[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know back in my day we didn't have post-game content.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 4

You know back in my day we didn't have post-game content. After the Elite 4 all there was left to do was catch Mewtwo. And that's the way we liked it. Kids these days are spoiled. You should be grateful to even be getting a Battle Tree.
>>
>>31661344
Okay Gramps
>>
>>31661347

no, but it's true, anon.

you're so disillusioned if you think main pokeon games has large end-game content rather than just generic battle facility of the generation, and some small sidequests.
>>
>>31661372
>*pokemon
>>
>>31661344
I agree with this. And if you actually do everything there is to do in games like SM, it'll last you a long time. I was 100 hours in before I got to the Elite Four in Y.

Problem is that /vp/ wants their Pokemon games to be endless, or at least have enough post-game content so that they can play it every single day until the next game, on repeat. Which technically they can do with breeding, catching, competitive battling, and things like the Battle Tree, but that's not enough for them.

It's very unrealistic and I've never witnessed anyone acting this way with any game but Pokemon.
>>
>>31661372
This
>>
File: 1484630476412.png (1MB, 746x718px) Image search: [Google]
1484630476412.png
1MB, 746x718px
>>31661392
You can breed, ok. You can battle online, but that get's boring after awhile and you tend to get locked into a meta. Having the Battle Frontier brought new ways to play an old mechanic and allowed more freedom in Pokemon use. Teasing it in ORAS was like a knife through the heart. The Delta episode was a neat addition, would it really kill them to add two or three more? You play standard through the entire game. It's fun, but it gets stale after awhile.
>>
>>31661392
Breeding and pokedex is boring, and other past games had better post game content; BW2 had parts of the region to explore, a bunch of side quests, and the black tower/white hollow, I get a minimum of 100 hours of game time a playthough, and When I try to do all post game things like beating the PWT, black tower, expolring all of unova, abysal ruins, beating Colress at least once, rechallenging N at least once, and catching a few side legendaries, it lasts way longer. On top of the fact that in that game if you see every pokemon in the regional dex, not catch, just see, you can get to catch a shiny haxorus
>>
>>31661392
>And if you actually do everything there is to do in games like SM, it'll last you a long time.
It takes about a good 50 hours, minus the time for the incessant cutscenes, to do everything in sun and moon. That's about the third shortest game after gen 1 and 2.

>It's very unrealistic and I've never witnessed anyone acting this way with any game but Pokemon.
That's because most games have enough content to last, have tons of secrets and hidden areas or change with each run.
Believe it or not pokemon once fell under one of these, in particular black and white 2, Platinum and Emerald had a large variety of end game and optional content but since gen 6 we've been in a constant state of regression where each game loses things to do which is why people are now complaining. After all we're even getting less pokemon.

It's very unusual to see people defending this
>>
>>31661537
>It takes about a good 50 hours, minus the time for the incessant cutscenes, to do everything in sun and moon. That's about the third shortest game after gen 1 and 2.

I just got to the third island and I'm 50 hours in. Catch Pokemon. Raise more than a team of 6.

>That's because most games have enough content to last, have tons of secrets and hidden areas or change with each run.

I can't even tell if this post is serious. People on /vp/ act like they should be able to buy one game and play that one game nonstop all year. Very few games actually allow for that without retreading the same old shit.
>>
>>31661571
I also raised more than a team of six, I raised around 15 pokemon and I did everything I possibly could up intil the elite four, and I beat the main game in about 20 hours, I got bored of the post game after some battle tree and the worst looker quest yet. The point of this being during the main game even when raising more than 6 is still small, the only reason I think you're taking so long is because a lot if your time is grinding.
>>
>>31661571
>People on /vp/ act like they should be able to buy one game and play that one game nonstop all year
Exaggerations aside, all people are asking for is an ounce of replayability. As in something that they can do if they decide to return to the game. In the case of sun and moon the only end game is the tree for the listed games at the very least people can just play rentals which provides them with different teams each time without the tedium and bore of breeding and catching. Which is why most don't consider them adequate endgame content.
>>
>>31661571
>I just got to the third island and I'm 50 hours in. Catch Pokemon. Raise more than a team of 6.
Yeah because everyone wants to swap out team members and go through the arduous task of grinding the new ones up.
We're you really that desperate for hours on the clock or something?
>>
>>31661672
>I also raised more than a team of six, I raised around 15 pokemon and I did everything I possibly could up intil the elite four, and I beat the main game in about 20 hours
>the only reason I think you're taking so long is because a lot if your time is grinding.

I'm hardly grinding. I'm exploring. I'm catching Pokemon. I bred some Abras for Synchronize. I'm check the NPCs to see what they have to say. I'm using Festival Plaza, Pokepelago, Refresh, and so on. Yes, I could have beaten the game already, but that doesn't mean that I'm grinding-- I'm actually only a little higher level than most NPCs.

>>31661683
>Exaggerations aside, all people are asking for is an ounce of replayability.

Why, when we're basically on a yearly release schedule?
>>
>>31661344
Red and Green where 20 years ago when they didn't even know if the games were going to sell 100 copies.
Nowadays Pokémon is one if not the most popular and money making video game franchise in the world, there is literally no excuse to half ass the games.
The "back then" shit just doesn't work with something like Pokémon you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>31661737
>Yeah because everyone wants to swap out team members and go through the arduous task of grinding the new ones up.
>We're you really that desperate for hours on the clock or something?

Desperate for hours on the clock? No, it's actually holding me up from playing my backlog. I'm just doing the things that are in the game. And in doing the things in the game, my team would be overleveled if I only used the same 6 Pokemon the whole game, so I have a few that I swap in and out.
>>
>>31661752
>Why, when we're basically on a yearly release schedule?
To play between releases maybe? Believe it or not people do like to revisit games they like.
>>
>>31661786
So revisit the games. What type of content are you actually looking for?
>>
>>31661770
>I'm just doing the things that are in the game.
Nigga you're wasting time grinding up an entirely new team.
>>
>>31661515
You naturally get to that when 70% of your dev time is destined to copying and pasting the previous game.
>>
>>31661799
>Nigga you're wasting time grinding up an entirely new team.
I'm not. For example, I caught a Whimpod at one point after I already had a good leveled Wishiwashi. I wanted to try Whimpod so I put him on my team at a point where he still stood a chance against NPCs. Between that an Exp Share I didn't have to waste time grinding.

So I'd argue that I'm just trying out the new Pokemon. Ever think that's why the NPC trainers have gotten easier? So that you don't have to stick with the same Pokemon the whole game?
>>
And that was perfectly fine 20 years ago

We've experienced better postgame since then though but to constantly regress compared to older titles is bad no matter which way you look at it
>>
>>31661797
>So revisit the games
How do you expect someone to revisit a game when there's nothing to do? As for the content, you should really have picked up on that throughout this thread.
>>
>>31661515
>pokedex is boring
Speak for yourself. While I didn't enjoy it as much in XY, due to SOS battles being a pain, I completed the Pokedex in XY and had a fucking blast. Just the sheer amount of Pokemon available in those games made them much more fun.
>>
>>31661846
What is the difference between revisiting XY vs revisiting Platinum?
>>
>>31661797
So what, do you just want someone to restart the game and go through the slog of cutscenes called SM?
Because there's literally nothing else in the game that isn't just basic pokemon.
>>
People like OP are the reason why this Gen and future Gens won't stop Kantopandering.
>>
>>31661859
More content. That's literally it. When they revisit, having multiple Symbols to earn lets you enjoy it for longer.
Not the anon you're talking to, so I'm just assuming here. I personally never bothered with BF more than once.
>>
>>31661881
>So what, do you just want someone to restart the game and go through the slog of cutscenes called SM?
>Because there's literally nothing else in the game that isn't just basic pokemon.

Minus the cutscenes can't the same be said about every Pokemon games? I don't understand what you guys actually want. Pokemon has been a formula since the beginning.
>>
>>31661859
I don't know maybe variety in content.
Plat has things like the underground, Contests, the BF, gym leader rematches and so on.
XY and by extension SM, has the maison/tree and a 30 minute fetch quest.
>>
>>31661908
>Plat has things like the underground, Contests, the BF, gym leader rematches and so on.

Maybe I'm just different, because I thought the underground was boring as all hell. I even had friends to play it with. Same goes for Contests, I never liked them.

I agree that gym leader rematches and a facility like the BF, Battle Tree, Maison, etc are nice to have, but most of that other stuff is lame.
>>
>>31661903
>Minus the cutscenes can't the same be said about every Pokemon games?
Is SM literally your first pokemon game? Just about every gave between gen 3 and 5 had a fuck ton of side content separate from the main game and filling out the dex.
The only game in both gen 6 and 7 that did that is ORAS because it's a damn remake
>>
>>31661946
>Is SM literally your first pokemon game? Just about every gave between gen 3 and 5 had a fuck ton of side content separate from the main game and filling out the dex.
>The only game in both gen 6 and 7 that did that is ORAS because it's a damn remake

I have played every single Pokemon game, side games included. What side content are you referring to? Things like the Sinnoh Underground, Battle Resort, and PWT? Because most people have little interest in those things given the current release schedule. It is literally just /vp/ crying every time.
>>
>>31661946
RS didn't and that's why ORAS didn't :^)
>>
>>31661934
It doesn't matter if they were fun or not. Just having side content is what matters. For the two people who actually liked them.

As an anon said yesterday, /vp/ prefers quantity over quality. It doesn't matter if the extra content is fun. Just have it exist.
>>
>>31661987
>It doesn't matter if they were fun or not. Just having side content is what matters.

Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>31661344
Pokemon is the only franchise I know where the new games have content and features cut from the previous games and people defend it. It's amazing in it's own way.
>>
>>31661987
>/vp/ prefers quantity over quality
In that case, SM had Plaza, Finder, Refresh, SOS Battles, Battle Royal and Tree. There's plenty of ways to keep you entertained.
>>
>>31661976
>Because most people have little interest in those things given the current release schedule.
What does the release schedule have to do with what people like and dislike when the fanbase as already voiced their concerns about content in the previous generation which has clearly fallen on deaf ears given SM.

All other shows is that gamefreak doesn't care about providing both a long lasting game and good alternative content. When they can just slap the pokemon name on something.
We have even lost hordes, triples and rotations, which despite not being the main modes were still fairly popular, for something no one asked for.
>>
>>31662061
>SM had Plaza, Finder, Refresh, SOS Battles, Battle Royal and Tree.
Which is why no one likes them here.
They removed the quality of their previous iterations which were
>join avenue
>snap
>hordes
>a frontier/pwt
For far inferior versions that rely on random chance and outright cheating to extend play time.

Basically what /vp/ wants is a reasonable amount of quality and quantity unlike the recent games that lack both.
>>
>>31662103
Having the same thing over and over again isn't much fun either. If they're "inferior" to you, I'd say that's your problem. Going by the amount of content, SM isn't lacking. That was my point.
>>
>>31662065
>All other shows is that gamefreak doesn't care about providing both a long lasting game and good alternative content.

These games have many hours more of quality main content than most AAA titles. That's what I'm saying. So you get 20-100 hours depending on what type of player you are, not even including online battles and tournaments, plus breeding, dex completion, etc. You get that once every year or two plus all the side games. That is more than people ask for from other franchises. All /vp/ does is bitch.
>>
>>31662134
Not to mention these games are intended for children, or at least to be accessible to children. The main demographic of these titles does not care if the game is 30 hours long or 300 hours long. In fact they prefer the former.
>>
>>31662132
>Having the same thing over and over again isn't much fun either.
And here defending SM that has done nothing new other than rename a few elements.
In any case, if you follow your own logic you would want the PWT or Contests ported over to SM rather than something like the tree because the tree has been present in about nine other games under different names like the tower or subway while the PWT has been in one and Contests three.
Understand?
>If they're "inferior" to you,
No, not to me.
They're by all means inferior objectively.

The plaza has no consistent system for gaining shops as in you don't have a higher chance of getting shops if you're at a higher level you could very well just get another 1 star shop. Join Avenue on the other hand had you level up shops as opposed to getting higher ranked ones at random.

Refresh is literally missing features in the minigames and no new ones were added at all.

SOS battles are another example of random chance just like the plaza. For starters they aren't certain even with an orb, with hordes you just need to use sweet scent.
That also extends the length of EV training where hordes in XY and ORAS had routes where mon of a stat were a certainty again the SOS battles are always random meaning turns where you're sitting and waiting.
Oh and things like Mareanie.

The Royal and Tree both are severely lacking in variety hell I remember back in the day I did something similar to Royals with multibattles also there's no sense of progression. It basically just starts on team-read mode from the first battle.
With the PWT and Frontiers in addition to multiple different modes like rentals, type master, the castle, the arcade, pyramid, pike, mix and so on it also has a decent progression where it gets progressively harder as you go on.

>Going by the amount of content, SM isn't lacking
It doesn't take a genius to see how lacking the game is. In both a quality and quantity standpoint it's funnily enough even below XY.
>>
>there are people in this thread comparing third version to SM
Remind me how fun was the BF in DP, or the PWT from BW. SM probably has the most content any first game ever had.
>>
>>31662149
That's a pretty flimsy excuse. GF themselves have gone on record to say that the series is meant to cater to all ages.

>In fact they prefer the former.
Wrong.
They'll still go back and play games when they feel like it, except for probably SM. The game was designed without replayability in mind.
Anywho, it won't affect the kids if the game has 300 hours of content because 270 hours of that is all optional postgame, get what I'm saying?
The kids can still have their short game and the adults can still gave their variety.
>>
>>31662392
I really did Enjoy the third on Unova we didn't get to see like Undella Bay and the Battle Zone in DP
>>
File: 1485488172178.png (371KB, 837x898px) Image search: [Google]
1485488172178.png
371KB, 837x898px
>>31661372
>>31661344
At least the Mewtwo fight wasn't BROKEN like the Battle Tree.
>>
>>31662392
>SM probably has the most content any first game ever had.
Eh, it's about fourth behind RS, DP and BW. Maybe tied with XY.

Oh yeah and you're forgetting how they wasted a fuck ton of dev time with the game with a bunch of unused shit.
>>
>>31662422
>They'll still go back and play games when they feel like it, except for probably SM. The game was designed without replayability in mind.
>Anywho, it won't affect the kids if the game has 300 hours of content because 270 hours of that is all optional postgame, get what I'm saying?
>The kids can still have their short game and the adults can still gave their variety.

Spoken like a true /v/ manchild, completely oblivious to what children are actually doing today rather than 15 years ago.

Do you really expect GF to include 270 hours of "optional postgame" to cater to grown men in their cartoon monster fighting RPG?
>>
>>31662466
BW had Subway, some places to explore and Musical.
DP had Contests and Underground.
RS had Contests.

That's hardly content. Even collecting all the outfits would take longer than completing those.
>>
I was going to make a post about the pros of Sun / Moon, but

> brb another cutscene
>>
>Contests
>Musicals
>Underground
>Pokestar Studios
>Pokeathlon
>Hidden Grottos
>Game Corner

Literally who actually cares about any of this shit? At least Battle Tower-style facilities provide an extra challenge doing the thing the games are actually about. And on top of that we have online battling and trading.

But if SM had all of the retarded minigames I just mentioned, /vp/ would sing its praises for having so much content. Doesn't matter if it's completely unfun dog shit.
>>
>>31662485
>BW had Subway, some places to explore, musical, entralink, abyssal ruins
>DP had Contests, Underground, Battle zone, great marsh, game corner, Battle tower
>RS had Contests, secret bases, trick house, game corner, safari zone, Battle tower

And if you're counting clothes you might as well add the base items for both RS and DP and things like Poffin/block-making.
SM really doesn't have as much content or even polish as you think it does.
>>
>>31662619
>/vp/ would sing its praises for having so much content.
Well duh, Then it would be a half decent game instead of the short mess we had.
>>
>>31662634
>musical, entralink, great marsh, game corner, underground, contests
>any of those actually being fun

/vp/ has shit taste.
>>
>>31662671
As opposed to the battle tower over and over and over again?
>>
>>31662670
>Well duh, Then it would be a half decent game instead of the short mess we had.

Why would it be made better by adding a ton of unfun nonsense that most people don't like or care about? Would you also like them to add tic-tac-toe, Pokemon karaoke, and a pedometer walking contest to the game to fulfill your desire for joyless and pointless content?
>>
>>31662697
>As opposed to the battle tower over and over and over again?

Hey, if they want to add something that's actually fun in addition to the battle tower, then by all means. But all the things I listed are fucking lame and boring features that most people don't give two shits about. At least you can battle Pokemon in the battle tower, which is what the game is about.
>>
>>31662700
Because they added a bunch of fun additions that people can play to break up the constant slog of battles.
>>
>>31662670
>games are better when they're packed full of dumb shit minigames

Shit. Taste.
>>
>>31662740
>Because they added a bunch of fun additions

Gotta stop you right there. All of that is so fucking shitty. Pokemon games are about catching and battling Pokemon. And you want to play a tap-tap smartphone game to dig for stones or play dress up with your Pokemon.

Literally just take a break and play other games if you don't like playing Pokemon.
>>
>>31662634
>SM had Finder, Customization, Battle Royal, Tree, Plaza, Zygarde Cells, UB hunt, SOS Battles, Refresh

I normally wouldn't count some of these, like Refresh, but your post was really reaching too, counting new stuff like Abyssal Ruins and Trick House. SM also has a whole bunch of dailies, like Pyukumuku Chucking.
>>
>>31661372
Im disillusioned because I know Gamefreak can do it but they won't
>>
>>31662713
>Hey, if they want to add something that's actually fun in addition to the battle tower, then by all means.
And they've done neither since Black and White 2. Instead all we've gotten are games that are essentially a reskin of the last with nothing new, fun or even challenging.
Hell they're even removing and slowing the core parts of pokemon, the exploration and Pokemon, for the shitty battles that they're even removing features from.
>>
>>31662802
And they haven't done third versions since BW2. First version are always lacking in better battle facilities.
>>
>>31662779
>but your post was really reaching too, counting new stuff like Abyssal Ruins and Trick House.
You know there's a pretty large gap between content like that and putting capturing pokemon as a separate thing right?
>>
>>31662435
what did you mean by this
>>
>>31662834
Playing with Pokemon, anon. RS/DP/BW didn't allow it, so this, too, is technically an extra feature. You also put stuff like Safari Zone, which is just capturing Pokemon, on your lists.
>>
>>31662825
>First version are always lacking in better battle facilities.
First versions also used to add new and interesting content. XY and SM didn't in fact they both went backwards.
>>
>>31662856
>Playing with Pokemon, anon.
Yes and that wasn't what I was talking about.
>You also put stuff like Safari Zone, which is just capturing Pokemon, on your lists.
Capturing pokemon with different mechanics to regular battles. Meanwhile the UBs are just capturing pokemon with the regular mechanics.

SOS battles are also just random wild double battles.
>>
>>31662860
That's completely and totally your subjective opinion. In fact, with Mega Evolution and Fairy-typing, as well as the jump to 3D with stuff like Amie, I'd say XY added more than any generation since RS.
>>
>>31662860
Actually I take that back XY added hordes, megas, super training, amie and even inverse battles as scarce as it was.
SM removed a chunk of megas and the amie minigames and just outright removed the rest.

>I'd say XY added more than any generation since RS.
Don't kid yourself.
>>
>>31662972
Last part meant for >>31662907 obviously
>>
100% agreed. All features added since gen 1 should be removed, because I still enjoyed gen 1 when I was 10.
>>
>>31662903
I'd argue running around throwing Poke Balls in Safari Zone, but with the chance to miss, is not much different from running around throwing Beast Balls, but I'll give up on this point.

>SOS battles are also just random wild double battles.
Chain Battles, anon. They go on for much longer and work in a slightly different way. If these are the same, then Battle Facility battles are also the same as any battle.
>>
This was before they had a fanbase... or a huge team... or a huge budget... or a plan of what this franchise would become... or the success to justify using more ressources and taking a longer time to make sure that these games are as good as they possibly can be...

I love RBY, but they were created two decades ago under completely different circumstances. They shouldn't be the standard for what a complete Pokémon experience is in the 21st century.

PS: Back then Pokémon Stadium was the fucking "post-game".

Retards... retards everywhere...
>>
>>31662779
Dude, are you fucking retarded?
Customization isn't content, just like every other game that allows you to change the look of your character with no other effect it's just a gimmick.
The UB hunt is just catching Pokemon. It's not even like a legend hunt or a roamer, they just appear in the grass like a regular mon.
SOS battles are just fucking double battles too.

So basically SM has the finder, Royal, Tree, Plaza, Zygarde Cells* Refresh
It's a fucking joke

*The Zygarde Cells are just fucking item hunts. That and the megastone hunt is barely content to begin with.

And are you seriously going to call a set of puzzles and a maze to explore fucking reaching?
I will never understand the logic of you SM retards.
>>
>>31661344
>>31661372

Fuck you Gamefreak apologist.

It's 2017, Gamefreak has been making Pokemon for 20 years at this point. It's EXPECTED of them to have things such as a meaty postgame, and only a cock gargler would defend the lack of it. That's like saying Final Fantasy shouldn have any End Game/Post game content because the first one didn't have much of it.
>>
>>31663144
Not him but at least people actually customize their characters, use the mega stones, and hunt the UBs.

Most people who play these games don't give a shit about things like the musicals, Pokestar, underground, etc. I far prefer customization and catching Pokemon to dressing up my Pikachu and making it dance around.
>>
>>31663212
>It's EXPECTED of them to have things such as a meaty postgame

Why do people expect games to have "postgame"? Literally give me more game after I already played and beat the game. I don't get it.
>>
>>31663221
>Not him but at least people actually customize their characters, use the mega stones, and hunt the UBs.
That doesn't make it fucking content you retard. Unless you want to say that purchasing potions and finding shards are content too because it's the same damn logic.

>I far prefer customization and catching Pokemon to dressing up my Pikachu and making it dance around.
So what you're saying is that instead of having a good game with a lot of options that amounts to a long lasting game you would rather want a pitifully short game that's extended by cutscenes.

No wonder Pokemon games are going to shit.
>>
>>31663221
It still doesn't count as content. It's just customization. UB hunt is literally just catching Pokemon. Safari Zone did it better, where it was harder to find Pokemon and even harder to catch them.
>>
File: 60425649_p0.png (818KB, 940x716px) Image search: [Google]
60425649_p0.png
818KB, 940x716px
>>31661344
>You know back in my day we didn't have post-game content. After the Elite 4 all there was left to do was catch Mewtwo.

That's still post-game content, retard.
You're not allowed into the cave until you become Champion.
You become Champion when you beat the game.
Thus, post-game.
>>
>>31663221
It's not about fun. It's about having more content. Get this through your thick skull already.
>>
>>31663259
>things in the game aren't content

Literally 100% of the things in the game are content.

>So what you're saying is that instead of having a good game with a lot of options that amounts to a long lasting game

I don't need the game to last longer if things like Pokemon dressup and tap-tap digging for stones are the things making it longer.
>>
>>31663283
>It's not about fun.
Of course it's about fun, as one anon said before getting the same thing over and over again isn't fun which is why there are people who want additional or new content to break up the monotony.
>>
>Chain Battles, anon. Which doesn't affect the battle.
The mon are still going to act the same way as they would in a regular double battle. Especially due to the random factor of it.

>If these are the same, then Battle Facility battles are also the same as any battle. Which do change the mechanics or progression in a meaningful way. Rentals are self explanatory
The Arcade gives you or your opponent an effect or item based on what you land on prior to battle.
The Pyramid is a maze.
Dome is a tournament style of progression and pits you against trainers that use specific strategies.
Arena is a skill based game where your choice of moves can determine the win if you don't KO your opponent after 3 turns.
The Pike gives the player different events based on the room they pick for example one room may poison your team or a single pokemon
The Palace was entirely based on your pokemon's nature and allowed them to battle on their own based on that
The Castle is essentially a survival type mode where you can earn points each round to manage healing, items and what not.
The Hall has you do 10 one on one rounds where you pick the type of your opponent.

There might be one or two that I'm missing but you can't call them the same by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>31663334
Meant for >>31663014
>>
>>31663295
>if things like Pokemon dressup and tap-tap digging for stones are the things making it longer.
So you are retarded, because that's what you're doing in SM and are currently calling legitimate content.

The worst part is that that dress up in the gen 4 contests actually had an affect in them unlike customization which is literally meaningless.

Christ, SM was the worst thing to happen to the Pokemon series.
>>
>>31663235
>Why do people expect games to have "postgame"?
>>
>>31663395
>So you are retarded, because that's what you're doing in SM and are currently calling legitimate content.

Literally 100% of the things in every single game ever is "legitimate content."

Then there are things that people use and like having in the game, like trainer customization, which is considered "good" content. Since people like it and use it.

Then there is garbage like Pokestar Studios that hardly anyone gives a shit about and I'd wager maybe 1 in 10 people who played BW2 ever bothered with after the tutorial. That is called "bad content".

So do you think most people would rather have "meaningless" content that they'll actually do something with, or minigames that other shit that people hardly touch?

Do you really hear anyone clamoring for fucking slot machines to make a comeback?
>>
>>31663334
What I had in mind when saying that was PWT. Type Master battles, rentals, all of those are you just battling, in a slightly gimmicky way. Same applies to SOS battles. You're just battling, in a slightly gimmicky way. Just that this time, more often than not, you're not just trying to win the battle.
>>
>>31663467
>Since people like it and use it.
Okay dude, not to butt into your intense conversation here but no one likes customization because of the barebones options. Not even the normies because they complained about the lack of options in both XY and SM.
God forbid if you're playing as the guy because the options are far more limited than they were in XY.

>Then there is garbage like Pokestar Studios that hardly anyone gives a shit about
Using that logic no one cares about customization either and that had legitimately negative responses

>That is called "bad content".
See above. Also ignored content =/= bad content but unfulfilling content and frankly lazy content does. Which perfectly sums up the UB and Cell hunt and customization.
And again using this logic both customization and the cell hunt are bad content because no one will bother with them. Customization because once they're settled on a style they'll go with it and the Cell hunt because it requires a guide and you can just send up from bank now to break down.

>So do you think most people would rather have "meaningless" content that they'll actually do something with, or minigames that other shit that people hardly touch?
I'd say the latter would be preferable because someone would like it while most just gloss over it. Where the former receives just about nothing.

>Do you really hear anyone clamoring for fucking slot machines to make a comeback?
Yes actually, I'd say you should get out of 4chan once in a while but that's said here too.
>>
>>31663579
Of course if you dilute it down to that then everything is just a regular battle but the fact of the matter is that every battle facility including the PWT changes something about the battle or the progression.
Mix battles have you swap a Pokemon with your opponent.
Type master is self explanatory as are rentals.

SOS battles don't. The "change" is that a wild double battle can occur.
Black and White achieved this 7 years ago.
>>
The term "post-game" was always an oxymoron.

The game is over. It's time to stop playing. Don't whine to gamefreak that you can't spend your entire life playing pokemon.

The "post-game" should be something you check out for 30 minutes, maybe 2 hours tops. It's just a little sideshow after the credits if you really care that much.
>>
>>31663670
You should probably learn what "oxymoron" means before you start using it in a sentence lest you look like a moron.

Just because the story is over doesn't mean that you should stop playing or that you've discovered everything the game has to offer after all.

>It's just a little sideshow after the credits if you really care that much.
In regards to sports, yes you're right.
In regards to video games it's replayability, something that gives you incentive to revisit the game that more often than not can enhance the game if said game has a new game plus.

Are you beginning to understand?
Believe it or not people may want to continue playing a game that they like without restarting the game from scratch.
>>
>>31663235

Because Pokemon is a fucking RPG. RPGs have postgame content, that's how it is, and it's been like that for a long time.

Even the latest Yokai Watch has more postgame than Sun and Moon.
>>
>>31663607
>Okay dude, not to butt into your intense conversation here but no one likes customization because of the barebones options. Not even the normies

Bullllllllshit.

>Also ignored content =/= bad content

It's content that no one gives a fuck about

>slot machines
>Yes actually, I'd say you should get out of 4chan once in a while but that's said here too.

4chan is literally the only place that I ever see anyone care about the game corner.

You faggots are hopeless.
>>
>>31663670
>The game is over. It's time to stop playing. Don't whine to gamefreak that you can't spend your entire life playing pokemon.
>The game is over. It's time to stop playing. Don't whine to gamefreak that you can't spend your entire life playing pokemon.

Now end this stupid fucking thread.
>>
>>31663736
I understand the definition perfectly. You should probably check your own biases before you start to condescend to someone because they don't agree with your warped expectation of content.

Post-game is an oxymoron. Or more precisely expecting to be able to "play" the post-game is contradictory. The game is over. It can no longer be played. It's time to play another game, or maybe do something more productive with your time, because life does not revolve around Pokemon.

Are you beginning to understand?
Believe it or not, game freak expects people to have things to do other than play each of their games for 1000 hours. 30-50 hours is a perfectly fine length for a game.
>>
>>31663760
>Bullllllllshit.
I assure you it isn't bullshit, the customization in gen 6 was met with statements like "what's the point if there's nothing worth wearing" and the same applies to gen 7.
Again, especially if you're a guy.

>It's content that no one gives a fuck about
Again, just like customization.

>4chan is literally the only place that I ever see anyone care about the game corner.
As well as Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, Facebook et cetera, et cetera. You can deny their existence all you want but they exist on just about every site where people can voice themselves.
>>
>>31663824
Play the game online. Most of the players use the customization. So even if it isn't perfect, it is content in the game that most people utilize.

A feature that people aren't 100% thrilled with the implementation of is better than a feature that no one gives a flying shit about and doesn't use.

Customization the way it is now is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better feature than the fucking Sinnoh Underground ever was. People people care about it and actually use it, whether it's perfect or not.
>>
>>31663824
>game corner
I will never in my life understand this.

http://www.freeslots.com/Slot33.htm

There ya go. Now do you still need this exact thing in your Pokemon game?
>>
>>31661344
>And that's the way we liked it
Bullshit. I remember being six and hating it. I would restart the game and try it with a new starter because there was nothing else to do afterwards. Don't excuse Gamefreak because you had shit taste as a child. I know I would have flipped the fuck out if there was a Battle Anything in the games after the Elite Four.

Anyway, that was then, this is now. With all the money that Gamefreak pulls in, they have no excuse to actually try and give a good experience. They've already showed that they can do it well three times now.

It's not even just the post game stuff. There's so much they could improve on, from customization, to walking Pokemon, to not fucking the frame rate during a totem battle, to quality of life stuff, and so much more. It seems like they enjoy taking one step forward and two steps back.
>>
>>31663817
>Or more precisely expecting to be able to "play" the post-game is contradictory.
Which is where your misconception comes into play.
The game isn't over at all, you can still physically place it in the system, turn it on and play it. What is over however is the story which is where they "post" part comes into play.
As in you're playing the game post completion of the story rather than having finished the game.

In other words, in this context the term "post game" is not and will never be contradictory.

Another thing you don't seem to understand is that returning to a game during a playthrough of another is extremely common, especially during a game with a particularly long campaign like say Xenoblade, GTA or and Elder Scrolls game.
On top of that, being productive while using your spare time to play games seems to be an entirely foreign concept to you.

>Believe it or not, game freak expects people to have things to do other than play each of their games for 1000 hours.
Which is why they gave players the insane and extremely time consuming global missions to do right? Which if I recall correctly was failed twice because people weren't playing.

So which is it, do they or do they not expect people to play for an insane amount of time? And even then it doesn't take into account their previous games.
>>
>>31663853
>Play the game online. Most of the players use the customization.
They use it because it's there anon, not because they're happy with it or accept it. With that said not even a quarter of players venture into online play so it's not entirely accurate to say "most".

>it is content in the game that most people utilize.
And the same could be said for Contests, Underground, Musicals, Pokestar and so on. The best part is that there are no qualms with the actual content when feedback is given.
Well, aside from the dancing and dress up in gen 4 but that's gen 4.

>Customization the way it is now is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better feature than the fucking Sinnoh Underground ever was.
By being a feature that has not only angered more players initially but was actually made worse in a subsequent game much to the chagrin of players who had faith in GF improving it?

Last time I checked that's far worse than the Underground.
>>
>>31663853
>So even if it isn't perfect, it is content in the game that most people utilize.
Dude, no.
What happens is that they put something on in first shop then they don't bother with anything else unless it's the Skull Tank.
Have you ever taken a walk around the Plaza or played online? They're all early shit or the tank.
>>
>>31663817
Who the fuck thinks a video game is over once you beat the "final boss"?
It's a video game you nigger, they aren't finished until you've 100%ed it

Think you've finished Sonic? No, gotta get those Emeralds bitch.
What about Persona 4? Pick up that controller/vita and kill that mother fucker Izanami and fill out your compendium.
Super Mario World? Get your ass in the Star World and finish that Special Zone
Games like Sonic even mock you for not doing things properly.

Just because you've beaten the story doesn't mean you've finished the game you retard. And "post game" refers to the game post STORY.
>>
>>31661392
Breeding and competitive battling are not postgame content.
>>
>>31661344
Why the fuck is a series like Pokemon being held to such low standards? With all the money these fuckers (as in Game Freak and Nintendo.) make they should definitely be able to make better games than the shit they gave us with S/M. S/M are inexcusable. Some of the people on this board are starting to remind me of Smash Bros. fags.
>>
>>31665265
People who started or returned with SM anon. Basically they're defending it because they see it as good without realizing what they've missed. Which is also why this "postgame is a meme!" thing has cropped up in the last few months.
>>
>>31664034
>With that said not even a quarter of players venture into online play so it's not entirely accurate to say "most".

How do you know this?
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.