[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Gen3 games still worth replaying? I'm in the mood to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: ZoTk1UD.jpg (64KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
ZoTk1UD.jpg
64KB, 500x282px
Are Gen3 games still worth replaying? I'm in the mood to play R/S/E or FR/LG again but it's been a long time so I don't actually know if they've held up well. For example I could just play ORAS instead.
>>
Most definitely. Unless you've got a real boner for the Physical/Special split, they hold up just fine.
>>
>>31642155
They play so fast too. Quick and snappy.
>>
FRLG is hit or miss. You may find it a bit boring in comparison to later games, or it may be fine. Emerald still holds up fine. So do the Gamecube spinoffs.
>>
>>31642155
That's the one thing I forgot about. Remind me again the implications of that split
>>
>>31642304
Moves are separated into physical and special ones invidually. In gens 1-3 it was determined by the move's type. For example physically powerful Water type Pokémon sucked since Water-type attacks were special.
>>
>>31641999
FRLG are some of my favorites. RS are almost entirely overshadowed by Emerald. If you already played emerald you can try RS for shits and giggles. As much as I like gen 3 if you didn't play it before the newer games it might seem like a chore.

Just play ORAS unless you want something simple and 2d.
>>
>>31642390
Emerald is way better than ORAS
>>
>>31641999
If you're playing a rom, you could just get a patch for the special/physical split, and things like infinite tms too.
>>
File: JunichiSplit.jpg (58KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
JunichiSplit.jpg
58KB, 640x426px
>>31642304
It hurts a lot of pokemon but helps a select few.
>>
>>31641999
FRLG, Emerald and the Gamecube games are all worth a play.

I mean if you really want the split ORAS is still there but it failed to invalidate Emerald so you can't just say there's no reason to play Emerald instead.
>>
>>31642408
Sure but if for some reason you rather play a 3d game over a 2d game you might want to play ORAS.
>>
>>31642367
agree. it was game breakingly bad
>>
>>31642367
So if you wanted a water Pokemon it was always better to have one with high Sp. Atk if they were using water moves? Whereas in later gens you could have a water type learn a physical water move (waterfall?) if they have high Atk?
>>
>>31642155

I should really replay Emerald with the mods that enable the split. I wonder if it would break the Frontier since the A.I isn't programmed to account for it.
>>
>>31642576
Exactly.

Water, Fire, Grass, Electric, Ice, Psychic, Dark and Dragon Attacks were considered Special. Other types were physical.
>>
>>31642634
I played emerald with split enabled, Frontier worked fine. Expect Anabel's Alakazam to be a pushover.
>>
>>31642367
>>31642706
Is there a list somewhere of Pokemon that got cucked in Gen1-3 by not having the split? I mean I could just go through and check their stats individually but I'm sure some place has compiled a list of Pokemon based on physical./special type and whether they had shitty Atk/Sp Atk
>>
>>31642634
A.I. if I recall correctly simply calls the damage calculation formula to determine which move is most useful, since that formula itself is modified with the split the split will be taken into account.
>>
File: 1484604745637.png (1MB, 2230x2914px) Image search: [Google]
1484604745637.png
1MB, 2230x2914px
>>31641999
I replayed Emerald recently and had a great time. I even tried some breeding and EV training for the Frontier but ended up only playing with rentals in the Factory. I recommend Emerald if you're looking to play the old Hoenn games.

FR/LG are fun too. The Sevii Islands were a nice addition/sidequest and they remind me of simpler plots in Pokemon that left more room for exploration and imagination.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.