[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pokemon learns a move >evolution can only get it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1399767900368.png (192KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1399767900368.png
192KB, 520x390px
>pokemon learns a move
>evolution can only get it through pre evo
Why
>>
HAving Lilligant as my fav is hard
>>
>>31670800
At least this is no longer an issue as of Sun and Moon.
>>
File: trigger the cannon.jpg (264KB, 1440x1131px) Image search: [Google]
trigger the cannon.jpg
264KB, 1440x1131px
>Cubone evolves at level 28 at night
>Alolan Marowak learns Shadow Bone at level 7
Someone at GF is messing with us, I'm sure of it.
>>
>>31670813
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>31670826
the move tutor now teaches every move the pokemon can possibly learn
>>
>>31670931
I thought that only works if the poke had the move before like egg moves being retaught later if it had them from the start
>>
>>31670820
>Gen VII implemented evolution moves regardless of level
>Shadow Bone is not one
>>
>>31670956
If you depend on an specific pre evo move, you can set it as a egg move. But you'd need two parents of the same line that know it.
>>
>>31670987
>>31670820
shit that should say 27 not 7
>>
>>31670931
Except moves only learned by prevos, you know, like the OP is talking about
>>
>>31670813
Crabominable can't relearn Crabhammer
>>
>>31670800
I'm fine with it, but only because I enjoy tweaking bullshit like that. I do like the concept of different evolutions have a unique move or twol. It helps pre evos have a purpose beyond being a thing you have around until the evolution happens. Now, it being a move only learnable by a pre evo that itself needs an item on the parent to be bred is fucking bullshit.

It does fuck up playthroughs, though, especially for things like this >>31670820
>>31671019
>>
>>31671092
You can use the relearner to teach that specific move to the pre-evo before you evolve it.
>>
>>31670820
just shill out a heart scale. Torterra learns wood hammer at level 1. best heart scale i ever spent.
>>
File: whattheeffalakazam.jpg (59KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
whattheeffalakazam.jpg
59KB, 500x400px
>>31672250
The problem with that, my good nigger, is that you don't get access to the Move Relearner until you hit Mount Lanakila.

Which is literally the end of the fucking game.
>>
>>31672316
Just trade it to a friend who has access to that then :^)
>>
>>31672332
Or, even better

j u s t
i n j e c t
l o l

Just teach it Sacred Fire, while you're at it
and give it Wonder Guard
>>
>>31672230
Yes but then we wouldn't be complaining about it then wouldn't we.
>>
>>31672316
This is really such bullshit. Marowak gets such great STAB moves, but if you're using one in-game you have to wait until level 53 for the first one.

I mean, I get that they don't want to make it too easy, especially if you manage to get a Thick Club. But just give it Flame Wheel upon evolution and Shadow Bone around the mid-30s.

This game is full of this kind of stuff, too. Grubbin only evolving on the last island. Crabrawler only evolving right before the E4 (into a shitmon no less). Pokémon being useless in-game due to lack of moves should really not be a thing, but it has been since gen I.
>>
>>31670800
When you're a kid, you learn things faster. It's not the same learning a new language when you're 8 years old than when you are 20 years old.
>>
>>31672505
>tfw i used charjabug, crabrawler AND a marowak in my playthrough and all of them were trash
at least you get a TM for shadow ball
>>
>>31672534
That's ok, but pre-evo exclusive moves are stupid.
>>
>>31670800
I ran into this with surskit. I completely forgot about pre-evo only moves until I evolved it and wondered where the hell HAZE was. It's shiny too.
>>
>Replaying ORAS
>Decide to use Gallade instead of Garde and Ludicolo instead of Shiftry
>Also pick up Electrike
>Gallade line learns no physical moves until it becomes Gallade
>Electrike learns only physical moves until after evolving
>Ludicolo line only learns the low power grass drain moves and mediocre water moves
>had to DexNav all of them for egg moves to get them started and grind super training for water and dawn stone.
>also had to find heart scales to get Gallade some actual moves
And now I'm 8 levels over because DexNav didn't for over the moves for 80 scans on all of them
>>
>>31672873
With the Physspec split they should've fixed some mons' stats or movepool
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.