[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Blaze / Overgrow / Torrent What's the point of crippling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1483031576137.jpg (51KB, 501x382px) Image search: [Google]
1483031576137.jpg
51KB, 501x382px
>Blaze / Overgrow / Torrent

What's the point of crippling starters until they get their hidden ability
>>
Easy fix: They're now always active instead of just at 1/3rd HP
>>
I dunno.

Charizard used to have his place running Substitute and Belly Drum then proceeding with Fire Punch. Blaze really complimented the set.
>>
>>31615246
That would be broken as fuck
>>
>>31615246
Then it's be OP as hell, especially during the main game
>>
>>31615232
They're not crippling abilites at all though.
Something like Rivalry is worse.
>>
It's easy for kids to understand and gets them out of scrapes

Like imagine being a little kid and thinking you're done for and then your charizard pulls the kill out of its ass, that'd feel pretty ok
>>
>>31615232
It's ok on bulkier starters, but on fragile stuff? completely shit, even in-game
>>
>>31615247
Chesnaught with subdrum and seed bomb/drain punch was nice
>>
>>31615246
Nope

Better fix: starts active but it stop working when you drop below 2/3 HP

That way its not useless, its active enough times to be perceptible but not long enough to be OP
>>
>>31615232
Anyone got the roothoot edit of this pic?
>>
>>31615246
Hot monkey dick straight to ubers
>>
>>31615246
>Giving Volcarona a permanent 50% boost to its bug type attacks
>>
>>31615232
They work like Berserk now. Under 50% they get an Attack and a Sp. Attack boost.
>>
>>31615614
BELLY DRUM CHARIZARD
>press Fire Punch to win
>>
File: jigglypuff.jpg (24KB, 368x298px) Image search: [Google]
jigglypuff.jpg
24KB, 368x298px
>>31615708
>belly drum to get +6 att
>ability activates to give you +1 more
>but it fails because it's capped at +6
What exactly did you think would happen? Blaze as it is now would be better than in this hypothetical.
>>
>>31615608
Bug coverage sucks ass so it'd be fine. It's not like having a 135 BP Bug Buzz actually lets it beat its current counters, hell many sets would still drop the Bug STAB in favor of better coverage (and Flame Body's chance to punish contact attackers), like HP Fuck Heatran or HP Fuck Dragons. Tinted Lens Volcarona, on the other hand, would be deadly as fuck.
>>
>>31615232
you mean what's the point of making PKMN speedruns possible?
because those abilities are critical to most speedruns.
>>
>>31616281
>not counting STAB
Am I supposed to take your opinion on this seriously? Dumb battlespot shitter.
>>
>>31615832
>BD to +6 attack
>Free +1 spa

Mixed zard incoming
>>
It's so all none of the starters have an ability advantage over the others in-game.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.