[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has Game Freak forgotten that post- and endgame content is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Battle Frontier.png (156KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Frontier.png
156KB, 2048x1152px
Why has Game Freak forgotten that post- and endgame content is the meat and potatoes of Pokémon?
>>
Pic unrelated?
>>
File: 1484540610468.png (337KB, 387x508px) Image search: [Google]
1484540610468.png
337KB, 387x508px
>>31637916
>forgotten
Pokemon has literally never had a good postgame
>>
>>31637953
HGSS did, but it was at the expense of having one of, if not the worst main-game of all.
>>
>>31637916
That shit was RNG Hell. And if you count that as the best in post game you have not played half the franchise. The Battle Zone, Kanto, and the Other half of Unova are superior post game content in every single way shape and form
>>
>>31637916
>post- and endgame content is the meat and potatoes of Pokémon
It isn't, and never has been.
>>
File: It just don't add up.jpg (56KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
It just don't add up.jpg
56KB, 600x435px
>>31637978
>The Battle Pike is literally just RNG and nothing more
>/vp/ loves it
>/vp/ hates the Battle Tower and its successors because of RNG
>>
>>31637978
Those things end. Good endgame content is infinite.
>>
>>31638022
Like? Give me an example. And if you say any form of battle facility, those end when you get the medallions / enough Battle points to buy everything. The only true endless thing in Pokemon is Battling your friends / Online battles.
>>
>>31638030
Black Tower and White Treehollow.
>>
>>31637916
We've been over this. Masuda has already told us why Battle Frontier was scraped.
>>
>>31638040
>muh mobilefags
i thought technology of the future will give us more time, not less
>>
>>31637916
>content that was never touched by the majority of players
>meat and potatoes

I don't think you know what that idiom means, anon.
>>
>>31638022
That's what Battle Spot is for.
>>
File: White 2.png (111KB, 250x223px) Image search: [Google]
White 2.png
111KB, 250x223px
This game was not only the Best Post-Game, but the last good one we will ever have.

>Has the (admittedly meh) Theater and Subway from B/W
>Has the (actually really good) PokéStar Studios, with more content unlocking Post-Game
>Has the remainder of the Region and story opened up
>Yancy/Curtis romance quest
>Collecting N's high-IV Pokémon
>Pokémon World Tournament (This was the last time we got a non-Tower Clone Battle Facility)
>Actually has fanservice across all 5 Gens, featuring every character they could
>Battle N Red-style in the Post-game (Colress is also rematchable)
>First game to reward you with the Shiny Charm, and gives you a chance to catch a Shiny Haxorus to go along with the Charm.
>The only game in the entire series to have a TRUE late-game dungeon, with Trainers ranging from 60-90, even using Legends (can actually enjoy grinding)
>Benga as a second Red-style final boss, with actual challenge, and a great reward for beating him (A Shiny dragon Pokémon)
>Has all the Memory Link fanservice/character building cutscenes if you connected to the previous games
>Has extra battles against Cheren and Bianca if you Memory Link too
>I've probably forgot more stuff too.

And all of that on TOP of catching a shitload of Legendaries, including a brand new Regi Puzzle dungeon.

Reminder that OR/AS just shat some Legendaries out of portals, and expected the fanbase to consider that a full and complete post-game. For B2/W2, the plethora of Legends was just a fraction of the Post-Game.

Black 2/White 2 were the last great Pokémon games. I consider them to be the pinnacle of the entire series.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.