[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>breeding is fun! >you just have to watch TV or do something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: 1379451481491.jpg (27KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
1379451481491.jpg
27KB, 407x286px
>breeding is fun!
>you just have to watch TV or do something else while you're doing it!
>>
>>31664374
>Wow I cannot comprehend that fun is subjective so I'm gonna be a pouty little fuck and make a whole thread to post a reaction image because I'm a special child.
>>
>>31664393
Fun being subjective has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>31664393
Woah dude, I disagree with OP but you need to calm down
>>
>>31664417
>Your fun isn't as fun as my fun so it isn't fun at all!
>>
File: 1482077392791.png (248KB, 410x408px) Image search: [Google]
1482077392791.png
248KB, 410x408px
>>31664393
savage
>>
>>31664374
>hey I see you guys think this thing is fun but I don't so you might want to reconsider that
>>
>>31664452
>Your fun involves doing something else entirely from the thing you're arguing is fun to distract yourself from the fact that the thing you're arguing is fun is actually fucking boring

ftfy.
>>
>>31664374
>DUDE
>BATTLE TREE
>LMAO!
>>
File: 1479151093997.jpg (67KB, 348x383px) Image search: [Google]
1479151093997.jpg
67KB, 348x383px
>all these butthurt breederfags missing OP's point
>>
>>31664471
>Your fun isn't fun. Let me show you how not fun it is so you can stop having fun and stop bothering with the fun you're having.
>>
>>31664496
which is:
>i don't think it's fun so it can't be fun
>>
>>31664374
>breeding is fun
said no one ever

>>31664460
>savage
you need to go back
>>
>>31664522
No, it's that breederfags are arguing that breeding is entertaining even though they have to use SOMETHING ELSE entertaining as a scapegoat instead of explaining how breeding in and of itself is fun.

Stay butthurt breederfag.
>>
>>31664542
why should I explain what I find fun? I can do things in the meantime, how does it take away the fun from the other thing?
besides the real fun is the end result
>>
File: 1364023399084.gif (1MB, 382x283px) Image search: [Google]
1364023399084.gif
1MB, 382x283px
>"why do people inject? breeding is sooo easy now xD"
>proceeds to beg for hacked 6IV jap ditto holding destiny knot to get started
>>
>>31664564
>things nobody said but i will still laugh at
>>
>>31664552
>I can do things in the meantime

But why should you have to if breeding is fun?

Video games are an entertainment medium meant for distraction. If it's failing at doing that it's not doing a good job.
>>
>>31664581
>But why should you have to if breeding is fun?
Because I can?
>>
>they won't admit it's not fun to just ride your tauros/bike/skates in circles
I get it's necessary and it will lead to fun but be real. Prep sucks.
>>
>>31664589
Yes, you can. But you still haven't explained how breeding itself is fun.
>>
>>31664626
Why should I explain something as subjective as fun? It's fun, simple as that.
>I really like this food, it tastes good
>HURR WHAT DO YOU MEAN TASTES GOOD?????
>THEN WHY DO YOU DO OTHER THINGS WHILE EATING IF IT'S SO GOOD???
>>
>>31664626
Not that guy but
Fun is subjective.
For me personally, the thought of having legit competitive ready pokemon that I worked for, makes the Tauros simulator fun.

But I don't understand why you care so much? why does this thread even exist?
>>
Considering rentals is a thing now, is there's a reason to inject at all? Granted most of the rental teams being used have injected Pokemon, but if the point of injection was to work smarter, not harder (bypass the hard/tedious work of breeding) then why not save even more time and just download one of the rental teams out there?
>>
>>31664471
It is possible for the outcome to be fun without the entire process being so.

The fun is in the planning, in charting out what you need to do to get the moves that you want, in setting up, and in hatching. Yeah, no one's going to pretend that riding back and forth is thrilling. It isn't. But that's not the only part of breeding.
>>
>>31664650
You can still explain how something is fun regardless of it being subjective or not breederfag.

>this burger tastes good because the beef has just the right tenderness and texture

>>31664652
You didn't work for it though. You just rolled a die on a table repeatedly until the die happened to roll what you wanted. Your actions had nothing to do with the result.

>>31664652
>The fun is in the planning, in charting out what you need to do to get the moves that you want, in setting up
Barely any of this actually involves breeding and most of this is shit hackers also have to do for team building.

>But that's not the only part of breeding.
It's 99% of it.
>>
>>31664748
It's fun to get the right outcome and play the game legit and then train that guy's EVs and levels to get it to 50 and then battle with them.
It's not fucking rocket science, alright? If I can do something else in the meantime, why not?
>>
>>31664374

>breeding is fun

Says who? I don't mind breed since it's easy and you can do it while distracted by yes watching tv or listening to music. If you want to inject that's cool because no one should give a shit if someone else injects.
>>
>>31664748
>How can you have fun with the main story? You're just rolling a die and pressing A to go forward.
Thanks anon you sure did make me realize I'm not having fun. Sorry to have bothered you!
>>
>>31664772
> If I can do something else in the meantime, why not?

because the thing you're doing should be fun enough to entertain you by itself instead of needing to do something else.

>>31664777
>Says who?
breederfags

>>31664793
The story involves storytelling and reading dialogue.

Breeding LITERALLY is just hoping RNG gives you what you want on hours on end while mindlessly doing repetitive button inputs. How else would breederfags be able to multitask while doing it?
>>
>>31664859
>How can someone have fun with something that I don't find fun? Goodness gracious my lack of theory of mind cannot accept the egregious contradiction! Better tell them why they aren't have fun.
>>
>>31664887
Ah yes, now you're just repeating shit that was already talked about earlier in the thread.

Great job running out of arguments breederfag.
>>
I'm breeding up an army of synchronize abras, 21/25 done, and I've done some breeding for proper natures before the normal endgame.

I'm not going to hack my game game and cheat, butwith how tedious this can get I can understand why some people would.

My biggest issue is that there's parts of it that make it more tedious for seemingly no reason.
For example, the hatching animation.
It's so long and drawn out, I wish I could just skip it.
It's not like it's a surprise what pokemon is coming out, it's going to be the same thing as the last fifty of them my ditto has been shitting out because that's what I put it there to do and
every.
fucking.
time.
I have to watch the minute long animation.
Allowing you to skip this part alone would cut the time for the whole breeding process in half.
>>
>>31664859
>because the thing you're doing should be fun enough to entertain you by itself instead of needing to do something else.
And why exactly?
>>
>>31664901
>H-heh you repeated your point checkmate fun-haver I win you'll never have fun breeding in my watch.
>>
File: download-8.jpg (5KB, 200x154px) Image search: [Google]
download-8.jpg
5KB, 200x154px
>>31664374
>People do something that changes absolutely nothing for their Pokemon compared
>Your Pokemon will have the Exact same IV's and items

Who gives a fuck as long as they don't bitch about it ?
>>
Breeding is fun because Pokemon fans have terminal levels of autism
>>
This entire thread is full of autists.
>>
>>31665149
This entire board is full of autists.
ftfy
>>
>>31664374
Eh, Pelago makes it less bad. And breeding seems to go faster in SM for some reason.

In before inject lol, I don't have the equipment and don't want to learn how to use it.
>>
Breeding actually became tolerable in SM since now, you're not limited to a fucking NPC to tell you how good or shit your recently hatched pokemon is.

>We waited seven fucking generations until we finally got something decent in the PC itself to judge and calculate our pokemons' IV

They're going to take that shit away from us, won't they.
>>
>>31666091
I mean they took the dexnav
>>
>>31664564
>Begging/paying for 6IV Destiny Knot Dittos

merf, there's practically a giveaway every now and then in here if not always, you'd have to be an idiot to miss out. Some are even authentic, I got my own authentic one thanks to a very kind anon. I always appreciated my Ditto and the anon who gave it away.

It's not like I hog my breedjects either, I like giving them out to people via Wonder Trade or to complete my Dex and give one as a thanks since they might help somehow. That was actually my early principle, to have something nice to give to people, I actually rarely breed.

I'm going for Regen Toxapex now so the few that get left, I might give them away.
>>
File: notimpressed.png (118KB, 323x250px) Image search: [Google]
notimpressed.png
118KB, 323x250px
>finally get the IV's you need, it's the wrong ability/gender
>repeat for hours
>it does it again
>repeat for hours
>it does it again
>and again
>and again

Nah.
>>
>breed magnemite for HP Fire
>it's either Dark or Ice.
Which IV needs to be less than 31?
>>
>>31666109
And super training.
>>
>>31666228
>hours
desu once you have the breedjects, breeding takes 20 minutes.
>>
>ITT: Autists who argue about different ways of playing Pokemon yet blasts others about how they play
Who fucking cares. Injectors inject. Breeders breed. Don't force or talk shit about the other if you're playing the same damn game.
>>
>>31666269
Then I'm obviously doing something majorly wrong here. Enlighten me m8.
>>
>>31666203
>my own authentic one
I have a Battle Frontier to sell you anon.
>>
>>31664374
The Tauros rodeo is totally fun
>>
>>31664901
We'll stop repeating it when you start refuting it.
>>
>>31664393
If you seriously believe breeding to be fun then you're quite literally autistic.
>>
>>31667554
You bit the bait and only proved the argument.
>>
>>31667571
>I was only pretending to be retarded! Rekt XD

Stay mad, breedcuck.
>>
>>31664715
just inject lol
>>
>>31666203
>I got my own authentic one
>thank to an anon
Yeah, sure it's """"""authentic"""""
>>
I inject some, and I breed/raise some. Finally getting something after a ton of trial/error is incredibly satisfying, but sometimes I just want to use a Pokemon right then.
>>
>>31666269
>breeding takes 20 minutes.

lol no it doesn't
>>
I've never heard someone say it was fun. I know how to inject, but I find that I care about and treasure my mon if I put in the time to breed for it. If you don't want to, don't. There's rentals.
>>
>>31664374
I have never seen someone claim breeding is fun, most of them just say they "want off the ride" or make jokes like
>50000 eggs
>I want to die lol
But they acknowledge that TV makes it less tedious than it is normally, and that it is necessary for people who dislike cheating.
>>
>>31666232
Speed and Special Attack need to be even iirc.
>>
>>31669906
Note: Also Phys Attack
>>
>>31664374
Winning against kids with unperfect pokemon is fun.
>>
>>31664542
I don't

Inb4 HE DOESNT LE LOSER IS YOU XD
>>
>>31664748
>well it's fun becau-
>LE BREEDERFAG THINKS IT'S FUN LOL XD WHAT A LOSER
>>
I think its funny that I've been breeding since before you posted this thread, perfectly entertained

No TV, no music, no nothin, just breeding mon after mon with a beer in my hand
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.