[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's your opinion on the SM season so far? Personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: 1471836174836183.png (441KB, 673x385px) Image search: [Google]
1471836174836183.png
441KB, 673x385px
So what's your opinion on the SM season so far?
Personally I think it's been a bit underwhelming, but I'm really enjoying this new setting.
I wish they had gone full SoL school anime though, but at the end of the day this is still Pokemon.
>>
I like it. The artstyle doesn't look bad in motion, the characters are cute, and I genuinly laughed a few times.
>>
>>31631507
>>31631535
>>>/padt/
>>
>>31631507

It's pretty 'meh' to me, I don't mind the animation so much anymore, but the episodes just seem so...pointless? Like they have about 5mins worth of storyline and they stretch it out with pointless scenes.
Its pacing seems very slow too, 13 episodes into the saga and TR (Together) have caught more Pokemon than Ash..
>>
>>31631539
No thanks. It's impossible to have discussion about the anime on /padt/.
>>
>>31631507
Is it that hard for ashnimefags to stay in their fucking general?
>>
>>31631578
They're fucking discussing it right now as we speak. You fucking idiots just end up spamming the catalog with totally redundant threads that end up killing other threads. You're cancer. Fucking end yourself.
>>
>>31631604
Fuck off Scott.
>>
Pure garbage
>>
>>31631507
>I wish they had gone full SoL school anime though

Thank god they didn't. I prefer my anime to have a god damn plot.
>>
Trash
>>
Team rocket has been the only entertaining aspect of the anime so far. Ash and his shitty friends are some of the most boring anime shit of all time
>>
>>31631507
I hate it. I've watched the anime from the beginning and I understand its still very early but everything about it just feels fucking cheap. The animation is garbage, the plot lines in each episode are bland and they've ruined the best part of the anime which is the major battles. Ash vs Hala was so slow paced and seemed to just drag with no real structure or planning. I really hate being this guy but coming from XY to this it just feels like a massive downgrade.
>>
>>31631507
i haven't watched pokemon since the first or second season.

but i watch the recent episode where TR beat ash and i really enjoyed the whole thing. i might watch this season in full once it gets english dubs
>>
>>31632386
this
>>
>>31632473
>Watching the dub
why torture yourself?
>>
>>31632386
>Boring Friends
The same thing happened me with xy serena and clemont are mega boring, shauna and tierno were better
>>
>>31632539
because i'm lazy and dont feel like wearing my contacts in order to watch a show

in the bronx we call this casual
>>
>>31632473
>TR beat ash
Technically they didn't beat him. If you went to /padt/, you'd have known that.
>>
>>31632578
right, because it was subbed, so technically they beat satoshi
>>
>>31632561
>Watching the horrible TPCi Pokemon dub at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-u1rVFoYU

Don't put yourself through this, anon.
>>
>>31632658
No, it wasn't subbed. At least not by good subbers. The shitsubs you saw mistranslated that line.
>>
>>31632711

Care to explain? This sounds interesting.
>>
>>31632424
XY had literally nothing going on until XYZ. And even then all the conflict was an extension of the mega specials, the only good part of the season.
>>
>>31632832
There's nothing to explain, the subs were just wrong. They said like five times "We MIGHT finally beat him!", not "we beat him." The subs mistranslated.
>>
>>31632832
Someone who's fluent in nip said the shitsubbers apparently mistranslated the line as "We won!" when in fact it wasn't saying that. The line actually said "We can win!"

Plus, Pikachu hadn't actually fainted and was about to stand up, so the battle could have gone on and it's entirely possible Pikachu would have come back and won.

In any TR technically hadn't won anyway, and the correct translation of the line reaffirms that. As a general rule, you shouldn't watch those speedsubs that come out like four hours after the episodes air, because they're shit and a bunch of lines are just half-assed or totally pulled out of the shitsubber's ass.
>>
>>31632891
>>31632893

Thanks. Was it not the usual subbers? Usually those guys are quite good.
>>
>>31632906
It wasn't the usual guys. The shitty speedsubs are made by one guy who goes by the name "[Kukui] Subs"
>>
>>31632951

Ahh. Yeah, I'm not surprised they were bad, then. I remember some speedsubs popping up at the start of BW (not sure if that happened with XY also), and they were garbage.
>>
>>31632987
It happens every season. Usually they speedsubbers get bored of it after a while and drop it.
>>
>>31632386
I like Ash's Boyfriend and his Charizard
>>
>>31632893
Holy shit, this autism.
>>
>>31631507
Not bad, animation is fine. Prefer XY though. SM just needs to actually have a point or something first. Early episodes are usually slow
>>
File: ARORA TEAM ROCKET.png (929KB, 816x415px) Image search: [Google]
ARORA TEAM ROCKET.png
929KB, 816x415px
Team Rocket redeemed the anime. Not only are their entertaining as fuck like always but they have success for once. They stopped from blasting off, got two (three if they end up befriending Bewear enough to make it catchable) really good mons, won against Ash, have their own secret base and also have other goals other than just stealing Pikachu. They are the true protagonists and I hope they get a lot more spotlight this time.
>>
>>31632667
>not just using a fairy attack
Diantha deserved it
>>
>>31636125
>there's been multiple threads talking about how Team Rocket finally won
>turns out they didn't actually win after all, people just thought they did because they watched mistranslated subtitles by someone with a poor understanding of Japanese
>pointing out what was actually said is autism
wew
>>
>>31631604

Oh cause all of the 'R8 my wife' and 'what did he/she mean by this' and furfag threads aren't cluttering the board already. At least this thread gives a discussion and not a fucking pedophile jerk off session. Piss off.
>>
>>31631507
any episode with TR is interesting, any with Ash and his shitmons not so much.

that's how I feel.
>>
>>31631582
Yes, it is.
>>
>>31636292

They did win though. Just because pikachu might have had some juice in him doesn't mean it could have beaten the other two by itself
>>
Complete garbage
>>
It's hit or miss for me. Like others have said TR is more entertaining and funny than they've been for a LONG time and that's a huge plus.

The animation is hit-or-miss, I actually quite like the wacky faces but so far the battles are a big step back even if you account for it being early on the series and the battles being scaled down from the end of XYZ (Compare Ash vs Hala to Ash vs Viola).

I'm not a plotfag because investing yourself into the "plot" of Pokemon is a fool's errand, but even then I'm not a big fan of what's happening because they're not being particularly creative with the single-adventure stories. I hope that'll change once they get all the introductions of the show out of the way.
>>
I like it, but graphics style sucks
>>
>>31631507
Has anything productive happened in it or is it all slice of life? I watched that Episode 12 to see Team Rocket win for once and it seemed like Ash and company did literally nothing productive and just hung out at the beach all day. Are all episodes like this? Between this and the artstyle it seems like the lowest the anime has ever been, and that's saying a lot when Best Wishes exists.

But then I should note that I don't think the anime was ever that great, even at its highest.
>>
>>31637141

Pretty much. They hang out at the mall, or they hang out at the beach, or they casually race, or some shit.

Even the important episodes (the trials) feel like filler because ash had to befriend yungoose then had some whacky cartoon antics as the raticate run away from yungoose.
>>
>>31637141
>I watched that Episode 12 to see Team Rocket win for once
And you didn't even see that >>31632893
>>
>>31631507
It's ok. Just like it has been for the past 20 years, team rocket is the best part of it.
>>
Still waiting for ilima to show up
>>
>>31631507
Team Rocket has been the only mildly entertaining thing so far in it. And this is coming from someone who fucking despises those clowns, so you just can imagine how the rest of the series is.
>>
It's the only season of the anime I've been interested in since OG.

The style and overall quirkiness is really charming.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.