough badges.
>>
>>31673542
isn't a pokeball a fucking brainwashing device?
there's your answer.
>>
>>31673542
I just imagine him to be like alucard.
he knows life is just a distraction and has no inherent value.
>>
>>31674928
I hate that meme so fucking much, where do people get the idea that some kid would know folklore and biology of a Pokemon they just fucking met?
>>
File: 1486084448124.png (185KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486084448124.png
185KB, 600x600px
>>31673382
>can't speak
That's what you think
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.