[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else misses the original series? I liked how the Johto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1483760941674.png (2MB, 1308x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1483760941674.png
2MB, 1308x1700px
Anybody else misses the original series?

I liked how the Johto pokemon came to complement Kanto's ones, instead of replacing.

Stuff like Beautifly, Salamence, Delcatty and others are just ugly replacements.
>>
diaper beam lol
>>
>>31667889
I miss it a lot. I miss the rougher designs/watercolour art, the original concepts (now we have all these "archetypes" and traditions, like a pikachu clone, regional rodent, regional bird, etc), the (apparent, at least) freedom, the humbler plot, etc

Also: Gen II's aesthetic and the 2D world
>>
>>31667889
>Anybody else misses the original series?
Fuck no. RBY was a buggy unbalanced piece of shit. GSC was a major improvement sure, but I will never get people that defend RBY.
>Tons of exploitable glitches
>Psychic Supremacy
>Gen 1 miss
>Most pokemon exist only as pokedex filler
>Incredibly boring writing
>The most autistic AI of all time
>Areas that feel like a pain to traverse
If you genuinely like the series, the original games are not worth it.
>>
>>31667941
Nobody cared about anyof those.
>>
>>31667889
Get off the board grampa
>>
>>31667933
>watercolour art
fuck, this is what I miss the most, along with GSC spritework (overworld and in-battle)
>>
nostalgia fags is what i hate most about pokemon, maybe even more than furfags
>>
>>31667945
What criteria do you judge them on if not 80% of the content.
>>
>>31667889
No.
>>
>>31667889
I miss them.
I only play the original games now, no joking.
Sometimes I play Polished Crystal, sometimes I play the original GS. And if I wanna play gen I, I play the original games.
>>
>>31668050
I'm talking about pokemon design and you bring autism.
>>
>>31667889

Only to old and nostalgiafags, I'm playing HG and the mechanics are a piece of shit compared to new games, the selection of pokemon is poor and the only thing going for it is that is harder than the newer games.
>>
fucking hate 3D
aerodactyl, scizor, staraptor and many more look like shit now.
>>
>>31667941
>Tons of exploitable glitches
I can't think of any that come up naturally in a normal playthrough. Glitches aren't necessarily bad if they don't break the game and can't really be found accidentally.

>Psychic Supremacy
Legitimate complaint, but didn't matter much at the time without tournaments and doesn't matter much now because there aren't any tournaments for those old games.

>Gen 1 miss
Expound

>Most pokemon exist only as pokedex filler
Expound

>Incredibly boring writing
Personal opinion, but where you see boredom, I see simplicity. I liked the plots.

>The most autistic AI of all time
Expound. If you just mean selecting Screech x10 instead of using Tackle, then that's true.

>Areas that feel like a pain to traverse
I can agree, but I feel like the areas that were a pain to traverse should be a pain to traverse. There's no fun in just being coddled and told where to go.
>>
>>31667889
>Obsolete original games in HoF instead of the objectively superior remakes
>Although FRLG and HGSS shouldn't be anywhere near the HoF either.
This is some super shitty bait OP.
>>
>>31668198
>Expound

Not him but every attack in gen1, even 100% accurate moves, had a 1/256 chance of missing

The only move that could literally never miss was Swift
>>
>>31668220
That's a fair complaint then, but I think it can be lumped under the category of "glitches", and it's not really that bad (for the same reason psychic being the best type isn't that bad)
>>
>use an evo stone
>your mon will never learn any new moves
>>
>>31667941
Red/blue are kind of refreshing to revisit since they're so different from the rest of the games. GSC are pretty shit now though, no reason to play them over HGSS.
Also, I do miss sprites, but I'm talking about gen 4 and 5 sprites.
>>
>>31668250
Except the gen 1 miss was a design choice and not a glitch.
>>
Gen II has the second best designs in the series and the best aesthetics period but Gen 1 is whatever and your opinion on Gen III is wrong
>>
>>31668319
I adore Johto's towns and ruins.

Kanto is fine but you're halfway through the game before the good towns show up.
>>
File: 1482038698754.jpg (12KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
1482038698754.jpg
12KB, 242x208px
>>31668338
>turning on the radio in Ruins of Alph
>Crystal's intro in general
>>
>>31667889
Not even once. Not even the terribleness of Sun & Moon could make me miss R/B/Y and G/S/C.

>>31667889
>Stuff like Beautifly, Salamence, Delcatty and others are just ugly replacements.

Salamence looks way better than the overweight Dragon Tale's reject that is Dragonite.
>>
>>31668283
And R/B/Y are shit now. No reason to play them over FR/LG.
>>
>>31667889
>HGSS
>honorable mentions
>when they're the worst remakes in the franchise

L M A O
Johtoddlers are such a fucking joke.
>>
>>31668514
One good reason is that RBY are on VC and HGSS can be played on 3DS, but GSC and FRLG require older hardware.
>>
>>31668541
You can just emulate FR/LG. Even my outdated laptop can play it just fine.
>>
>>31668533
>worst remakes in the franchise
>not ORAS

Fucking Hoennbabies baka
>>
>>31668600
That's just how much of a shitty gen gen 2 was.
>>
>>31668220
Oh no, my move missed. 0/10 game, into the trash it goes, worst gen ever.
>>
File: 1484528091028.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1484528091028.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
>>31668533
(You)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.