[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i buy pokemon platinum now or wait for the chance that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 71C28eEEaML.jpg (208KB, 1114x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71C28eEEaML.jpg
208KB, 1114x1000px
Should i buy pokemon platinum now or wait for the chance that they remake genIV? If I don't get it now, there is a high chance, that there are no remakes, so i would have to pay the orbitant HGSS prices in the future...

help me /vp/
>>
Platinum or HGSS, but dont wait. Or buy a flashcart like Im doing, so you can play balanced hackroms of both and enjoy them more.
>>
>>31628522
I already have HG. What I meant was, that you would have to pay 309$ now, if you would want to buy HG new (amazon-price). So if they don't remake the game and I don't buy it now, I would have to pay such a price in the future (which I'm not going to). But if I buy it now and it get's remade, I wasted money (the normalprice for a game) on it.
>>
>>31628508
>high chance that there won't be a remake

Actually, Junichi Masuda stated that Game Freak is still VERY interested in future remakes, so don't worry, this one's the most likely to get a remake next :)
>>
>>31628621
source or are you just playing some trick on me?
>>
>>31628599
>that you would have to pay 309$ now

dude just buy it used
>>
>>31628645
used is 75$. so still fucking expensive
>>
>>31628508
There's this thing called Desmume and you can get a perfectly running Pokemon Platinum for nothing.
>>
>>31628668
Emulate it you retard
Or get a flash cart
>>
>>31628522
which flashcart?

do you need to hack your 3ds?
>>
>>31628966
dunno which one. mine is lying around somewhere. but no, you don't have to hack your 3ds. BUT you'll only be able to play ds games on it. afaik there are no 3ds flashcards yet. and hombrew has made the need for them obsolete.
>>
>>31629027
thx

sorry i'm retarded and never looked into it before, do you just download a rom or hack and put it on the cart?
>>
>>31628508
You should play Platinum. We're all pretty certain that the remakes are going to strip a lot of stuff out or butcher the design of the original for a more streamlined experience.
>>
>>31628640
Here's your sources, I'm not the type to trick people: https://mynintendonews.com/2016/10/31/game-freak-still-interested-in-pokemon-remakes/
>>
>>31628508
Remakes probably aren't going to happen in the near future so if you want to buy Plat, you might as well do it now.
>>
>>31628508
If ORAS taught us anything, it's that DP remakes will be as shit as DP while completely ignoring what made Platinum so great.
>>
>>31630357
if ohmori directs it by himself we'll be good
>>
>>31628640
Just a note, they're not gonna remake platinum, it's probably gonna be just straight diamond and pearl.
>>
>>31630418
Of course not. But maybe they do it like they did with the hgss remakes: using platinum as a blueprint

Also: i bought the game
>>
>>31630389
Ohmori directed Sun and Moon by himself and we only got the bare essentials of a functioning game.
You better hope he isn't anywhere near the director position.
>>
>>31628508
>Should i buy pokemon platinum
No, why would you? It's a terrible game.
>>
>>31628508
platinum a best game buy it the remakes will be crap
>>
File: Mr._Unno.jpg (60KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
Mr._Unno.jpg
60KB, 400x533px
>>31630389
>Ohmori
>Not the actually competent GF director
>>
>2017
>Buying DS games

even if you have some stupid ass moralfag pride literally none of that money is going to gamefreak so just emulate it or buy at $15 flashcart
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.