[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does gen 7 feel so unfinished? Any info on if gf was rushed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1484458890787.png (471KB, 1100x1142px) Image search: [Google]
1484458890787.png
471KB, 1100x1142px
Why does gen 7 feel so unfinished?

Any info on if gf was rushed or cut funding or something?
>>
Feels complete to me. What makes it feel incomplete to you? The single player? The post game? The small pokedex?
>>
>>31618761
>Why does gen 7 feel so unfinished?
Because it's not finished yet. Get back to us once gen 8 is announced.
>>
>>31618761
BEcause Gen 6 and Gen 7 were supposed to be one generation combined. GF fucked themselves by making Gen V and rushed to make the 3DS games.
>>
>>31618871
...is this true or are you memeing
>>
>>31618878
What do you think?
>>
>>31618833

No post-game besides ultra beast quest which was boring and repetitive and battle tree. No national dex in-game.
>>
that's (sadly) just how the games now
>>
>>31618900
Postgame hasn't been a thing forever, and the omission of the national dex was probably more just something to appeal to new players by making 100% completion seem more attainable.
>>
>>31618900

I forgot there was no national dex, that is a big one.

Otherwise it's rare that the first game in a generation has good postgame
>>
>>31618761
It feels unfinished because the Alola region is tiny and has the worst level design of any main game region yet.

Between the sheer lack of size, things robbing you of exploration like the Exeggutor Express or Mt. Lanakila's elevators, or the clearly visible yet completely inaccessible locations it makes for a very streamlined and insubstantial experience. Poni Island is pretty good, but it's far too little.
>>
>>31618878
I mean it makes sense from a business standpoint. Making more games would yield more profit with a franchise like Pokémon. Which is probably the reason why might get another set of Pokémon games on the 3DS than on the Switch first, although Nintendo has probably pressured them to make SOMETHING for the Switch first.
>>
>>31618871
This is partly the reason.

But also they started late because Nintendo forced GF to make ORAS to soften the blow of that infamous profit-loss announcement, and had to complete and release a game with enough time to sell them before the Switch was announced. They were burning the candle at both ends.
>>
>>31618833
All of the characters with fully made designs (Mina, Kahili, etc.) that barely do anything.
>>
File: IMG_5667.jpg (44KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5667.jpg
44KB, 408x408px
>>31619012
Did you mean almost every single elite 4 member for the past 6 generations?
>>
>>31618761
Poni Island is so obviously rushed
>>
>>31618761
Game Freak is always rushed because they can't code. :^)
>>
>>31618833
Small pokedex

Map is pretty vacant toward the end

Pokemon have abysmal spawn rates

Some pokemon appear in times of day or locations that make no sense, like murkrow being in the moubtains during the day.

Pokemon were implemented poorly. Jangmo-o for instance can be caught and fully evolved by leveling twice.

It all feels super rushed which I dont understand because they had at least three years to work on it with those sweet nintendobux
>>
>>31618761
Hey, at least it's better than DPPt and BW.
>>
>>31619106
*and HG/SS and B2W2
>>
>>31619106
Oh dont get me wrong i enjoyed the game.

Something just felt off about it.
>>
File: IMG_2424.jpg (38KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2424.jpg
38KB, 640x640px
>>31619122
>B2W2
nigga what
>>
>>31618964
Didn't nintendo come out and say they are still developing a separate handheld system that wasn't the switch?
>>
>>31619091
It wasn't rushed. These were all intentional design choices.
>>
>>31619847
no
>>
>>31619122
i prefered gen 4 but yeah bw sucks balls
>>
>>31619106
I don't know how you think SM is better than most games before it, SM kinda sucks, not even in a sense that the pist game us small, I mean it's not fun to replay. I don't even hate cutscenes in pokemon games but my problem is that melemele island is 1/4 of the game being 1/4?islands and the entire island is a tutorial. Even DP had better pacing.
>>
>>31620315
I put an ? Unstead of a space
>>
>>31620330
Christ I made a lot of spelling errors
>>
>>31618833
The final island. It just feels so small and empty compared to the rest of the game. Sure it was interesting seeing the game maps get slightly more complicated due to the use of differing heights but still it feels so short. Why is the battle tree there anyways? Tourist location on the island where no one lives?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.