[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else doesn't give a shit about Nintendo's other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3036.png (165KB, 2000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3036.png
165KB, 2000x1400px
Anyone else doesn't give a shit about Nintendo's other franchises besides Pokemon? Nintendo hasn't done anything for me in years.
>>
Being a Metroid fan is suffering.
>>
Being an Earthbound/Mother fan is suffering.
>>
>>31615460
I never planned on even trying to like Yokai Watch however my friend bought it for me as a joke but I ended up really liking it and hated myself for a few days. Its just so charming
>>
>>31615741
NEXT
YEAR
>>
Splatoon, Smash Bros, Metroid, and Fossil Fighters are my Nintendo must-haves. The last two have been ruined and forgotten, but I'd still buy any new ones without question.
>>
Besides Kirby and Pokemon, I stopped giving a shit about them once Smash 4 stopped being fun 5 months after it's release. That was the last thing that wasn't Kirby or Pokemon that I was interested in that Nintendo put out.

Maybe I'll give Splatoon another shot.
>>
>>31615460
Being a Zelda fan is bliss.
>>
>>31615741
I feel ya anon. At least the Mother fan community is stupidly active.
>>
I play a fair amount of Nintendo games, but I don't consider myself particularly invested in any franchise of theirs other than it. There's a lot of their games I like, but I think a lot of them are overrated because a lot of Nintendo fans don't really play other games enough to know better
>>
>>31615460
Being a Pokemon fan is suffering
>>
>>31615460
Mario games are much higher quality.
Other than that I don't care much for Nintendo anymore.
>>
Being a yokai fan is great
>>
>>31615460
I originally bought my 3DS just for Pokemon but there are a lot of other good games and series for it and the original DS, with some of my favorites being Mario, Castlevania, Phoenix Wright, Yo-kai Watch, AVGN Adventures and Shovel Knight. Try out different games OP, you might find a lot of new things to play.

I've tried to get into Zelda but I just can't. I started playing the first Zelda game and later Majora's Mask 3D but I dropped both. I just don't understand the appeal of the series.
>>
I love all of their main franchises, except F-Zero, Star Fox, Fire Emblem and Pikmin which I've never really been into.
>>
>>31615877

I never knew Fossil Fighters was a Nintendo franchise. I thought it was some random third party Pokemon ripoff.
>>
>>31615944

>don't understand the appeal of the series
>only zelda games he has played are an outdated nes game and a unconventional zelda game with tedious mechanics

no shit
>>
>>31616014
>outdated nes game and a unconventional zelda game with tedious mechanics
This is not the first time I hear this. I guess I didn't pick very good games to start with. Could you recommend some good Zelda games for someone who's trying to get into the series?
>>
>>31616055

Link to the Past for 2D
Ocarina of Time for 3D
>>
>>31616055
Link to the Past & Ocarina of Time are the best regarded games in the series and would be the obvious recommendations.
Links Awakening or either of the two 3D Zeldas for Gamecube would also be good entry points
I've seen a few people on 4chan who like the 2D games but dislike the 3D ones or vice versa so try one of each
>>
>>31616055
Adventure of Link :^)
>>
File: 1471954312240.png (519KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1471954312240.png
519KB, 1800x1800px
>tfw my hand-eye coordination is fucking shit
>tfw I will always be ultra shit at any non turn based game
>>
File: 1374202011002.jpg (150KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1374202011002.jpg
150KB, 666x666px
>>31616147
>>31616153
Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time it is then. Hopefully I can awaken my inner Zelda fan.

>>31616203
>mfw
>>
>>31615460
Kirby is fine and comfy, Mario Kart and Smash were fun party games in college. I've never really cared about the other first and second party franchises.
>>
File: igno.png (86KB, 213x208px) Image search: [Google]
igno.png
86KB, 213x208px
>>31615877
Fossil Fighters & Champions was the shit!
Frontier is shit, hope they make a better sequel like Champions.
>>
>>31616395
Mah nigga. Accidentally deleted my save from when I was young and Champions had come out, so I lost my Ingosaurus and Frigisaurus. Played this game before I ever even liked Pokemon. It was the shit. Recently just did another playthrough.

Frontier killed the series, unfortunately. I just want a modern direct sequel to champions using the same art style and mechanics.
>>
>>31615857
That's what we said last year
>>
File: 1484256313607.gif (481KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
1484256313607.gif
481KB, 141x141px
>>31616725
>>
F-Zero fan here. nintendo just shit out shovelware these days.
>>
>>31615460
I want F-Zero. Last game was on the GameCube and all my stores don't even have a copy of GX, even if it was owned. Give me a real one Nintendo, and not mario kart

>>31615877
Man I remember fossil fighter ads on TV in upstate New York. Had to be a okay game. Never got it
>>
>>31616055
Ocarina of Time is considered the best, and well it WAS best in the year it came out.

I genuinely believe Twilight Princess is better, since it's OoT with better dungeons.
>>
>>31617668
Not him but the wolf gimmick kind of kills TP as an OoT competitor. Amazing game otherwise though.
>>
>>31617802
I forget about the wolf desu.
I mostly remember Zelda games for the dungeons, since everything else is filler imo.
>>
>>31615741
>wanting the series to turn into complete shit just like Mario, pokemon, and everything else that's been around for so long
That's disgusting. I fucking wish pokemon had ended after gen 2 or 3 so it wouldn't have turned into the next call of duty franchise
>>
>>31615725

B-but we've got Galactic Federation!
>>
>>31615937
That's Level-5, not actually Nintendo.

>>31615973
It's developed by RED Company but yes it is very much a Nintendo IP.
>>
>>31615460
I really like Mario, Zelda and the Metroid series. I wish we could have another Metroid game, it's been 10 years since we had one.

>>31618289
THAT NEVER HAPPENED
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.