[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gen 8 introduces tapu equivalent pokemon with auto room abilities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Magic_Room.png (101KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Magic_Room.png
101KB, 400x240px
>gen 8 introduces tapu equivalent pokemon with auto room abilities (and also gravity because why not)

How does this change the meta? Would anyone even use a pokemon that makes itens, a core part of competitive pokemon, useless?
>>
>>31665224
Lots of new SM pokemon suddenly become competitive
>>
A team with a Mega Stone, Z-Crystal, AND a STAB Acrobatics user could make good use of Auto Magic Room.
>>
>>31665224
>Would anyone even use a pokemon that makes itens, a core part of competitive pokemon, useless?

Finally choice items are dead, thank fucking goodness
>>
File: Conway_Dusknoir_Trick_Room.png (1MB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
Conway_Dusknoir_Trick_Room.png
1MB, 1080x607px
>>31665224
Trick Room as a Field Effect would utterly break VGC.

MAYBE, if Wonder Room/Magic Room override Trick Room like Weather, but no. It's still completely broken.

btw, for the same reason, we can't have Light Clay for Tailwind and Trick Room.
>>
"it's good in trick room" wouldn't be just a meme anymore
>>
What would the Pokemon themselves be based on?
I'm thinking the Moirai Sisters and their mother, Nyx, with her being the Trio Master.

Anyway they'd make alot of things dead.
>>
>>31665331
It's only a smogon meme, Trick Room has been a valid strategy ever since the move was invented.

And it will always be, since they never stop making heavy hitting slowpokes.
>>
Watch them make a Pokemon that automatically activates Trick Room but is one of the fastest Pokemon in the game.
>>
>>31665224
I'd rather something that automatically sets Gravity.
>>
>>31665224
I don't know if I want a TR setter. Seems a little too OP. Maybe some kind of ability that extends TR or some held items that do.
>>
>>31665224
I want this to happen so bad.

It could be balanced easily by making it so that the Pokemon who get it have very high speed so they have to rely on other, slower Pokemon to help them out.
>>
If Gen 8 becomes the "Room Gen," then I'd at least like to see a new Room that swaps Attack and Special Attack, for the sake of Pokemon with bizarrely diverse movepools that they can't use.
>>
>Battle Spot Fissure meta
No thanks
>>
>>31667053
>and also gravity because why not
>>
What would their typing be? That's something to consider as well.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.