[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a reason this thing isn't used more commonly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 250px-579Reuniclus.png (33KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-579Reuniclus.png
33KB, 250x250px
Is there a reason this thing isn't used more commonly?

bulk with immunity to all entry hazards, poison damage, burn damage, and life orb recoil thanks to magic guard.

Access to recover, trick room, calm mind, and acid armor.

125 base sp.attack as well.
>>
>>31622943
Sucker Punch, strong Bugs, and poor coverage.
>>
>>31622967
You can get some decent coverage with psychic shadowball and hp.ice
>>
shit typing for the tank it's trying to be.
>>
>>31622977
It has 75 Defense and 30 speed. Many Bug, Dark, and Ghost Types with high attack and speed counter it.

Sucker Punch has priority, by the way.
>>
>>31623037
Bug isn't a very common attacking type.
30 speed means that it will usually be the fastest mon under trick room, most ghost types that outspeed on the fist turn won't even get the OHKO letting reuniclus either set up trick room, recover, or counter attack. I'm aware sucker punch has priority.
>>
File: 1485729620426.png (114KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1485729620426.png
114KB, 700x700px
>>31623037
>Priority
Did somebody call me?
>>
>>31623077
you are stupid and wrong. I don't even want to get into it.
>>
File: determined-questioning-pondering.jpg (90KB, 1500x1631px) Image search: [Google]
determined-questioning-pondering.jpg
90KB, 1500x1631px
>>31623077
>Forgetting about Dark Types
That's interesting.
>>
>>31623113
Wow, you sure showed me. Please tell me where I'm wrong in anything I said?

>>31623126
I didn't forget them, I didn't think I had to specify why it would be a good idea to leave it out on a dark type, you would obviously make a switch.
>>
File: (you!).png (961KB, 1008x764px) Image search: [Google]
(you!).png
961KB, 1008x764px
>>31623077
>bug isn't a very common attacking type
>what is u turn
>>
>>31623141
It's not though, volt switch is more common.
>>
>>31623077
>le Trick Room face

When you have to use TR as a reason for a Pokemon being useful then it's probably not too useful outside of it.

But yeah Knock Off, Sucker Punch, U-Turn, Shadow Ball/Snek and if you want to have a balky mon there's better options out there.
>>
>>31623178
What's wrong with a mon being better under a terrain effect? How quickly would the tapus drop if they didn't have terrains?

I see your point with its weaknesses on it being a bulky mon but it can also be offensive and does better than average at that.
>>
>>31623149
It's not though because Volt switch does shit to ground types
>>
>>31623193
I don't see how that disproves my point? Most mons that even use u-turn don't get stab from it, and if you leave it in on a scizor you deserve to get ko'd.
>>
>>31622977
Having to resort to HP, as a primary coverage option, is not good.
>>
>>31623232
The genies and some megas get away with it, even the tapus?

If that really bugs you it has access to Thunder, energy ball, and focus blast.
>>
Yeah it's pretty good only a scrub would stay in on knock off. Plus it gets Wow
>>
Remember when it almost got banned in Gen 5? Good times
>>
when the fuck are they going to make a pokemon that trick rooms on switch in?

taking a turn to use trick room is too much of a detriment
>>
>>31623191
The tapus set up the terrains automatically. Last I knew, no pokemon can set up trick room on being sent out.
>>
>>31622943

Reuniclus is still really good. Don't forget that it once terrorized OU, and was almost banned at one point.

Certain team compositions lose to it at team preview, but these are uncommon. Reuniclus sorta fell out of favour as people forgot it and moved onto better things. There are swathes of OU-viable Pokemon that aren't used because they're either overlooked or 'past their prime.'

One of the main things that helped Reuniclus back in its heyday was that Scizor and Tyranitar were the premier OU Dark and Bug types. Tyranitar lost 1v1 to +1 Focus Blast, and Scizor's Banded U-turn was its only option (it didn't get Bug Bite yet, IIRC), which left it unable to 2HKO.

As a bulky Calm Minder, it faces competition from Clefable, and is held back by all of the Dark, Bug, and Ghost types currently in OU.

Dugtrio stall also has ways past it: Whirlwind Skarmory, Mega Sableye's immunity to both Psychic and Fighting, Haze Toxapex, and a few others I might be forgetting.
>>
>>31623191
>How quickly would the tapus drop if they didn't have terrains?
Fini and Lele wouldn't drop at all. Lack of M-Gard helps Lele and Fini can just board the scald train.
>>
>>31623288
You don't have to set up trick room on this mon, you can use another one like oraguru or dusclops.
>>
>>31623307
>lele wouldn't drop at all

Yes it would. It's main niche is to nuke while being immune to priority.
>>
>>31623316
Ah, yes, let me spend a turn switching out of my trick room setter into this mon, just so I can be not instantly destroyed by any reasonably speedy pokemon with common attacking types for 4 turns.
>>
>>31623316
>oraguru or dusclops

Bad and worse. I spent most of gen v trying to make stall work. These were my main problems. You have to shoehorn shitty tr setters on your team. The decent ones then only have 3 moves to work with. Too many overlapping types/roles. Ferrothorn and stall.
>>
>>31622977
Dont forget focus miss
>>
>>31623330
If you're stalling, why do you care about your speed? Your team should mainly be walls.
>>
>>31623320
New niche. Shittier Gardevoir.
>>
>>31623327
Having to use a little thought in a strategy too much for you? Like I already said this mons is bulky enough to usually avoid the ohko anyways, and will severely dent or ohko when it hits back with base 125 sp.atack boosted by a life orb.
>>
>>31623330
How is dusclops a bad mon for setting up trick room? Nothing is gong to ohko meaning you get a guaranteed room up? Then you can pain split the next turn or switch.
>>
>>31623346
Stall destroys trick room teams. It's counter intuitive but true. Hazards and pp stalling will wear you down.
>>
>>31623362
That's all it can do. It's dead weight other than that one move. God help you if they have taunt or trick.
>pain split
Wastes a turn
>switch
Wastes a turn
>>
>>31623389
It can burn or toxic the next turn too depending on what you need, Nightshade is consistent damage, and you can leave them in a very bad spot if you use pain split.
>>
>>31623406
Less turns for your sweepers. Time isn't your friend with TR. Honestly Reuniclus was my best setter because I could maximize those turns without any of that dead weight. Anyone still considering it in singles this gen should just use a standalone Pokemon and treat it as a speed boosting move than something to build a team around. Good in trick room is just a meme unless the thing actually learns trick room.
>>
If people think mediocre mons are good, just use them and see why they are mediocre. Mons like reuniclus need a very specific scenario that takes a lot of effort for them to be good. So it can work, but overall probably won't and you'll be better of using a simply stronger less situational mon. But if you disagree, by all means use it and see for yourself.
>>
Anyone else like Calm Mind/ Recover over Trick Room?
>>
File: 1483833321339.png (111KB, 342x312px) Image search: [Google]
1483833321339.png
111KB, 342x312px
>>31623085
>my bro golisopod isn't meta because I can't abuse priority moves thanks to lele chan
feelsbadman
>>
File: 1480954755607.png (51KB, 259x232px) Image search: [Google]
1480954755607.png
51KB, 259x232px
>>31623511
Priority is kill thanks to tapu meme
>>
>>31623306
This. Reuniclus isn't bad, but it does have some difficulty in the current metagame. Being a mono-Psychic type hurts too since it faces competition from other Psychic pokemon and, if you wanna use it, you have to pretty much use Trick Room which scares away people who want to run faster mons.
>>
It actually does do pretty well as a trick room setter/offense.

DW9W-WWWW-WWW5-WV8X
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.