[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>regional forms are literally evolution i.e. the species adapting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: DerpScout.png (348KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
DerpScout.png
348KB, 470x470px
>regional forms are literally evolution i.e. the species adapting to its environment
>Alolan Raichu is a Psychic mouse in a region with two Dark cats
DURR PANCAKES
>>
>these guys have adapted to icy conditions
>there's a desert on the same goddamned island
>>
>>31636730
Moreover why the hot pokemon in the fucking hottest region of all would choose cold areas to live?

No logic whatsoever
>>
>>31636739
yeah that's what i'm saying. regular sandshrew live in deserts, there's a desert right there

and vulpix is a fire type. even if it went to live in the snow for whatever reason it already shrugs off the cold and has a type advantage against all its potential prey. why would it become an ice-type
>>
>ITT: Retards who don't know about Natural Selection
>>
File: Puka.png (62KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Puka.png
62KB, 200x150px
>>31636714
watch this episode, then you'll have an understanding of why.
>>
>>31636762
For sandshrew, i believe an avalanche or something blocked off their migration path tothe desert from the mountains so they adapted to live in the cold.

as for Vulpix,have you ever wore a fur coat in hawaii? not comfortable in the least, especially for a fur covered animal that already breaths fire. moving to a colder area would help it keep itself from overheating and die from heat stroke. still not sure why it picked up the ice type.
>>
>>31636802
Surf Pikachu isn't Psychic type.
>>
File: you dense mother fucker.jpg (33KB, 591x352px) Image search: [Google]
you dense mother fucker.jpg
33KB, 591x352px
>>31636884
>blue eyed surfing obsessed pikachu that washed upon shore from an unknown place uses psychic premonitions to predict waves in the anime.

>Blue eyed surfing obsessed Raichu from the island region of alola uses psychic premonitions to detect waves in the games.

Hmmmmmmm...
>>
>>31636714
To be fair Alolan Raichu is flying most of the time, making it way harder for Persian and Incineroar to reach them.
>>31636730
Agreeing on this one. It's said they moved away from the Volcano Park because of too many eruptions but then why won't they just go to the fucking desert that is just one island away? It wouldn't require thousands of generations and adaptation. Not to mention that it's their natural environment in most other regions.
>>
>>31636954
Because Sandshrews were normally weak to water, so they couldn't swim to Ula Ula.
But then that begs the question as to how they ended up on Ula Ula anyways to become ice types...when the desert is literally next door to Tapu Village and Mt. Lanakila.
>>
>>31636714
Fun was a mistake.
>>
Yeah also everyone in the game is black. Wtf is up with that!
>>
>>31637249
bad lore building =/= fun
>>
>>31636714
>DURR PANCAKES
I will forever be mad at this. I want my tomb stone to read "Pancakes, Really GameFreak!?"

I can only guess the died caused the Geodude line to change, not that much info on them is given.
>>
>>31637356
To be fair, the dex does say that Alolan Raichu's form does indeed have something to do with its diet.

On the other hand, they made breeding the forms more of a clusterfuck than something as simple as Shellos or Minior, and THEN made it so regular Raichu, Marowak and Exeggutor can't be obtained in SM whatsoever.
>>
>>31637356
>Died
Meant diet.
>>
>>31637314
What lore building? Alolan forms are just a fun joke, nothing more. Or do you think they were going for lore building things like Dugtrio with hair and just a fucking long necked Exeggutor with Dragon-type?

It wouldn't be hard to make a simple excuse for Raichu. Anyone can do that. They're the developers. Whatever they decide, it becomes canon. All they had to say was "liked surfing and developed Psychic powers for that" and people would buy it. They instead went for a meme answer, thinking some might find it more fun that that boring bullshit. And they failed to realize fun was a mistake.
>>
What's the matter, OP? Did you want A.Raichu to be a super edgelord cool guy like those Shadow the Hedgehog you always play?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that A.Raichu's lore is autistic. But you know, "children's video game"
>>
>>31637383
My issue with A-Raichu's diet is that pancakes aren't a natural thing, pancakes need to be made by people. For the Geo line the dirt and minerals are naturally there.
>>
File: 1463702882233.png (2KB, 177x149px) Image search: [Google]
1463702882233.png
2KB, 177x149px
>>31637388
Doesn't know what lore is. Everything tells a story, or is part of a bigger whole. Even the small stuff counts.

Also
>saying that there isn't any lore or reasoning behind A. Dugtrio and A. Exeggutor
are you living under a rock
>>
>>31637525
I'm not saying there isn't lore behind Dugtrio or A. Exeggutor. I'm saying it's just as bullshit. They make it sound good, so idiots like you believe it and feel smart.
>>
>>31636802
>A-Raichu can't learn surf
>A-Raichu levitates and floats but doesn't have Levitate or learn Magnet Rise via level up

Really activates the old almond
>>
>>31637539
Almost all of them are bullshit. Meowth being living an easy life made the entire race vain, which somehow made it Dark-type and changed its color? And that's more believable than diet affecting a Raichu?
>>
>>31637231
My theory is they always lived in the desert but long ago there were frequent eruptions that lead to how Sandshrew are now there.

You want bad adaptation excuses then look at Golem.
>>
>>31637539
>They make it sound good
That's what we call writing good fiction, or good lore, yeah. The fact that you think people who enjoy that think themselves smarter than you speaks more of you than it does of people who enjoy it.
>>
>>31637576
Sounding good != actually good.
Calling shit "feces" isn't going to change what it is. It only pleases fags, nothing more, nothing less. It would be good writing if they was believable or made sense in-universe, at least. Most of them aren't. Not that I expect you to understand. It makes perfect sense to you because they used more words for them, which probably was too much for your brain to comprehend and you just believed it all.
>>
>>31637604
Writing something in fancy and interesting ways is literally a writer's job. BTW I don't even mind that pancake thing and I'm not the guy you were responding to earlier, I just thought your mention that "making it sound nice" is somehow not a writer's job is retarded.

It really says a lot about you that your response to "I don't like x lore" is to lob insults and insinuations about intelligence, then projecting that insecurity onto others by saying they're just trying to appear smarter than you.
>>
Animals adapt to their surroundings, not surround to their adaptations.
>>
>>31637650
>surround to their adaptations
That doesn't even make sense. Does the "X to their Y, not Y to their X" analogy even work that way?
>>
>>31637653
An animal with no means of migration can't change its locations because of it being unideal. That's the reason why they mutate to adapt to their surroundings. A snow rabbit can't just leave it's biomedical and head south, so it adapted to live in cold area
>>
>>31637679
That's totally understandable.
>>
>>31636797
>natural selection makes fire breathing dogs turn into ice breathing dogs when the climate is cold.
>>
>>31637632
Writing fancy isn't the only job writer has. The first and foremost priority should be to keep the consumer engaged. Having it be just pancakes with no other explanation is comedic. Much better than explaining fucking evolution. Making it sound fancier is going to change literally nothing. The writer did his job correctly. It just didn't please all autists.

But fuck, you saw right through me. I was just projecting my own insecurities. I'll go cry in a corner now. Have fun reading the fancy explanations which doesn't make any more sense than the meme explanation. I'm sure you'll have a good time fapping to those.
>>
>>31637748
You're not doing a good job on the whole "i'm not insecure" bit by responding the way you are when I don't even necessarily disagree with your core point. Nowhere did I say that writing fancy was the writer's only job.

Obviously it's all bullshit when you get down to it, but that's why it's fiction, so generally when people bring that up they're just being exhaustive with their arguments. Verisimilitude/immersion is certainly a part of that engagement you're talking about. The fact that you were (and still are) mocking others that value that more is why I called you insecure, and then going off on some point about others thinking themselves smart for it- even though that's what you were doing over preferring more whimsical descriptions- is why I said you were projecting. Plus you were simultaneously dismissing it as only "sounding good" when that's essentially the reason you like the pancake explanation more, just in a different way.
>>
>>31637865
Just because it's fiction doesn't mean it doesn't have to make any sense. Any good fictional world would follow its own rules, at least. Alolan forms don't, because they were a joke. Simple fanservice, without much deeper meaning. A few more realistic ones were sprinkled in, so that if they were received well enough, the concept can be expanded upon. Otherwise, they made them ridiculous. That was the point.
I'm angry because the retarded OP and the entirety of this thread thinks Raichu's explanation was somehow worse than others, that it somehow made less sense than others. That's fucking bullshit. Fancy bullshit is still bullshit.

If all of them are bullshit, calling one better simply because it's worded fancier is wrong. Someone who can't grasp a single fucking joke and/or thinks he's too intelligent to appreciate it because it isn't fancy enough is a fucking retard. Referring to a retard as a retard is not wrong.
>>
File: pokemon-770x562-palossand.jpg (139KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-770x562-palossand.jpg
139KB, 770x562px
Considering this is official art showing it's prevo being fucking devoured by the Castle Boi, I think it makes a little bit of sense why they started levitating and riding on their tails. Staying on the ground means risking that shit. I mean, this makes as much sense as an electric mouse gaining telekinesis and surfing it's own tail can, I suppose.
TLDR Raichu's evolved to float so they can escape the sandy bastards
>>
>>31637409
The pancakes are just a local superstition. Nobody's entirely sure what the actual reason is.

And even then, it's just a silly reference to a Japanese children's book.
>>
>>31636730
Adapting is a process that take sover the course of thousands of years, the Alolan island could have looked completely different then. (Or not. My fish turns into a sea serpent after 30 minutes of bashing into other smaller fish, so maybe adaption happens overnight)
>>
>>31638060
Huh, a plausible theory actually.
>>
>>31638225
Maybe this shorter time is a matter of decades or centuries. In the case of Exeggutor, Marowak and Raichu, the change is almost immediate.
>>
File: 1481347374781.gif (400KB, 532x534px) Image search: [Google]
1481347374781.gif
400KB, 532x534px
>>31637997
My whole point is that "fancy bullshit" is all fiction is when you get down to it, even the stuff that "makes sense". You can't simultaneously hold that belief and the one that there's no variance in plausibility even in the simple Alola form descriptions, especially if you add in subjectivity. Hell you even say yourself some of them are more "realistic". Some people like that, and thus don't like Raichu's explanation. I personally think it's just fine. If you think believing the former makes someone a retard, I'll call you insecure. If someone thinks preferring the latter makes someone stupid, I'll call them insecure too.

tl;dr the limits of suspension of disbelief are different for everyone.
>>
>>31638309
Yeah, I'm not sure how "canon" Transferred pokemon even are though. It's kind of implied they come from different universes, given that Ruby can send a pokemon to Omega Ruby, which is an alternate universe. Perhaps the transfer made the Pokemon's data have to be localized? Or based it off the local Pokemon's DNA when it was copied.
>>
>>31638321
>you even say yourself some of them are more "realistic"
One. Ninetails. The rest are equally, if not less plausible than Raichu's.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.