[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that things have finally settled down a little bit and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (233KB, 537x1171px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
233KB, 537x1171px
So now that things have finally settled down a little bit and we've all adjusted to Pokemon Sun & Moon, what's your favorite starter?

Was there ever a time when you wished that you had picked a different starter?

>share stories of your first playthrough
>talk shit on people who chose the starter weak to yours
>talk about why your starter is best starter
>>
>>31638744
Hi Hazeldex
>>
i picked decidueye but i wish i'd picked primarina instead because i didn't realize there was a dearth of special attackers among gen 7 mons

i used a starmie instead which was fine but i didn't get all that attached to it
>>
>>31638744
I picked Primarina and I was extremely happy the whole time. She's my favorite for sure, but I like all three and I hate starter wars.
>>
File: 1486057730095.jpg (92KB, 537x393px) Image search: [Google]
1486057730095.jpg
92KB, 537x393px
I fixed the Gen 7 starters.
>>
>>31638756
OP here, I picked primarina and the Sp.D boost was really useful, but the rest of my team had to be pretty speedy to make up for what she lacks in speed.
Also the E4 was super easy with primarina because it completely destroys fighting, rock, and ghost types, with ice types to take care of kahili

>>31638754
Also i have no idea who hazeldex is
>>
File: nothankyou.png (133KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
nothankyou.png
133KB, 300x300px
>>31638744
Primarina is my boy and while I do love the other two, I'd never wish for them over it.
No starter wars desu
>>
>>31638790
I wasn't meaning to start any wars, but maybe some playful banter?
I honestly was just wanting to know how they other 2 starters panned out, i was thinking about throwing everything into bank and starting again, comfy style
>>
>>31638744
I picked Primarina and have no regrets, ever since I saw the leaks I decided I would choose her and it's a first too since I always pick the grass starters but Decidueye looks awkwardly unfinished to me
>>
>>31638773
This for me as well
>>
File: 1480740055743.png (122KB, 528x669px) Image search: [Google]
1480740055743.png
122KB, 528x669px
picked decidueye. i don't regret it, i love the guy but the further in i got the less useful he became. there was just so much shit that was good against him and he wasn't fast enough to really get a lot done.
he did carry me through the first half of the game though.
i found out later he had really shit iv's though so maybe that contributed? i was probably just playing him in a bad way
>>
>>31638744
When I saw the leaks, I thought they were fake because they were all way too cool to be real. All of them are fantastic, Decidueye and Primarina are fun as fuck in UU.
>>
>>31638833
too bad is a fakemon created 8 motnhs ago
>>
>>31638802
Go for it. Spread the love to every Pokemon you can.
>>
>>31638833
Agreed anon, love them both in UU and i can't wait to try out Primarina and Incineroar in VGC when their HA are released
>>
I can't believe all of these people considering and discussing what starter is "the best" for ingame, because "oh there are a lot of special attackers". Like WHO CARES. You're supposed to pick the one you like best. What even is there to discuss here?
>>
why are people discussing competitive viability as if that is something that matters when discussing what are their favoritess?
>>
>>31638893
well which one is your favorite
why?
>>
>>31638744
I loved my Incineroar. Frankly the weakest on my team overall was probably Golisopod, which is a shame since I love the design.

Jangmo-o was also kind of disappointing, but you get it so late game that it kinda doesn't matter anyway.
>>
>>31638744
Incineroar is my favorite. Used to hate the shit out of him cause I wanted a regular fire tiger and I was so disappointed, but I eventually came around to liking it on its own.

Decidueye is a really good Pokemon. Probably the objectively best designed of the Alola three, I just prefer Incineroar because it resonates with me better.

I don't care at all for Primarina. It's okay I guess.
>>
>>31638907
Primarina because she fits my aesthetic tastes, which is pretty/girly things, Fairy types and specially mermaid stuff.
>>
>Other two starters are barafag fantasy and trap seal
Obvious choice to make desu
>>
>>31639243
Who? The nu-male? lol
>>
I picked Incineroar and was pretty happy with the results. Lurantis was easy as fuck, Mimikyu too. The really pulled though, especially in the league. Though
>cant' escape
was pretty annoying when it evolved, especially since I was used to outspeeding shit with Litten and Torracat
>>
>>31639271
He really pulled through*
>>
File: my boys.png (453KB, 1488x918px) Image search: [Google]
my boys.png
453KB, 1488x918px
>>31638744
I was torn between Decidueye and Incineroar, ended up picking Rowlet as my starter and getting a Litten from a friend as soon as I hit the second island, so my main storyline team had both Decidueye and Incineroar. Realized late game that I just don't like Decidueye as much as Dartrix and kind of wished I'd never evolved him. Also Incineroar was far more dependable than my frail Decidueye. If/when I replay I'm just going to go for Litten at the start. I still like the Rowlet line a lot but it kind of disappointed me as well.
Never even considered picking Popplio.
>>
>>31638744
>what's your favorite starter?
infernape
>>
File: 1485810194793.png (149KB, 431x539px) Image search: [Google]
1485810194793.png
149KB, 431x539px
Primarina.
At first I was going to pick Rowlet, but when I found about Popplio final evo to be a Fairy-type and not that shitty edgy clown... I knew what to do.
>>
File: tumblr_og1t2nbSxZ1sqpq55o1_400.jpg (95KB, 395x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_og1t2nbSxZ1sqpq55o1_400.jpg
95KB, 395x600px
>>31640611
Thank god for that. I was so scared Popplio would be ruined by its evolutions, instead we got something better than I could have ever hoped for
>>
prima is fucking amazing

decidueye and incineroar are good shit too. first gen in eons where i'm comfortable with all three starters
>>
>>31638744
on my first run I picked Rowlet and he was on my team until the end - but stopped playing right after the league.

Re-started it a while ago, picked Rowlet again, regretted it and traded for a solid Popplio, because Primarina ist the best of all the starters and the only Water type Pokemon that managed to stay on my team for the Top 4 - Golisopod and monster spider are great, but sadly tend to get replaced by me after a while.
>>
File: Decidueye.full.2048533.jpg (895KB, 1600x970px) Image search: [Google]
Decidueye.full.2048533.jpg
895KB, 1600x970px
>>31638744
I chose Decidueye, and I don't regret it at all. At first I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't use him well competitively in a rain dance team, but then I found him to be one of the best shiny hunters I've ever had. False Swipe + Foresight got me my first shiny Mimikyu.
>>
>>31638756
Damn, man. You aren't kidding about the lack of Gen VII mons that focus solely on special attack for offence.

>Primarina
>Vikavolt
>Oricorio
>Ribombee
>Shiinotic
>Salazzle
>Oranguru
>Palossand
>Turtonator
>Drampa
>Tapu Lele
>Tapu Fini
>Lunala
>Nihilego
>Xurkitree
>Necrozma
>Magearna

All the others are either physical or (detrimentally) mixed.
>>
>>31639271

Pretty much. I don't regret picking Litten at all, I enjoyed using all three of it's forms, and while Incineroar's less feline features and slowness disappointed me initially, it ended up being really useful. I kept expecting it to be like Emboar and not take hits well even though I knew it could.

Next time I play I'll probably pick Popplio... I'm not that fond of Decidueye honestly.
>>
>>31640771
I have a serious problem that my team is basically always made of 5 physical attackers and 1 special attacker, maybe 2 if I'm lucky. Given you don't trade for later island mons and don't start with Popplio all you have left is

Oricorio
Ribombee
Salazzle
Shiinotic
Oranguru (depends on game)
Palossand
up till island 3
and that's it

Didn't want to rely on old Pokemon, but had to.
>>
I named my Popplio after my crippled mom and now she's dead so I'm going to cherish that Primarina

Decidueye is cool too though, went out of my way to get a Shiny of it
>>
File: image.png (169KB, 450x689px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
169KB, 450x689px
>>31638744
Picked Popplio and it performed amazingly on my team even when I turned off exp. share and it was underleveled. The only time it didn't do well was when I stupidly kept it in on a poison-type z move. I really enjoyed my playthrough with it, it's a cute and great line(as are the other starters).

I initially tried really hard to like Rowlet and Litten since I like cats and birds, but they were a bit disappointing for me in that aspect. I felt drawn to popplio(I adore it now) but I didn't care for sea lions or like clowns. Helped that Primarina interested me the most since I like pretty mons and singing(the siren inspiration is cool too). I love how the line's whole theme is performance and entertainment rather than just 'clowns lol', makes it feel more dynamic.
>>
Now, I had no idea what anyone would turn into when I started playing. I stopped looking at pokemon news right after they showed us the starters, so this was almost an entirely blind playthough. So yeah.

I went with Rowlet, because I tend to favor grass types. Dartrix kinda worried me when he evolved, I thought he looked kinda dorky. Decidueye has a really cool typing, but I don't particularly care for his design much. The wing cloak thing is neat, but his head, glasses markings and little... star patch with dangly vines thing just looks too busy to me, and honestly kinda dorky. Plus I'm not really a big fan of archer types, so I ended up regretting my choice a little. He's been boxed.

Litten I almost chose instead. I love cats, but I don't really care much for fire types, so he was passed over. If I could choose again though, I'd have gone with him. Litten's adorable, Torracat isn't a big divergence but he looks fine, and Incineroar has an amazing design and a decently useful typing. I think I might have preferred it if he had been a hulking quadruped, but wrestle tiger's not bad. The belt kind throws me off, admittedly, but other than that I think he's great. I haven't used one yet, so I can't say anything about his battling abilities, but as far as aesthetics go he's my favorite this gen hands down.

And finally, Popplio. Oh my god, Popplio. I remember seeing that concept art for Primarina right before I left here for my long spoiler-avoidance hiatus and thinking there was no possible way that was going to be it's final evolution. It was way too girly for a primarily male species. And yet, here we are.
Now, while I was surprised that they went with something so feminine, I don't actually think the Popplio line is bad. Fairy type is still kinda new and shiny to me, and the simple fact that it IS fairy makes the design a lot more understandable. I don't have much of a desire to train one, but I can see the appeal.
>>
File: primamom.jpg (154KB, 786x1017px) Image search: [Google]
primamom.jpg
154KB, 786x1017px
>>31640899
I'm really sorry to hear that anon. I hope you're doing well now.
>>
>>31640853
>5 physical attackers and 1 special attacker, maybe 2 if I'm lucky
You too, huh?
>>
Incineroar.

Fire tiger starter? Hell yeah. I don't give a shit he's bipedal and the bulky wrestler theme makes sense since tigers can be buff and cats wrestle each other.
>>
>>31638744
I chose Popplio and I don't regret a thing.
>>
>>31639109
>Probably the objectively best designed of the Alola three

You have no idea what objective means.
>>
File: Owlfag.png (221KB, 515x630px) Image search: [Google]
Owlfag.png
221KB, 515x630px
>>31639243
I will be the next Grenin--
>>
File: Winter starters.png (731KB, 700x637px) Image search: [Google]
Winter starters.png
731KB, 700x637px
>Most people in this thread chose Popplio/Primarina or think well about them
Oh, the tables have turned so much since the initial reveal. It makes me happy.
I think all three are really cool, by the way.
>>
>>31639311
This is why we can never have a gen7 starter comfy thread. Cuz baragfags like these exists.
>>
>>31642707
Yup, another baragfag.
>>
>>31638775
No you didn't, because the worst one is still there
>>
>>31639243
>>31639109
>liking the worst design since mega manetric
>>
>>31638744
Decidueye = Primarina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Incineroar

I tried using all three starter, and I ended up releasing Incineroar.
>>
>>31643105
>Implying I like any of them...
>>
>>31643218
But you are right about one thing decidueye will be the next greninja.
>>
>>31643085
>>31643105
>>31643137
>>31643189

Aaaaw shit, it's a cucked owlfag!
>>
>>31638744
Anyone who likes tumblrina is a fucking neckbeard, that shit has such a bad design but you fags must have
>muh waifu
>>
File: tumblr_oi5cb6ZE601vekifxo1_1280.png (221KB, 820x350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oi5cb6ZE601vekifxo1_1280.png
221KB, 820x350px
Welp, any form of discussion is now over. Here comes the starter war thread
>>
>>31638744
primarina.
>>
>>31638744

Design wise I like Incineroar the most and competitively I like Primarina the most though I'm eager to try Intimidate Incineroar. Honestly I'm pretty eh to Decidueye in both regards. It's fine I guess. Long Reach might make it more appealing to use but until then I'll pass on Decidueye.
>>
el settled dust
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.