[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who hate Gens 6 and 7 so much, question for you. Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 118.jpg (90KB, 630x819px) Image search: [Google]
118.jpg
90KB, 630x819px
People who hate Gens 6 and 7 so much, question for you.

Why don't you just stop buying the new games? There's plenty of content in the older Pokemon games for you to get your fix. Then you can even factor in the spinoffs, side games, manga, anime, rom hacks and all that. There's so much.

Does anyone here just stick with the old DS era, for example? Or just the Game Boy games? Nothing wrong with it IMO.
>>
>>31661695
Because I don't buy them, I pirate them, and if I like the games I shall purchase them because they deserve the money for a game I like.
That's what I do, anyway, always give something a chance before calling it ass.
>>
>>31661695
>Why don't you just stop buying the new games?
I stop. But I still played.
GF will never see my money again through.
>>
>>31661695
I still like the Pokemon designs.
>>
>>31661695
How can you develop hate for a game that you've never played? You play the game first, then when you finish you decide whether or not you liked it.
>>
>>31661795
There are people on this board who bought XY, ORAS, and SM and hate all three. I'm saying, why not just stick with what you like and then pick up a new release after some research if it looks like something you'd enjoy?
>>
>>31661815
>some research
I don't wanna know other people opinion, I wanna see if I like the game or not.
Think by yourself, anon.
>>
>>31661851
And there never comes a point where you just don't bother anymore? Will you just blindly play games you dislike until they stop making them?
>>
>>31661695
You want to have faith in a company you've devoted over a dozen of years to
>>
>>31661890
>And there never comes a point where you just don't bother anymore?
Sooner than you think.
>Will you just blindly play games you dislike until they stop making them?
No. Often new pokemon games I only play 1 or 2 times. But the only way to know if I will like the game or not is if I play it. And for example, SM got great trailers, so I wanted to play it.
>>
I do.
won't stop them from making the same shit every year though
>>
>Why don't you just stop buying the new games?
I did briefly. XY soured me so much on the games I skipped over ORAS, that's the first time I've ever skipped a mainline pokemon game. From what I've heard from others I haven't really missed much either.

>Does anyone here just stick with the old DS era, for example?
Gen 4 and 5 are my favourites, and I'd happily replay them. But I like playing through the story and seeing new things happen each gen too. And I like catching new pokemon and trying new mechanics. Plus I love playing competitively and trading and I can't do that in gen 4 or 5 anymore.

I don't know whether or not I'll get the next mainline game, that depends on how it looks. But I don't want to stop buying them all together. Pokemon is my favorite franchise, and my favorite set of games, and gen 6 and 7 aside I've sunk ~900 hours into each of the games. Each game, up until gen 6, built upon the last and became better and better.

Gen 6 & 7 have taken the series in a direction I don't like. The music, characters, and locations have been extremely forgettable in them, the postgame content has been lacking. Both failed to expand upon several locations and plot points or give characters a chance to get a little more depth. Both felt rushed. Gen 7 didn't allow you to explore things, at every turn you were being directed from one place to another. One thing I really, really hated about gen 7 was how terribly background lore was handled. In most other games you'll get tons of books to read on interesting subjects on shelves, in the region's library, on tables. You'll get places like the Old Chateau/Strange House, or that one house by Snowpoint where the woman disappears. This game had far, far less of those details than in previous generations. The books were few and far between. The characters had the potential to be great this gen, the plot had the potential to be great this gen- and they failed to do anything with either.
>>
>>31661891
Pretty much.
>>
>>31662445
>>31662445
>Gen 6 & 7 have taken the series in a direction I don't like. The music, characters, and locations have been extremely forgettable in them, the postgame content has been lacking. Both failed to expand upon several locations and plot points or give characters a chance to get a little more depth. Both felt rushed.

I agree with this.
>>
>>31661695
I pirated gen 7 and XY, but I bought ORAS because I love Hoenn as a region.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.