[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An honest question: what is so bad and "immoral" about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 19

File: IMG_5230.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5230.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Many people are against it and some go far as to say that it is "immoral." Verlisify is one of the notorious people in the community who is so against it that he dedicated some of his videos to this regard.

I want answers.
>>
what's the point of owning anything if you can have everything
>>
>>31641937
I don't blame people for genning, but it doesn't feel real so I don't do it
>>
File: stop.jpg (114KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
114KB, 762x464px
Stop injecting Pokémon.
>>
>>31642011
this
also i hate injectfags who shill their shit everywhere
>>
>>31641937
So people feel validated they spent their whole day breeding a viable pokemon instead of actually playing.
>>
>>31642098
Is it possible to do a mix? What if you hack in a 6iv ditto but breed the rest of your pokemon and catch for stuff like h/a
>>
>>31642032
For what reason? None? Alright then.
>>
>>31642098
>instead of actually playing.
but it's literally actually playing
>>
File: 1485398456446.jpg (301KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
1485398456446.jpg
301KB, 600x535px
I don't care what you do with your game. Inject all you want as long as the output is legal.
>>
they are salty that they are wasting their time.

I'm still a bit salty myself because I've wasted a lot of time in gen4.
>>
>>31641937
People like feeling indignant.
>>
>>31642130
yes? of course it is. I can't justify hacking in pokemon wholesale (not because I'm against it, do whatever you like I don't give a shit) but I'll get my mate to trade me 6IV dittos and other parent pokes.
>>
>>31642164

This. No idea why people get up in arms about other people injecting.
>>
To be fair, there are people who pay for PokéBank to transfer their Pokémon from one game to another, so there's that...

But people like Verlisify blow it out of proportion and act high and mighty by creating drama and calling out people who do it on his channel to generate more views and he probably milk some money from these videos.
>>
>>31641937
You have to at this point with Bank now blocking legitimate poke's.

>No extremespeed Lioone

>No Mew glitch Mew

>No cross-gen evos of pokemon caught in Gen 1 VC
>>
Just a bunch of Salty retards that don't know how to hack their 3ds.
>>
It gives an unfair advantage in a competitive setting.
>>
>>31643081
>glitch pokemon
>legit

come on now
>>
>>31643158
Can I ask a legitimately confused question? I am not being aggressive or anything, I just honestly don't understand this.

How is it an unfair advantage if the injected Pokemon has legal stats, move pool, ability, and everything else?
>>
File: tmz-logo.jpg (116KB, 1024x707px) Image search: [Google]
tmz-logo.jpg
116KB, 1024x707px
>>31643139
Sure, why admit there's a problem when you can just blame the other side? It's so much easier to demonize anyone who complains, than it is to admit that things are getting out of hand.

And why admit that one of the most controversial figures in the community might actually have a legitimate point when it's so much easier to hide behind excuses and ad hominems? Next on TMZ...
>>
>>31643173
You catch the thing fair and square without gameshark cheats and that fits my personal definition.
>>
>>31643226
I compare it to RNG abuse with the bit of work you put in it.
>>
File: milo.png (269KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
milo.png
269KB, 500x500px
>>31643158
uh, unless you put illegal moves or over 510 total IVs on a poke, no it doesn't

t. breedfag with a shitton of 5 IV pokes from tauros simulator

As long as you don't go around telling people how they should or shouldn't play the game, I don't give a fuck if you inject or not, just don't send me your injected pokes to me on wt because they are going to be released
>>
>>31643139
Or lazy retards that want to play the game without playing the grindy parts...
Laziness is my big irk, but i have no problem with genning as long as they keep their fucking mouth shut about how good they think they are when they copy everything off of one person/ site anyways.
if you can't put in the time to play the game, you shouldn't be playing it
>>
>>31643158
Define unfair. You have a shit ton of time to breed for a tournament and don't give me that not enough time bullshit I bred a flawless Jangmo-O day 2(no Ditto) after launch and then the rest of my team within a week with all of them having 4(when available) chain bred EMs..
>>
File: 1481075983775.jpg (51KB, 670x542px) Image search: [Google]
1481075983775.jpg
51KB, 670x542px
>>31643257
What if I send you a perfectly genned Pokemon or a clone of a legit Pokemon how could you tell the difference?????
>>
>>31643257
i agree, but with the current generation of people in general being egotistical assholes that want instant gratification, hacking just tends to ruin a game because it loses all reason to play/grind when you have to then grind 3x harder and longer than others.
It just comes back to my gamer mentality, you play the beginning, middle, and end, even if the middle is a trod, but nobody wants to actually have to WORK for something, they want to start the game and be at end game so they can face the best of the best.
>>
>>31643288
They can't, unless injector Fucks up.
>>
>>31643288
if you send him a pokemon in genreal, he will probably release it
>>
File: 1480733225945.png (306KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
1480733225945.png
306KB, 500x504px
First off, Verlisify is a huge faggot. Never listen to what that idiot says.

Second, just do whatever you like to do. Inject for competitive, capture for main game. As long as everything is legal on your injected Pokemon, I have no qualms with it.
>>
>>31643220
When it comes to battling a legit or genned Pokemon have absolutely no advantages over the other both will be competitive perfect so why does it matter to you how people got them?
>>
>>31643081
My extreme speed linoone passed just fine.
>>
>>31643288
then I won't know the difference, I was mostly reffering to stupid shit like max IV level 100 kartana off of wondertrade like I got earlier in the week
at least I got a free assvest out of it though, because fucking having to wait for a tournament to end before I can use one in battle tree if I want to use a team that isn't the locked one, shit's annoying
>>
File: 1472685227591.png (91KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
1472685227591.png
91KB, 400x398px
>>31643327
True but you're missing the point here which is you can't tell the difference between a legit and a genned Pokemon and with that it doesn't really matter whether you use or don't genned Pokemon
>>
>>31643139
But with Soundhax it's so easy
>>
File: jhk.png (15KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
jhk.png
15KB, 204x247px
>>31641937
>immoral
>>
Genning Pokemon in the actual Pokemon universe seems immoral to me but then there's mewtwo. Genning digital creatures on a game made for children is not that serious. Pokemon is not real life but it is to some people.
>>
>morality

lol wut

I just think it completely sucks the fun from the game. What's the point in collecting if you can have everything at the flip of a switch? Why trade if you will never get anything better. Why even bother in raising pokemon.

All are left are battles and let me remind you that you paid $40 for this game and Showdown is fucking free with exactly the same function you can do with pkhex, except that it's no longer an inherent advantage.

Congratulations
>>
File: tumblr_m8clfqF7qV1qadba2.png (110KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8clfqF7qV1qadba2.png
110KB, 429x410px
>what's so immoral about cheating on a multiplayer game
>>
>>31641937

Verlisify is shit. shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

on the other hand, I say do what you want so long as it's within the privacy of your own game. when doing multiplayer, however, do try to respect whoever you're playing with.

so if you're trading with a friend who doesn't like genned pokemon, don't trade them a genned 'mon. that's a dick move.

personally, I don't gen. partly because I think it'd ruin the fun, partly because I can't be assed learning how.
>>
What is wrong with genning pokemon if you can't legitimately obtain it in-game? My favorite pokemon happens to be Mew. Oh wait, it can't be legitimately found or caught in-game.

Same with mega-stones. Why can't I give myself some mega-stones if it isn't legitimately obtainable in-game?
>>
>>31643081
e-speed linoone is legal in every way. there even was an event las year or so for it in korea only
>>
I have a much better question. Why don't you have the balls to just admit that you're doing something wrong? It's not like it so wrong that you should be condemned, just admit hey I'm an asshole and move on
>>
>>31644007
You're not cheating against other players. You battle using the same rules and same posibilities. Legit or not, both have equal chances to win.
>>
>>31644380
>both have equal chances to win.
Not when you have ten times more chances to practice because you injected everything while I trained legit.
>>
>>31644405
No one is stopping you from using Showdown to practice.

Anyone can come up with a rebuttal for >>31644217 ?
>>
>>31644405
so, a black guy has better chances at winning a basketball match because he was born black while you couldnt keep up with him because you're white?
>>
>>31641937
Same reason people look down on aimbots I suppose.
>>
>>31644405
Using that logic a person who doesn't have a job is also cheating, since it has the time to practice ten times more than people who work.

Time is your issue here.
>>
>>31644447
Not him but that doesn't make sense for either side of this retarded argument.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 360x240px
>want Double-edge Aerodactyl
>have to transfer from FRLG through to Moon
>>
>>31644447
I don't understand Basketball at all, why would a black player have more chances?

>>31644437
Showdown isn't the same as the 3DS. On Showdown you have 2 minutes to make a move, the program tells you what the opponent has revealed and it even tells you the max speed of the opposing pokemon.
>>
File: 1483685338265.jpg (120KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483685338265.jpg
120KB, 500x500px
>>31644524
>aerodactyl still doesn't have access to rock head
>>
>>31644519
That's how every sports go, no?

A person who spent their whole life playing football will be more skilled than someone who only plays on the weekend. That's the epitome of fair.
>>
File: Race-Distribution.png (154KB, 833x538px) Image search: [Google]
Race-Distribution.png
154KB, 833x538px
>>31644547
black people surely have something going in the genetics department
>>
>>31644558
Ability Capsule son.

But Double Edge is still poor considering it could have Head Smash and Brave Ptero
>>
>>31644566
So... You call that cheating?
>>
>>31644601
shit, meant head smash
>>
>>31644599
>reading Eyeshield 21
>DOHOHOHO BLACK GENES
Fucking Panther
>>
>>31643081
>Bank
>Blocking legitimate pokes
My E-speed Linoone passed fine.

Does the Mew from the RNG abuse in R/B/Y really not pass through bank?
>>
>>31641937
Summary: it's akin to counterfeiting. Making false things to pass off as real.
>>
>>31642910
It's probably because he thinks he loses so much because everyone genns
>>
>>31641937
I genned for hidden abilitys that I can't get normally. I've tried GTS looking Tepigs HA and got Blaze every fucking time.
>>
>>31645019
>Does the Mew from the RNG abuse in R/B/Y really not pass through bank?
Yes.
>>
>>31641981
>>31642040
>>31642011
>>31642098
>>31643220
>>
>>31645082
You couldve maybe checked the wi-fi general, there are a good lot of people there willing to help ya out. And besides, for a few days after banks initial release, there was a problem with trading island scan available pokemon with the transferred abilities
>>
It skews the very simple idea of supply and demand.
If you can gen whatever you want, why would I want to trade with you? You already have whatever I could give you. It's fruitless.
Legendaries lose their value (which is based on its scarcity), shinies lose their value (same reason), and if there's no value to anything, then it all becomes equally worthless. What's the point in trading?
And then there's the battling thing. Yes, your Pokemon is just as "legal" as any other, but the fact remains that you used means that are against the rules. Cheating is cheating. In addition, you get instant gratification AND suddenly presume to be as dedicated as anyone who doesn't cheat?

If you gen or inject, you're a casual at best and a piece of shit at worst.

News flash: breeding is part of the game. So you can play the game as it was intended or go back to Showdown where people don't give a shit. I came here to compete with people as dedicated as I am, not fucking corner-cutters.
>>
File: cyndaquil eyes.jpg (32KB, 446x460px) Image search: [Google]
cyndaquil eyes.jpg
32KB, 446x460px
>Even if the Pokemon is modified to have possible stats, it is an illegal Pokemon
>There is no such thing such as legal stats obtained through PKHeX
>If there's any modification, any PKHeX, that Pokemon is illegal
>There is no such thing such as competitively viable hacked Pokemon
>What if you're just like a little kid and you want to play competitively and you get a hacked Pokemon on Wonder Trade and you get flagged as a hacker and just get banned outright
>It's pathetic how these top-tier players use almost nothing but cheated Pokemon in championships. I thought that Pokemon VGC at least showed some sportmanship without having to rely on cheating in order to do their bidding.. I'm willing to bet that they can't even beat my Gardevoir/Dodrio combo without using any cheat
>So they like pokemon enough to play competitively in championships, but not enough to catch, train, and breed pokemon in their game. They're like every antagonist in pokemon history!!! The fucking irony!!!
>lol cheaters don't even know the difference between breeding and soft reseting. If you're pretending to be legit at least sound legit...
>Face palm!!!!!!!!!!! WHY?!!!!! WHY ARE THE TOP VGC PLAYERS TURNING INTO AMATEURS?!!!!!!!!!
>Stuff like this is bs do they actually play the game or just get a game hack it and that's it. What's the point of even playing conpetively when you are actually using Pokémon that are over powered I get no selfish satisfaction of doing stuff like this to win what exactly oh right ranking that means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING now that sun and moon gave us better way to ev train people should use that to their advantage not hacking the game just to get perfect ev without wasting a few hours.
>Ugh. POKEMON IS MEANT FOR FUN NOT BREAKING!! C'MON CHEATERS, USE POKEMON FOR FUN NOT EXPERIMENTING.
>Man why can't people just breed a legit 6 iv Pokémon. Such impatient people
>>
>>31641937
I don't do it because it's really fucking lazy and unsatisfying. I say this growing up with RBY and then in GSC discovering gameshark for the first time like is was fucking magic. Everything was so boring after the first week after getting shinies and Celebi and shit on a whim.

It takes all the excitement out of the game and trivializes the value. I'm not gonna sit here and shit on injectors for cheating even though they are fucking cheaters. Some people do it because they have less time or they're just lazy and impatient fucks, I don't care much about that aspect of it. I have mons from all the way back from Gen III, shiny, or just favorite mons of the day. They're not valuable in the sense that they are min-maxed or their rarity (because lets be honest, data is in the end data) but because of the memories from playing the game. Time put in breeding, that holy shit moment of finding a shiny. You can't get that out of injecting, especially with shiny mons.

I guess if you only picked up the games recently, pokemon is just another game, but I'm still having good times building up a collection of pokemon that spans back years. Can't get that shit injecting.
>>
>>31645249
>supply and demand

Not a valid argument. Your argument implies that more trade is a good thing and should be required. What if I want to be self-sufficient? What if I do not have internet access? For a game with a focus on catching 'em all to complete your collection, why isn't the entire collection available in-game to be caught? Would you also buy a house that doesn't come with a roof? Yea. didn't think so.
>>
>>31641937
Well OP, breeding used to take a long time to produce that sweet perfect IV with compatible nature that you always wanted. Injecting provides a simple shortcut, and obviously breedfags got salty that injectfags can still achieve the same result without all the effort of going through breeding. Though with this gen, we have destiny knot, everstones, judge PC, bottle caps and so on that breeding is much less of a hassle than what it used to be.

Then there's people like verlis who thinks that injecting is a crime punishable by death, and retards spamming 'just inject lol' regardless of whether they themselves actually inject or not.
>>
>>31644603
Not him. He put that wrong.
See it more like a work or task. And the pay off being able to practice.

If you bred, you're doing the work before being able to practice. You're getting "paid" (practicing and battling) after doing your "work" (Breeding).

When genning/injecting/whatever, you're getting paid while not working.
How's that fair?

In any case, I don't care as long as the people who inject or generate a Pokémon doesn't scream around mocking people who play legit. This comes from someone who bred everything, I caught Ditto with 4 IVs via chaining and all that.
>>
>>31645575
>Though with this gen, we have
Breeding for 5IV has become some damn easy, even in VI, now in VII it really is painless unless you're doing something super specific and don't have what I call "the tools" (various 4IV Ditto, 25 Abra synchros, Flame Body mon, SOS/Radar breeding stock, etc). If you're just a little prepared, you get your target within maybe an hour or so.

I don't get people who think that's a massive hassle. I guess it really just comes down to a general disdain for the actual game itself outside battling. Would make sense since we're accommodated so well now in regards to breeding compared to the older Gens, and they can't appreciate that fact of how much easier it is since they never bother at all.
>>
>>31641937
Nothing, it's just a matter of getting Pokémon more conveniently. Verlisify whines about it because he wants his breeding "effort" to be worth it.
>>
>>31644547
>On Showdown you have 2 minutes to make a move
You have a time limit on the 3DS as well.

>the program tells you what the opponent has revealed
The game also tells you what Pokémon your opponent has, and you can easily write down or just memorise what they revealed, in fact the former is how everyone does it in tournaments.

>it even tells you the max speed of the opposing pokemon
When you play on the 3DS, you can pull up any site with stats and find out the max speed of any Pokémon as well.
>>
>>31645881
>You have a time limit on the 3DS as well.
That's the point. Training with 2 minutes to make a move is much less effective than only 45 seconds.

>The game also tells you what Pokémon your opponent has, and you can easily write down or just memorise what they revealed, in fact the former is how everyone does it in tournaments.
Not nearly as convenient as what Showdown does.

>When you play on the 3DS, you can pull up any site with stats and find out the max speed of any Pokémon as well.
Good luck doing that and every other double checking in the 45 second limit.

Just accept that training on the true game is much more effective than training on showdown.
>>
There's two kinds of people in the current Pokémon fanbase

Those who inject data that constitutes Pokémon.

Those who inject feels and take pride on a bunch of data that constitutes Pokémon.

Both pathetic.
>>
>>31642159
No its not
>gen a perfect vulpix
>oh i dont need to catch it anymore
>gen everything
>never have to go into tall grass again to catch something
>>
>>31645249
Thinking that shiny Pokémon are worth shit.

Oh boy, that's beyond retarded.
>>
>>31641937
I don't think it's wrong or anything and I have cfw setup so I could do it if I wanted, but I know it would ruin the fun for me. I have no issue owning genned stuff though cause how else am I gonna get my shiny jirachi?
>>
I seriously cringe beholding these retards trying to justify how genning affects the competitive scene.
>>
>>31646079
Same stats, same abilities, no bullshit, fox only final destination.

There is no advantages to it other than cutting corners, wich is the meaning of the word hack.

There is no actual cheating as both players stand on equal grounds.
>>
File: 1485134072985.jpg (58KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1485134072985.jpg
58KB, 288x288px
As someone who does actually breed/SR, I've got no problem with injecting as long as they keep it legal. Hell, I use about 4 different Breeding 6IV Dittos for my projects.

The reason I breed is because it feels rewarding that after that work, you get something really good (like the 4IV 0 speed Shiny Torkoal I bred a month ago). You feel really accomplished. also I'm too lazy to learn how to get that injection software

Now for those who do inject, I understand - you just get to battle faster than everyone else with your new competitive team. That's fine, too. I'm an impatient fuck as well!

Just as long as they don't do anything obviously wrong, it really all comes down to skill in the end. A genned team is no better or worse than a non genned team - it's how the player uses it that makes it work.
>>
>>31645406

Granted I think we get different things out of the franchise but I have been playing this franchise within weeks of this series coming out in the US, and I still gen my shit because I enjoy the battling above everything else.

Breeding takes way too fucking long. I've tried to start from scratch with breeding since X and Y came out, and god damn, does it take way too fucking long. I had a good 400 hours clocked onto my Y cartridge before I got my first competitive team, and that team had CRAWDAUNT on it. Imagine that kind of team, then think about how much work it's gonna take someone who has that kind of team to actually build a team that doesn't suck.

Meanwhile, you could spend your time not investing hours in a joyless minigame hoping that this time, this egg will give you one more perfect IV, and instead you could be actually playing the game. Learning what your team's weaknesses are. Adjusting those weaknesses on the fly. You don't lean how to play the game riding the bike.
>>
>>31646043
>never have to play the game
exactly
>>
>>31643081
But the Mew goes through bank. You just need some extra glitchiness
>>
>>31642098
Who the fuck takes a day for 1 mon?
Also breeding is still playin, if you don't like battles it's the only fun part of the game desu
>>
>>31642169
Playing pokemon is literally already wasting your time you moron
>>
>>31643333
A D H O M I N E M
D

H
O
M
I
N
E
M
>>
>>31646368
>but if I play lottery with japanese kids it's better playing than you!
>>
>>31646048
>what is rarity
>>
>>31646048
Yeah news flash they aren't worth shit to others because of injecting. That was like, the point of his post
>>
>>31646470
They aren't worth shit sin gen4 you cuck.

I only needed a calculator a stopwatch and my seed in platinum to get any shiny I wanted ingame.

Injecting my arse, shiny Pokémon where never worth shit.
>>
>>31646460
What is an artificial metric for cosmetic shit? They aren't worth a shit.
>>
I'll be honest, I get mad when I find out someone genned their team because I spent so much time on mine - I think breeding is part of what qualifies us as competitive, like how you must work out to be an athlete.

But it's just Pokémon and I get over it and thank god I'm self aware & can work on that pettiness.

It started when I got my SO into Pokémon, and instead of doing all the work "required" to be competitive he just used my powersaves that I have to back up save files & make shinies for friends' birthdays. He didn't beat me, but I got very concerned that he would take this thing I love and cheat at it, then drop it and move on. That's just the emotional reaction, but it's how I felt desu. I know it's silly but he does it with a lot of hobbies I enjoy. I've caught him tracing art, instead of working on getting better when he asked me to help, and using bots to level up in games so he could be better than me. At this point I can't tell if his over competitive nature has made me cynical or I'm just being a roastie.
>>
>>31646485
It still requires time to do, ergo they're not worthless.
>>
>>31646560
Have you ever played competitively other games?

Hacking is the norm, not cheating but hacking.

Hacking is to cut steps, think of staffing in old FPS or animation cancelation in fighting games, these became ascended glitches that are now part of games.

The hacking part of Pokémon is just getting a team fast, battling has to be done by selecting choices, and it doesn't matter how much steps you cut, your opponent and you are on even conditions unless a party cheats.

What's cheating on Pokémon? Using that old data modifier stuff to see the other player choices, watch the other player through his stream and play according to his choices, or wondertomb/huge power shaking shenanigans.

You are just overly attached to your save file, that's all. Just like I'm proud of my challenge runs in my games or winning a DotA game with Dagon 5 blink Naix.
>>
>>31646595
They are worthless, there are at least 6k active players that do Masuda bullshit, if you think your shiny is worth more than others you are clearly deluded.

I got at least 8 shiny Tsareenas when breeding, I don't really give a fuck about them, heck when I was breeding a 31 0 30 31 31 31 Naive HA fake out volt tackle Pikachu in XY I came across 18 shiny pichus, they where worth nothing so I wonder traded them, my non shiny perfect Pikachu is worth more than all that garbage.

Am I annoyed that someone did it in 3 minutes? No, Am I annoyed that now volt tackle is a tutor move? Nope.

Nothing is Pokémon is worth a shit, it's all artificial sentimental value on cosmetic shit.
>>
>>31646716
Make it 30 31 30 31 31 31 Pikachu, the 31 0 30 31 31 31 was Manectric wich came in about 90 eggs. Anyways shiny Pokémon don't have any real value, they are just cosmetic.
>>
>>31646716
Masuda is a way of gaining shinies, I don't see your point. It's time consuming.
Now the odds are so low it's rare to stumble upon one during a playthrough, so say I have no shinies. A guy who does Masuda has them for trade, and knowing what it takes to gain them he values them above normal pokemon.
Now this would be true if it wasn't for justinjectinglol, right?
>>
>>31641937
because /vp/ gets mad when you dont play a game with the same integrity that their faggot asses would. fuck your grinding. make my shit perfect in every way, train it, and call it a day
>>
>>31645249
fun fact, I dont fucking wanna trade with you, that's why I do it. Why would I lose a mon I put work into just for your shitty mon when I can hack em both and cut off hours off the process
>>
>>31646810
yeah fun fact that was also the point of his post
>>
>>31646777
The odds are low, but there are thousands of faggots doing it.

Do the math, shiny Pokémon aren't rare at all, see Wondertrade and all those 4iv eggmove breedjects, they are the result of someone doing masuda, all of them will get their shiny eventually, multiply it by the number of active players and you can get thousands of a shiny a day.

They aren't worth a dime and they come in a dozen, stop pretending shiny Pokémon have any value.
>>
>>31646832
>see wondertrade
99% genned
>all those 4iv eggmove breedjects
Where exactly?
>>
>>31646832
Also I'm not pretending anything for they have to value as long as injecting exists. Are you retarded?
>>
>>31641937
How else am I supposed to get a softboiled clefable?
>>
>Trying to pass it off as legit
>Trying to trade it for legit pokemon without informing someone else beforehand
>Injecting illegitimate or otherwise unobtainable pokemon or items
I take issue with these in particular. Also not a fan of devaluing things of actual import, event mons should be relatively rare. I think it's tacky to inject a ton of them and try to give them out.

Otherwise I don't care if other people do it that much. It sucks that it means a lot of my friends and I don't trade leftovers or gift each other mons anymore though, since they breed with injected Dittos and I don't want any part of that. Last two gens my teams were full of mons they bred me and now it's just mons I've bred myself, and my friends don't want my leftovers, even when they're 100% perfect IVs, abilities, and moves.

I also hate how it means discussion of actual breeding or otherwise legitimately obtaining Pokemon seems much less prominent than it has been in past generations and is always met with just inject.
>>
>>31646850
I keep getting lv1 eggmons, I'm in a Wondertrade spree and I have gotten heal ball 3iv sassy Hypno, 4iv male premier ball salandit, friend ball bagon, love ball Garchomp, Korean friend ball extreme speed Dratini.

All of those are balltist choices for shiny Pokémon, either they got it and are wondertrading the spitbacks, or are cleaning space to keep trying.

>>31646864

Better than pretending something anyone has possesses any value, shiny Pokémon are cosmetic shit, I don't inject yet you don't see me trying to pass my shiny Pokémon as ultra rare shit everyone should praise me for getting, it's just cosmetic fluff I went the extra mile on getting, just like me using bottle caps on ORAS release event Beldum, I'm using it right now for pvp despite the fact I have other shiny metagross or other perfect non shiny metagross, it's just cosmetic.
>>
>>31646974
yes and what are your eggmons proving here exactly?
and yes they are cosmetic, what does it prove here?
>>
>>31647018
That out of the 20 Wondertrades I had at least 6 where trying to get their own shiny Pokémon in perfect balltist status for their shiny form.

That's just the small part of the spectrum I witnessed, shiny Pokémon aren't rare at all.

And I just went with a shiny event mega metagross just because I felt like it, it doesn't make my team special at all especially considering it's the free Beldum you get in ORAS.

Stop pretending shiny Pokémon are rare or have value, injecting doesn't affect "the market" shiny Pokémon didn't have any real value to begin with.
>>
>>31647050
and out of 1000 wonder trades shiny balltism is pretty damn rare
they're at least 512 times rarer when bred using a specific hunting method, even more when considering other odds
you're legit retarded thinking your wonder trading is a valid argument here
>>
>>31647074

And it is more than obvious that you are trying to defend the arbitrary value of cosmetic garbage that doesn't affect gameplay.

Deal with it, people shiny hunt regularly, the chances of people having a legitimate 1-1 copy of your favorite shiny Pokémon are high as fuck, you aren't special, nor anyone Pokémon is special.
>>
>>31646402
>impying verlis isnt a faggot
>implying we need to rehash all the things verlis has done for the billionth time
>>
>>31647126
And you expect the guy to just give the shiny I want for me for nothing? After all the hours he sunk into it?
>>
>>31647157
Nope, I never wanted a shiny to begin with so I wouldn't take it.

And wathever a faggot does with his cosmetic items isn't of my concern either, release it, wonder trade it, scam a kid that hasn't realized shiny Pokémon are worthless, do as you please with it, same goes with the faggot on the other side.

Just don't expect people to think your new nail polish is pretty in a battle.
>>
>>31641937
It's literally the same as cheating to get the best gear in a RPG rather than grinding for it. You're getting stronger items you wouldn't have otherwise. How is that not cheating?
>>
>>31647210
Because in PVP all players have the best gear, it doesn't matter who wore it first.

Pokemon PVP is all about decision making and team building, taking a shortcut doesn't affect the results.
>>
>>31647225
The game doesn't provide all players with best gear. You're not supposed to have it, you just want it. It's not a requirement. But instead of actually getting the best gear to fight on equal terms, you just inject it in. Do whatever the fuck you want, just don't be a faggot and claim this isn't cheating.
>>
>>31646358
>it's the only fun part of the game desu
What the fuck is fun around circling on a Tauros for hours on end or riding your bike back and forth for hours on end in old games?

That's legitimately autistic.
>>
>>31647245
It's not cheating, in tournament play there is absolutely no difference.

The player with most luck, better understanding of the meta team building or better decision making comes on top in the end.

Cutting corners changes nothing.

If you honestly believe a hacker has an advantage over you, well anon, you got issues. You are antagonizing someone for winning a match up that was entirely based on who was the better player, it's only mental gymnastics to justify your lost as the other playing having an unfair advantage over you but in reality a breeder and a hacker at endgame are on equal grounds.
>>
It's inconsiderate towards those who want to play the game seriously (not that I care).
>>
>>31647280
>It's not cheating, in tournament play there is absolutely no difference.
How the fuck is using something you shouldn't have makes no difference? You'd be using shitmons with shit natures and IVs otherwise, and opponent who spent time building his team would be rewarded for his efforts. It makes all the difference. You're cheating to match others. While you're not surpassing them or have an advantage, you're taking away the advantage they had over you by cheating.
>>
>>31647205
I didn't ask what you wanted. You're not in charge of the market.
>>
>>31647297
So you didn't build your team from scratch either? You didn't chain for IVS, you didn't use synchronizers or farmed the resources to do it?

I did and I'm standing on even playing ground with any other player, so what difference does it make when I battle someone with 6iv perfect mons when I have the ones I breed myself.

It comes down to team building skill and decision making, stop trying to justify sucking on the other player taking a shortcut, battles aren't about who rides Tauros the most or who modifies a save file, in endgame everyone is even.
>>
>>31647297
They have no advantage. They sent no effort.
Effort would imply there's skill involved.

You spent hours circling on your Tauros. I, using my knowledge of decent sets just took a shortcut to getting my team. The same way you likely use a 6IV hacked Ditto you got in a trade instead of breeding from the ground up.
>>
>>31647302
Neither do you or your artificial values, if people don't give a shit about your nail Polish it might as well be of any color.

Shiny Pokémon have no value.
>>
>>31647416
>So you didn't build your team from scratch either
I do! Injectors don't.

>what difference does it make when I battle someone with 6iv perfect mons when I have the ones I breed myself.
That they shouldn't be using the perfect mon if they didn't obtain it. It would give you an easy victory, because you spent time strengthening your team. They didn't, and they're taking away that advantage.

>>31647421
>Effort would imply there's skill involved.
It doesn't. Memorizing something for an exam doesn't take skills. It takes time. And you're rewarded for that. If someone is going to cheat there instead of spending the time, they're, well, cheating.

This is the only fucking reason I hate injectors. I don't give zero fucks how you play your game. But when you're going to cheat, don't act like your doing absolutely nothing wrong. You are.
>>
>>31647463
And again, how does that change the fact I'm enjoying a good battle?

I don't give a shit about how much Tauros you rode, or what process you used to get your team, I want to fight a good team, I want to fight someone that doubles on me and puts me in a corner, I want to feel challenged and earn my win.

It doesn't matter how or what you gave, but how you play it. My breed mons vs an injector Pokémon or another breeder fag makes no difference, I'm testing my game knowledge and skill vs another person and that's where the enjoyment is.
>>
I don't care about injectors myself, but when it comes to completing a game I prefer putting in some work. For example, there's no point in completing a living dex if you're not going to actually look for the required Pokémon, since injecting removes any amount of interaction or skill required. A Pokémon game where you start with an already completed Pokédex is not fun, after all. You might as well just buy a completed game.

On the other hand, I feel that breeding takes a lot of time and that playing bike simulator doesn't add to the gameplay in any meaningful way. I don't like doing it myself, but if people enjoy it or find it relaxing then that's fine. If others prefer to inject then that's fine, too.

As long as you're not injecting illegal Pokémon such as Sturdy Shedinja or bullshit event mons like Wish Chansey, I don't see the problem, but I don't want it shoved down my throat, either.

Do what you want but don't be smug about it.
>>
>>31647558
I don't give a single fuck about who's enjoying and who's not. I don't give a single fuck what you want to feel or what sort challenge you want. I don't give a single fuck if you inject or not. I've been saying that from the start.

All I've been saying is that it is blatant cheating, and I hate injectors who act like they're doing nothing wrong. Because injecting exists, some breeder who might've otherwise won because he spent time building his team will lose. That's taking away the advantage the breeder had. It is cheating.

Cheat all you want. Just accept that you're cheating and don't act like a fucking faggot while trying to deny that. That's my only problem with injectors.
>>
>>31647422
The only artificial thing here is you pal.
>>
>>31645019
>RNG abuse
There is no rng abuse appart from dsum which is a completely different glitch
>>
>>31647422
But you proved yourself that people care about shinies.
>>
Last week I deleted an entire file of Moon with years of genned mons on it after realizing that genning had completely spoiled the fun and love I had for the series. Gone in an instant. It was the best feeling I've had in a long time.

The feeling of having caught, raised, and hatched the Pokémon the right way is incomperable to many other things in vidya. Looking out at the ribbons, the shinies you gambled for, the events youbactually got instead of traded; it's all incredibly worth it. What's even more worth it is taking those Pokémon and winning against people who gen. Also building an actual history of Pokémon is far more fun. I just recently purified shadow lugia, something I always wanted to do since I was younger. Now I have a real Purified Lugia, legit from the game, and I can't wait to pass it up through each gen.

Long story short, you get the authentic experience and actually feel accomplishment. There are not many things that can be compared to hatching a real shit with perfect iva yourself. Genning takes all the heart and soul out of it, why bother spending the money when you can just play showdown?
>>
If you play competitively then I see no reason why it's wrong.

I don't really care about competitive that much. I breed for shinies and perfect IVs, so it would feel like the treasured mons I've already gotten were worthless, which kinda ruins the fun.
>>
File: 59768226_p2_master1200.jpg (957KB, 1138x1200px) Image search: [Google]
59768226_p2_master1200.jpg
957KB, 1138x1200px
>it's a cheating is bad and breeding is good episode
>breeding with a genned 6IV ditto

lol

Competitive was always played through genning or RNG (both cheating) since the older gens and it's always going to be. In the end, pokémon made by them or breeding are the same on battles. Time is what you're complaining, but time isn't fair to everybody anyways. No point in complaining about that.

And don't go about feelings on your data. If you care that much you wouldn't box your ingame team and go on numbers simulator.
>>
no issue, except with people who cheat and then try to pass them off as legitimate

what does that achieve?
>>
>>31648226
>it's a strawman episode
lol
>>
File: Nervous-cartoon.jpg (870KB, 1639x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Nervous-cartoon.jpg
870KB, 1639x2000px
22 pokemon short from a complete living dex all entirely legit

the desire to inject is strong with this one
>>
>>31642210
Because if its an hour before a competitition and you can gen a mon in a minute, a breeder cant do it in an hour, while the genner gets the advantage of having a perfect team
>>
>>31647598
so you're only breeding to get an advantage against people that don't have the time,knowledge or resources.

And now you're mad that some people have the advantage over you.
>>
>>31648582
>And now you're mad that some people have the advantage over you.
he literally just said the opposite
>>
>>31648587
>Because injecting exists, some breeder who might've otherwise won because he spent time building his team will lose. That's taking away the advantage the breeder had.

protip: he's talking about himself
>>
>>31648611
if he is, why did he say the opposite below?
>>
File: VerlisifyTriggered.png (463KB, 851x729px) Image search: [Google]
VerlisifyTriggered.png
463KB, 851x729px
>>31641937
It just bugs people that are too dumb for legit genning.
>pic very related
>>
>>31648614
with "opposite" do you mean that his only problem is that cheaters don't refer themselves as such?

because then he is contradicting himself in that post alone.
>>
>>31648677
no, he said he doesn't care, but you say he does
>>
Who is honestly autistic enough to be mad that someone isn't wasting hours of time doing monotonous trivial tasks and are just skipping to what they find fun in your videogame
>>
>>31641937
Immoral might be a tad too much, but you're not getting things the intended way, therefore you're not playing the proper way.

>inb4 le bike simulator
I hate that too, but that's the game's fault.
>>
>>31648691
yeah and then says he hates cheaters and cries for justice for breeders (himself)
>>
>>31648727
bike simulator is so 2015
autism box is 2017
>>
>>31648740
uh no, he says that cheaters must face the truth
are you purposefully reading wrong here
>>
>>31648757
are you?
he is saying he lost the advantage you(himself included) get by breeding.
>>
>>31648784
some breeder, not him
in fact nothing points to him even breeding at any point :^)
>>
>>31641937
I disagree with genning pokemon.

But i dont disagree with cheating in apricorn balls/bp/missing megastones. GF can go fuck themselves if they think i'm gonna grind a facility yet again for battle items
>>
>>31642032
Stop posting this fag
>>
>>31643139
I literally can't gen pokemon because I have a chromebook
>>
>>31649583
This. I don't give a shit if you gen mons but fuck not having stuff that's IN THE GAME just because gamefreak is lazy.
>>
>>31643736
injecting and breeding are both moral things in the pokémon universe.

think of porygon
>>
>>31651361
also pokémon can be put digitally on pokéballs and PCs
>>
After playing this gen im 100% for injecting, the rng is ruthless
>>
>>31648547
If you don't have a perfect team an hour before a competition, you deserve to lose.
>>
>>31651458
But injectors can just type in their pokemon on showdown, import it into pkhex, and spend the rest of their day sitting on their ass. Breeders maybe had a time limit of one week, they started on day 1, then on day 7 "oops I accidently bred for a modest greninja and I need timid " now they're fucked,
. Meanwhile the injector can just go into pkhex and change his nature, scan his qr code and be done with it
>>
>>31643545

It's easy to see why people would think it's hard.

It felt like I was defusing a bomb when hacking mine despite being pretty simple with the guide.
>>
>>31651717
>spend the rest of the day sitting on their ass
Underage or neet detected
>>
>>31641981
Boy, humanity is totally fucked if we ever hit post-scarcity, huh?
>>
>>31641937
It defeats the point of trading and collecting. Games die quickly now because lol no postgame and people dropping the game after they genned everything they wanted.
>>
>>31652610
no, if everyone was able to gen we would see way more battles.
90% of players just stop after the story because they know they have no chance.

and maybe gf would do a real postgame not a bike simulator.
>>
>>31643244
What? There is no RNG abuse with trainer glitch for starters
>>
>>31644217
I'm fine with injecting stuff that exists to save time but injecting stuff that is not available in the game as a deliberate decision of the developers is a no-no. If you want to play with a Mew, go and play a different game that allows you to access Mew.

It's like bitching how your favourite Naruto character isn't in the game. It's not meant to be there until they give you an opportunity to get it.
>>
>>31644217
Literally no one does this. Even if they tried, the game would stop them. Hell, even SHOWDOWN doesn't let you!
>>
Say we're all waiting in line to go on an amusement park ride.

The line is long, but you will eventually get on the ride.

Now you notice there are people skipping the line but are allowed to go on anyway.
>>
>>31653760
If Mew's unavailable, then you won't be able to use it online anyway so not really important.
>>
>>31653904
Its your fault for being a nerd and wasting your time on a boring chore instead of genning
it's so easy hacking nowadays that you only breed if you really want to
now, enduring the breeding process just because "it's legal" when it is your game and you paid for it so you do whatever the fuck you want with it... well, you're a cuckold
>>
>>31653925
You know aimbots just let you play at the absolute peak. What's wrong with those?
>>
>>31653980
Yeah except aimbots directly affect the outcome of vs. play, while genned pokemon don't. You can't run illegal sets.
>>
>>31641937
It's not the genning that's the problem. Who cares if your Pokemon's cheated? There's no advantage competitively.

The problem is that genners are always such insufferable dicks about it.

And by the way, that goes double for breeders.

Breed or don't. It doesn't fucking matter. Just don't get up on your high horse and act as if your way is somehow the only true way.
>>
>>31654015
And so does having the best mons. You still need to move and find opponents to be successful in an FPS. You're just a cuck who doesn't know where to download one.
>>
>>31654041
this
and stop shilling your inject shit when someone wants to play the game as it is
>>
>>31654045
Bred 'mons are just as good as genned ones you cuck. There's no difference at all.
you're just looking for excuses to not git gud
>>
>>31654061
and there's people just as good as people with aimbots you cuck. Only a real fan of cuckoldry would spend their time fucking with the mouse.
>>
>>31643213
The only thing I can think of is min-maxed IVs.
1 Attack to minimise Foul Play and confusion damage, and the extremely specific Speed IVs to outslow other slowmons.

But those situations are so few and far between that who really gives a shit? It's not like anyone in their right mind will rely on confusion RNG, and Foul Play is better used against actual physical attackers. And Trick Room setup rarely sees much use, given how nobody likes to waste a moveslot on a room/terrain/weather setup.
>>
>>31654088
I really, really don't get your reasoning.
why are aimbots even being mentioned? Shooter games are for fagits
>>
>tfw anon thinks how many hours you spend wandering aimlessly within the game in order to hatch eggs somehow plays a role in how skilled a player you are
>>
>>31654128
>tfw anon thinks how many seconds you spend genning and then telling everybody about it somehow plays a role in whether your dad will ever come back from buying cigarettes
>>
It's simple. Genning/injecting is for spoiled, weak cowards.
>moooooom I want this pokemon noooooow, I don't want to breeeeed!
Try doing that irl with money or anything else.
>moooooom I want money to buy X noooooow, I don't want to woooooork!
You won't try to print money yourself because you're just a weak pussy who is scared of consequences.

>b-but I have job/uni/social life/whatever besides game!
Then you don't have time to play games, simple. Go cry you also don't have time to travel around the world or something because you have job or uni. Life isn't fair and you have to make choices, you can't eat a cake and have a cake.
>>
I honestly do it because I can.
Its a fucking game you faggots.
>>
My kids just really got into Pokemon thnks to GO, now both have their own 3DS with sun moon. How do I gen pokemon so I can trade them some good ones to fuck up the kids at school?
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.