[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All the mainline games were good (at least for their time).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: pokeprotags.jpg (92KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
pokeprotags.jpg
92KB, 600x424px
All the mainline games were good (at least for their time). Who /everygen/ here?
>>
>>31645593
I'm not the only one, who knew
>>
>/everygen/
>only 3 gens
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>31645593
we out here
>>
File: 20170202_220634.jpg (151KB, 562x528px) Image search: [Google]
20170202_220634.jpg
151KB, 562x528px
>>31645593
>Implying XY was ever good
>>
Never played gen 1 but I've played every gen since 2, and enjoyed them all. Though I've stopped buying them on release date
>>
>Raises hand
You're not alone anon. Though thankfully there hasn't been many genwar threads as of late
>>
>>31645624
Thought it was alright honestly. I get why folks dislike and agree on a lot of points (shitty story, low crop of new mons, etc) but the core experience was still the same. Maybe I'm just a shill but they would have to actively be trying to make on outright shit mainline game.
>>
>>31645715
Forgot to add but, never really played much of DPP though didn't see anything that would shake my stance.
>>
Hell yes

Sure they all have their different strengths and weaknesses, especially compared to one another, but I love them all
>>
not playing ruby sapphire or emerald probably helped me get into oras. wasn't mad at how little things had changed from ruby and sapphire and wasn't as bothered with the midding emerald stuff.
>>
>>31645593
I completely agree.
>>
File: 1482516897504.png (29KB, 159x168px) Image search: [Google]
1482516897504.png
29KB, 159x168px
>>31645593
Who would've guess? I mean, that must be why everyone is only comparing Pokemon games with other Pokemon games, not any other shit game.
>>
>>31645715
>low crop of new mons
Aloha only has nine more

Go Gen 5
>>
Not really a fan of BW1 or SM at all, sorry. It's fine if others like them though.
>>
>>31645593
Wrong thread but I don't care

How do Sun and Moon stack up with the other games? For reference I loved gen 3 (and remakes) hated gen 4, enjoyed gen 5, and thought gen 6 was too easy (but I enjoyed playing dress up)
>>
>>31648248
And here we see a rare alternate form of Anon; a form that accepts other people's opinions despite not agreeing on them, something ordinary Anons are incapable of.
>>
>>31648354
People will call me a shill, but I thought SM was the best game I ever played, although I never played BW/BW2. It was very difficult, even with the xp share. Difficult for a pokemon game that is. I dont really have time to list everything so...
>>
>>31648233
>tfw will never have an entirely fresh new gen like in BW
hurts
>>
>>31645593
I'm not going to say I like /everygen/ equally (Sinnoh and ORAS Hoenn are my least favorite with Unova and Alola being my absolute favorites) but I don't outright hate certain gens.
>>
>>31645593
I love every pokemon game.
>>
>>31646941
Funnily enough, rse didn't hamper my enjoyment of oras. It was the middle of the road remake. Not as good as hgss, not as "Stick exactly to the old experience" as frlg

>>31645593
There's a reason my personal ranking of games is in roughly order of release, and it's not due to hating the old games. Wish more people realized that Pokemon tends to be pretty consistent
>>
>>31648354
It has the exp share of Gen 6 but the exp scaling of Gen 5. It's deceptively easy at the start, then late game starts ramping up leveld and difficulty rapidly to the point that at the start of one dungeon I was overlevelled and by the end I was slightly underlevelled

However, you still need to be mindful of the exp share. If you catch everything you see while playing the story and fight every wild Pokemon, your levels will start climbing a fair bit unless exp share is off

It's pretty story heavy in a Gen V way, although its cutscenes can be a bit unbearable at times
>>
>>31645593
Eh, you can only really think that way if you only play pokemon.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.